No announcement yet.

Spruce Mountain Skiboards - 115 CM Crossbow Longboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What minimal ski brake 95/100/110/130 I can use with Crossbow with attack+risers?
    Anybody use Crossbow with green attack binding? please add photo
    180cm/100kg
    Icelantic Shaman 2008 161cm/12m 160/110/130mm - favorite ski
    RVL8 Spliff 2016 109cm/6.5m 155/130/155mm - favorite skiboard
    Spruce Sherpa 2017 132cm/7.2m 160/112/145mm - favorite skiboard
    Icelantic Scout 2008 143cm/12m 140/105/130mm
    Dupraz 179cm - favorite snowboard

Comment

• Originally posted by 1806 View Post
      What minimal ski brake 95/100/110/130 I can use with Crossbow with attack+risers?
      Anybody use Crossbow with red or green attack binding? please add photo
      The Crossbows are 112cm under foot but work with the standard 115cm brakes that come with the Spruce Pro Sport risers/bindings (you might need to bend the brakes a bit but it's better than the jump to the 130cm brakes). I have used them with an older set of risers that have the Tyrolia SL100 bindings on them and the 115cm brakes.
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

What minimal ski brake 95/100/110/130 I can use with Crossbow with attack+risers?
        If you're using Attack 13s the 110mm PowerBrake2 is a tight fit but will work with Crossbows. You can bend the arms a degree or two for peace of mind. The Attack 11s have 115mm brakes that don't need to be bent. These latest brakes tuck in narrower when retracted so you can even go with 130 or 150mm brakes if you want to swap the riser onto wider boards later.

Comment

How about red or black ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

• Black.......unless there is a little complimentary red in your boots....
            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

• Crossbow Convert

Ok, guys, last month I stayed up way too late on a work night reading this entire thread on the Crossbows out of curiosity. By the end, I was on the Spruce Mountain site ordering a pair, so thanks a LOT!.
              Day 1: center-mounted WITH POLES on all groomers due to no new snow. First run I felt "meh" bc they were not "fun" like the XL's (you guys know I love the ALP/DLP, but I am a recent convert to the XL's as well); however, as the legs loosened up, I found that the faster and steeper, the better these got. The little "pop" I got on the turns thanks to the camber was a lot of fun, because with that edge I could really dig in and push them without fear of sliding out. When the top of the mountain got windblown and scraped off (grrrr snowboarders!!), these held no problem.
              Day 2: Chad tried them center. He is the slarve king, maneuvering those XL's and rockered Condors like he's barely touching the snow. Needless to say, he will NOT be borrowing these from me. Not a fan. I rode the 125 LE's and had a blast.
              Day 3: I rode Crossbows set back in 11 inches of new snow. With almost no visibility, we stuck to trees and a lower bowl to have a reference point and avoid vertigo. The Crossbows are all that and a bag of chips in pow. They turn quickly and never get going too fast in trees (which sometimes happens to me on the Ospreys). Again, when the top of the mountain started getting to be blown off crust, the edge was still solid. On the groomer I may even prefer them set back because you can lean forward pretty aggressively and pop into powder any time you want without feeling like you'll pitch forward (PERFECT amount of rocker!)
              Day 4: Rode these again.
              In the end, I don't think we will ever be able to thank Jeff and Greco enough for the years of fun thanks to them engineering those risers and bindings and coming up with fabulous boards (makes it waaaay too easy to buy another pair I don't need when I can just pop my current bindings on them!) The Crossbows are a brilliant design giving stability and all-condition riding in a light, fun, comfortable (thanks to camber) package. Center mounted on groomers they felt rock-solid stable like the Sherpas but tons lighter and a little easier to turn. Even though carrying poles is a pain in the ass, these are fun riding "ski-style," and poles come in handy when it gets deep. I think they even replace my classic soft ALPs and those gorgeous eyeball DLPs. I'll probably sell those 110s, so RickyLink, you get first dibs on the softies!
              '07 "soft" ALPs
              Eyeball DLPs
              125 LEs
              Ospreys mounted bindings
              Crossbows
              Spruce riser release bindings
              Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

• Originally posted by CANtoo View Post
                Day 2: Chad tried them center. Needless to say, he will NOT be borrowing these from me. Not a fan.
                Have Chad try them setback. He might like them better. I wasn't a fan at first either, but these became my go-to boards by the second half of last season.
                Boards/Bindings:
                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• I'll try, but he said it felt like too much ski. I think like Paul, he likes the liveliness of the short boards. He is the RVL8 devotee and I am more Spruce. After using XLs only last season, he pulled out the RCs instead of Ospreys for the powder and absolutely loved them even on groomers!
                  Originally posted by sempai View Post
                  Have Chad try them setback. He might like them better. I wasn't a fan at first either, but these became my go-to boards by the second half of last season.
                  '07 "soft" ALPs
                  Eyeball DLPs
                  125 LEs
                  Ospreys mounted bindings
                  Crossbows
                  Spruce riser release bindings
                  Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

• Hey Scott, I should probably jump in. I did ride them center mounted, but they gave me that long ski feeling that I don’t like. I wanted to like them, but then by bringing out the Rockered condors for the first time in a few years , I had all the nimbleness and float I needed without the length. I will try them set back once for you, but I’m skeptical. I really am thinking I like the shorties and slarving.
                    64 CM Bigfoot’s
                    100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
                    110 CM Rockered Condors
                    130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

• Originally posted by CAN View Post
                      Hey Scott, I should probably jump in. I did ride them center mounted, but they gave me that long ski feeling that I don’t like. I wanted to like them, but then by bringing out the Rockered condors for the first time in a few years , I had all the nimbleness and float I needed without the length. I will try them set back once for you, but I’m skeptical. I really am thinking I like the shorties and slarving.
                      You'll probably not like them setback then because they'll seem even longer. It's like only a couple more inches in length than the RCs though. I loved the RCs but ended up selling off the three pairs I had because I only really enjoyed them in powder. The XLs are more versatile IMO because they are stiffer and better on hardpack. The Crossbows aren't as playful as the XLs, but they have great edge hold and also do nearly as well in powder.

Here's another thought. You are more of an upright rider just like Rick is, so that's another reason you might not like the Crossbows setback. Like Cindy said, setback works well on the bows when you can apply the forward pressure when needed.
                      Boards/Bindings:
                      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• I have been thinking alot about quivers lately as I have some trips out of state and have to decide max of two boards to bring as putting them on airplanes. .
                        One quiver would be the Spruce Crossbow and the Sherpa . Crossbow for almost all conditions and Sherpa for deep pow .
                        Another quiver would be Blunt xls for almost all conditions and Rockered Condors for deep pow .
                        I agree with everything Cindy and Sempai and Chad have said . Trouble is I really like both kinds of riding ( skiing style and pivot and slarve style ) and it has been a quandry. I have decided on bringing the Spruce Crossbow and the Spliff and forgo the deep pow Sherpa and RC. I have found that the Crossbows and the Spliff have served me really well in all conditions including deep pow yet never make me wonder if I selected the right board as they are great all arounders for me . Not everyone has found the Spliff to their liking but for me it really sits right in between the Blunt xl and the RC and hits the all arounder target well . Guess it will be more mood then anything else to decide which to ride although certainly if less pow probably will go for Crossbows and more pow may go for Spliffs. Also I guess if most riders are on long skis or longboards I might go for the Crossbows whereas if more riders are on Blunt xls or other shorter boards I might go with the Spliffs .And I get to represent my two favorite skiboard companies , RVL8 and Spruce !
                        ps finding a really nice comfortable ski boot with grip walk soles . has made me a hardboot convert and I will be riding both boards with a Spruce riser with the Attack 13 binding
                        https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=17096
                        Boards :
                        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                        Boots
                        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                        Bindings:
                        Zero Pro Non release Binding
                        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

• Thanks for the input Jack and Scott. I guess I’m one of the riders that likes the short playful boards and that’s cool with me, no fighting over the crossbows between Cindy and I.I Might have to try the Spliffs now Jack since they are in between my two go to boards.

64 CM Bigfoot’s
                          110 CM Rockered Condors

Comment

• Originally posted by CAN View Post
                            Thanks for the input Jack and Scott. I guess I’m one of the riders that likes the short playful boards and that’s cool with me, no fighting over the crossbows between Cindy and I.I Might have to try the Spliffs now Jack since they are in between my two go to boards.

Chad , I will have my pair of Spliffs with custom rear set inserts with me at Westfest. I always ride them set back with the Spruce riser as it works better in deep pow for me that way and still works fine on firm snow that way. Kind of what you found with the Blunt Xls. You are welcome to try them out at Westfest !
                            Boards :
                            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                            Boots
                            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                            Bindings:
                            Zero Pro Non release Binding
                            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjue View Post
                              Chad , I will have my pair of Spliffs with custom rear set inserts with me at Westfest. I always ride them set back with the Spruce riser as it works better in deep pow for me that way and still works fine on firm snow that way. Kind of what you found with the Blunt Xls. You are welcome to try them out at Westfest !
                              Really ? Spliffs are on my radar. I’m also traveling via airplane for some skiing too and trying to get down to 2 boards too. I’m bringing the XL’s and still on the fence with the either the crossbows or the Sticky’s or even buying a pair of spliffs ?
                              Them 5 resorts in Colorado have me wondering

I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

• Thanks Jack,
                                I will probably stick to my go tos. I get worried if I don’t like them, the resorts are not conducive to quick board changing. I feel like I’ve found my go tos and am perfectly content.
                                Chad

64 CM Bigfoot’s
                                110 CM Rockered Condors

Comment

Working...
                                X