TWOOWT - Sova time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWOOWT - Sova time

Well I just couldn't wait any longer and had to get these commies out of Moscow and onto American snow.

(swapping bindings)

Out of the Box - The absolute most beautiful top sheets I have ever seen on any snow sliding device period. There's an extra layer of Fiber glass or something going on here and it really shines. You can't see the grain of the graphic print the way you can on most skiboards, seriously they look like a new car, the construction is incredible. Bases came with a solid wax, edges are thick and razor sharp. It pains me knowing how I'm taking a Rolls Royce to a demolition derby, these should actually be perserved for future generations of skiboard designers to study but then I couldn't shred them.

Specs:

One of the key characteristics of Twoowt boards is that they are rock solid and super stiff and this carries right over to the Sova. The first day I rode these the conditions were powder on top of powder, and snowing heavily the whole time. Exactly what I wanted them for.

This is the first rocker/zero-camber board I've owned and I was a little bit worried about how these might skate and most importantly the aft stability. Well, I'm happy to report that you can ride these on your heels although you won't be needing to much and you won't be doing the classic skiboarder banana peel. At 111 cm long, and thick sidewalls you've got an incredible amount of fore/aft stability even with the rocker. These could be considered, "The shortest longboard". Skating just required slightly altering my technique, they skate, not as nicely as a cambered board but they do have an incredible glide.

Surf, is what these are all about but they also do really well in the air, surprisingly I've hit the biggest air/steepest drops yet this season on these zero-camber/rocker boards in just two sessions. This is bliss.

Speed, what lovely boards to let rip. I like to go fast in general but sometimes riding with all my snowboard friends I end up making a lot more turns and 'appreciating' the run while they rip a big fat straight line down "beating" me to the lift, even though its not a race, right? Well, now I still appreciate all the nuances of a run skiboarders get to enjoy, they just go by faster and I'm waiting for my friends at the end.

Input, just like other wide body boards your going to have to put some effort in getting on edge to make commanding turns. They aren't going to hold your hand, but the rocker will save your face.. I hit a few deep ruts riding center, something that would have resulted in a face plant on any cambered board and just rode it out. I'm pretty sure Sergey designed these for Ivan Drago specifically as they are even heavier than the Condors.

Overall first impressions. This is an advanced riders dream board, provided your dreams are made out of powder. They scream out to ridden as aggressively as you dare and open a whole new envelope of performance. Will be recording some runs ASAP.

In the coming weeks I have a lot of binding experimentation to do but my trusty setup from last year works, so if it ain't broke. Having a pair of Condors and a pair of Sova's compliment each other immensely, the two boards feel pretty much interchangeable in the sense they really can just go anywhere no matter how much snow you need to deal with.

These are very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Did you buy these direct from Twoowt? If so how was the process, cost, etc.? I was interested in getting a pair of Twoowt Vipers but was sure how to buy these from the U.S..
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

I'd love to see RVL8 come out with a board like this, a stiff version of the RC. I'd buy it in a sec.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post

Did you buy these direct from Twoowt? If so how was the process, cost, etc.? I was interested in getting a pair of Twoowt Vipers but was sure how to buy these from the U.S..
        I was able to order these off of skiboardershop.ru twoowts storefront thanks to Google translate. The currency conversion helped alot too, basically when I placed my order it went directly to Sergey, there are additional fees you don't see until the final PayPal screen such as duties, etc. It came out to about $200.00 per board shipped. As I was riding all I could think was... " Worth every penny!!!" [emoji13]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by g.dub View Post
          I was able to order these off of skiboardshop.ru twoowts storefront thanks to Google translate. The currency conversion helped alot too, basically when I placed my order it went directly to Sergey, there are additional fees you don't see until the final PayPal screen such as duties, etc. It came out to about $200.00 per board shipped. As I was riding all I could think was... " Worth every penny!!!" [emoji13]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
          How long did it take from the time you ordered to get to you?
          Boards:
          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

It was either just shy or just over two weeks

Comment

It came out to about $200.00 per board shipped.
              So $400?

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                So $400?
                Yep, I bought 2 hats too.. grand total $417.25

that was of course, without bindings.

Comment

working on getting a proper helmet mount figured out, so I apologize for the crappy angels but here is a bit of the Sova in action. Original music

Comment

Looks like they float you great! Hope you didn't scratch them too bad

Comment

This is giving me the itch to add to an already pretty full quiver

....eh, nevermind looks like they are OOS
                      Boards: 15 Blunt XL / 13 Slapdash
                      Bindings: Bomber 2 Elite / Zero Pro
                      Boots: Atomic Hawx 2.0 100

Comment

What is "OOS"? Out of stock?

Comment

looks like the same board is still available but in the "rainbow" graphic.

http://www.skiboardershop.ru/twoowt-rainbow-111-2015/

Comment

looks like the same board is still available but in the "rainbow" graphic.

http://www.skiboardershop.ru/twoowt-rainbow-111-2015/

Ah.....it was easy to talk myself out of it when they were out of stock.....This is probably a need, now to try and convince myself it's a want
                            Boards: 15 Blunt XL / 13 Slapdash
                            Bindings: Bomber 2 Elite / Zero Pro
                            Boots: Atomic Hawx 2.0 100

Comment

Twoowt rainbow 111

Last season I have TWOOWT RAINBOW 111,
                              I broke one Rainbow and bought from the local pro-riders the same pair with a broken just one Rainbow.
                              I do not advise to buy Rainbow, I have heard that they are slightly reinforced construction in the next year Sova.
                              I like Rainbow, I ride them in different conditions, for my weight 95kg/210lb, fresh(+30cm) snow on them impossible to ride, Osprey fresh snow hardly hardly hold me.

I ask TWOOWT today: Sova have double varnish and strengthening under the bindings(that would not break).
                              I check Sova price in Russia(Moscow), EMS express postage to US(14 days) and PayPal fee, all cost ~350$.
                              They have very limited stock Sova.
                              They have very good bag for 111cm skiboard/ 390$ with Sova.
                              This price you can ask from Twoowt.

TWOOWT RAINBOW 111 and other...
                              180cm/100kg
                              Icelantic Shaman 2008 161cm/12m 160/110/130mm - favorite ski
                              RVL8 Spliff 2016 109cm/6.5m 155/130/155mm - favorite skiboard
                              Spruce Sherpa 2017 132cm/7.2m 160/112/145mm - favorite skiboard
                              Icelantic Scout 2008 143cm/12m 140/105/130mm
                              Dupraz 179cm - favorite snowboard

Comment

Working...
                              X