Sticky Rear Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky Rear Set

So I rode the Stickies rear set yesterday. Fabulous. The board feels much more neutral carving and rides more smoothly. Absolutely loved them. I won't be moving the bindings back to centre any time soon LOL.
    As an aside, I also tried the XLs set back. Never done that before. Didn't like it. Something to do with being off the sweet spot on the rocker I think. The boards felt less precise, totally unlike the Stickies, which felt more accurate set back.
    Horses for courses.
    The Stickies are also a little easier to skate rear set. Probably not the position for Park, but for All Mountain, just brilliant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Hi valmorel,

As a new skiboarder (ridden once on borrowed kit, been snowboarding for 15 years) I'm considering the Blunt XLs and SIIs. I'm 5'6/9st7lb so definitely smaller/lighter than average. On snowboard I tend to freeride and enjoy playing around at the edges of the slope, off piste and through the trees. I have little interest in the park.

How would you compare the Blunt XLs to the Sticky Ickies? Both seem very versatile and from your previous comments I'd find it hard to believe that either would be a bad choice...?

Thanks for any thoughts you have,
    Stuart

Comment

True, neither would be a bad choice, but coming from snowboards and enjoying off piste riding, I would def recommend the XLs over the Stickies. The XLs have good on piste performance, especially if you are used to a little bit of give on the edge grip, but also work really well on ungroomed snow. The Stickies are great carvers, but will be a bit less effective off piste.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
      Crossbow (go to dream board)
      Most everything else over time.
      Go Android

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Working...
        X