Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisd4421
    replied
    Just Pre-orderd the Spliffs with Spruce Pro Prime Plus bindings.

I was still torn between these and the Blunt XLs - Valmorel's comments of it being an all-day board won me over.

Thanks!@
    Chris in NJ

Leave a comment:

• chrisd4421
    replied
    Thanks valmorel!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    First, BOTH boards will do what you want superbly. The XLs are ground breaking game changing boards. The Spliff is another step up again. For resort riding with some excursions off piste, the lighter more nimble XLs are the way to go. For all day riding all over the mountain, much off piste, the Spliff is the option. Personally I will choose the Spliff because it suits what I do perfectly.
    But the magic of skiboards is that, with the interchangeable bindings, they are reasonably inexpensive. How about XLs this season, working up to Spliff fit next year?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• chrisd4421
    replied
    I am torn. Spliff or Blunt XL? It will be my second year skiboarding and am loving it!! Did all the research and was ready to order the Blunt XLs until the spliff came out.

From the two who rode the prototypes, if you had to choose one board, which and could you explain why? I am an intermediate rider, 240lbs at 6' tall. Parks are not my thing but have been enticed to try - I am about ground stuff and carving.

Thanks
    Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jackschmid
    replied
    http://teespring.com/rvl8spliff#pid=6&cid=619&sid=front

G launched the shirt today!

Leave a comment:

• Gromit
    replied
    Originally posted by valmorel View Post
    I took some video of Gromit riding the Spliff yesterday. Mainly because he was able to keep them so close together. Can't really post a link as it came out as a 50mb file. His physique has meant that riding boards close together has always been a challenge. Not with the Spliff!

My physique? Cuff alignment (canting) on the maximum setting on my Atomic Waymaker boots. \ /

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    I took some video of Gromit riding the Spliff yesterday. Mainly because he was able to keep them so close together. Can't really post a link as it came out as a 50mb file. His physique has meant that riding boards close together has always been a challenge. Not with the Spliff!

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Having ridden these boards yesterday, I am happy with everything I have said so far, but the overwhelming impression yesterday was of how well they glide. Sometimes this can be missing from our shorties. It's going to be another one of those non tiring boards I think
    The ability to glide well has gone to the top of my list in recent years. Skating is a young mans game, and a better glide means less skating. Even though the zero camber boards have the surface area to glide well, I have trouble keeping them together and straight.

Hmm, Spliffs?

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    I have ridden the XLs back to back with the Spliff. For me, no contest. Others will disagree. The XLs remain brilliant boards, love them, but I no longer need them LOL.

Leave a comment:

• macrophotog
    replied
    Considering all of the pre-hype on the BluntXL's last year, and how wonderfully amazing those boards were (for me at least), these comments about the Spliffs have me more than excited!!!!!

It's easy to be swept up in the whole 'new board' thing, but this is the most exciting sub 115 board I have ever ridden

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    It's easy to be swept up in the whole 'new board' thing, but this is the most exciting sub 115 board I have ever ridden

Leave a comment:

• macrophotog
    replied
    Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
    - Blunt XLs on steroids.
    Having ridden these boards yesterday, I am happy with everything I have said so far, but the overwhelming impression yesterday was of how well they glide. Sometimes this can be missing from our shorties. It's going to be another one of those non tiring boards I think
    So glad that I pre-ordered a pair of these!

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    Oh yeah, PASS 😊

Leave a comment:

• ysb33r
    replied
    Had a go on the prototype Spliffs today. Lovely set of boards. My legs were already warmed up by te time I got on tp them, so no fooling around.

- Hit them straight down on the first run, trying to keep the snakeline as narrow as possible: PASS
    - Hit the pillar slalom line in the SnoZone. Lots of broken up and hard snow in there. Found airm, hit the bottom, sharp right and in between the next two pillars, followed by another sharp left. PASS
    - A couple of more runs checking the boards' aft stability against my crokked balance. PASS
    - Blunt XLs on steroids.

When I get my breath back and checked my wallet, I am probably putting in a pre-order for a pair. The RCs will no longer be the go-to boards.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X