The 2016 109 Spliff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
    Side note: Last year at Beaver Creek I rode my boards right into the gondola, stayed clipped in, and then shuffled out at the top of run. The lifties were so dumbfounded I don't think they realized what had happened until I was long gone.
    Two years ago in Jasna I saw a chap do it time again on his his pair of Big Foots (!).
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
      Ample opportunity to get snow stuck inside the receiver part of a plastic buckle! Hence that's why we use the leashes with the metal clips.
      That is why I like the Snowjam coil leashes. I've bent the attachment rings more than one in a big wipe out:

I also have not used brakes with the Spruce Risers in a long time . ONe reason is that I change my setup between various sets of boards of various widths.
      Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
      Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
      Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

The wife and I were miserable one day when we were lapping the Strawberry Gondola at Snowbasin. We both had our soft bindings on and really got tired of the constant struggle to get them on and off. It was even worse at the top fighting a cold wind. Even just bending over to connect the leashes was a pain.

We were both envious of the skiers stepping in and out of their bindings. They didn't even have take their gloves off. Little things do make a difference sometimes.
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
          Two years ago in Jasna I saw a chap do it time again on his his pair of Big Foots (!).
          Awesome. When I did it I hit the gondola at speed. My girls were waiting for me and there was no lift line. I was heading down the mountain and was about 100 yds away when they started heading into the gondola yelling they were leaving without me. Since I had on Revolts with Bombers and leashes I knew it would take me a minute or two to dismount and they would be gone before I could catch up so I ducked the lift ropes and slid right past the liftie into the cabin. It helped that it was snowing pretty hard and the rubber walking mats on the loading platform were covered in ice/snow.

In hindsight it was a stupid stunt but what's life without a little stupid fun every so often???
          Boards:
          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
            The wife and I were miserable one day when we were lapping the Strawberry Gondola at Snowbasin. We both had our soft bindings on and really got tired of the constant struggle to get them on and off.
            I love Snowbasin, but only having a gondola to serve the Strawberry side is a major problem. I won't ride that area. Taking boards on and off when using non-release is too big of a pain.
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Pro primes with brakes and a monkey backpack for carrying any distance has been a helpful setup, if I'm just taking one set of boards that day I can carry the wife's boards too which as said above, the little things can make a big difference

Comment

Had a go on the prototype Spliffs today. Lovely set of boards. My legs were already warmed up by te time I got on tp them, so no fooling around.

- Hit them straight down on the first run, trying to keep the snakeline as narrow as possible: PASS
                - Hit the pillar slalom line in the SnoZone. Lots of broken up and hard snow in there. Found airm, hit the bottom, sharp right and in between the next two pillars, followed by another sharp left. PASS
                - A couple of more runs checking the boards' aft stability against my crokked balance. PASS
                - Blunt XLs on steroids.

When I get my breath back and checked my wallet, I am probably putting in a pre-order for a pair. The RCs will no longer be the go-to boards.

Comment

Oh yeah, PASS 😊

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
                  Crossbow (go to dream board)
                  Most everything else over time.
                  Go Android

Comment

Having ridden these boards yesterday, I am happy with everything I have said so far, but the overwhelming impression yesterday was of how well they glide. Sometimes this can be missing from our shorties. It's going to be another one of those non tiring boards I think
                    Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
                      - Blunt XLs on steroids.
                      Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                      Having ridden these boards yesterday, I am happy with everything I have said so far, but the overwhelming impression yesterday was of how well they glide. Sometimes this can be missing from our shorties. It's going to be another one of those non tiring boards I think
                      So glad that I pre-ordered a pair of these!

Comment

It's easy to be swept up in the whole 'new board' thing, but this is the most exciting sub 115 board I have ever ridden

Go Android

Comment

Considering all of the pre-hype on the BluntXL's last year, and how wonderfully amazing those boards were (for me at least), these comments about the Spliffs have me more than excited!!!!!

It's easy to be swept up in the whole 'new board' thing, but this is the most exciting sub 115 board I have ever ridden

Comment

I have ridden the XLs back to back with the Spliff. For me, no contest. Others will disagree. The XLs remain brilliant boards, love them, but I no longer need them LOL.

Go Android

Comment

The ability to glide well has gone to the top of my list in recent years. Skating is a young mans game, and a better glide means less skating. Even though the zero camber boards have the surface area to glide well, I have trouble keeping them together and straight.

Hmm, Spliffs?
                              Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I took some video of Gromit riding the Spliff yesterday. Mainly because he was able to keep them so close together. Can't really post a link as it came out as a 50mb file. His physique has meant that riding boards close together has always been a challenge. Not with the Spliff!

Go Android

Comment

Working...
                                X