• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valmorel
    replied
    Originally posted by rickylink View Post
    Greco has me trained well!

Originally posted by LYK View Post
    Valmorel keep referring to these as 109s, and i keep thinking how cool it would be to have a couple of these on the topsheet.
    I can't even imagine the overflowing awesomeness to have a pair of these fly down the mountain along side the mustang topsheet condors.

One of the Rockered Condors featured a 109 being shot down by a P40 as a graphic.

Leave a comment:

• Gromit
    replied
    Originally posted by LYK View Post
    Valmorel keep referring to these as 109s, and i keep thinking how cool it would be to have a couple of these on the topsheet.
    I can't even imagine the overflowing awesomeness to have a pair of these fly down the mountain along side the mustang topsheet condors.
    NO! NO! NO!
    Some of us ski in Europe.

Leave a comment:

• Gromit
    replied
    When I rode the 109 Spliff prototypes at the snow dome, I immediately noticed a feeling of improved glide over my Blunt XLs.
    I also found the 109s easier to carve than the XLs, yet side-slip (slarving as jjue would say) turns were also possible to achieve. Perhaps side-slip turns were a fraction easier to initiate on the Blunt XLs.
    The snow in the snow dome can sometimes vary with the weather outside. The snow on the second time that I rode the 109s was Spring like. A bit wet and soft. In places, there were icy patches where the top snow layer had been swept away. The 109s just carved straight through those with no twitchiness.
    valmorel commented that I was way lighter than him. I'm a few pounds under 140 but shorter than him at 66".

Leave a comment:

• LYK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rickylink
    replied
    Greco has me trained well!

Leave a comment:

• Wookie
    replied
    ..... That's right... it's just like the full Monty package!
    ... except, unlike the movie the "Full Monty", we ask that you keep these pants on!

I forgot to add that the Full Ricky comes with a RVL8 patch, RVL8 helmet sticker, and a stack of S.B.O.L. business cards too. That's the Full Greco marketing package. If you add the The Full JJue package option you get skins, poles, and backcountry bindings for your 2016 Spliffs.

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    [quote name="rickylink" post=151170].....

Note to Greco: The "a lot like the 120" text needs to be a hyperlink to the preorder page just for me, Sempai, and Bill. And rickylink!!

I would assume that there is special preorder link in development for rickylink that includes an option to buy pants that match the Spliff graphics and a new SBOL Hoodie. This is called the "full ricky" package. That's right... it's just like the full Monty package! 😁[/QUOTE]
    So looking forward to seeing the production graphic. Guess I need to spring for yet another set of boards. Checking them out today for pics and it surprised me how many sets of boards I have. Probably 20 various pairs. With the advent of the Spliff guess I better give some away. Some are brand new still in shrink wrap, others are really well used LOL
    Next trip out on Spliff scheduled for September 20.

Leave a comment:

• rickylink
    replied
    [quote name="rickylink" post=151170].....

Note to Greco: The "a lot like the 120" text needs to be a hyperlink to the preorder page just for me, Sempai, and Bill. And rickylink!![/QUOTE]

I would assume that there is special preorder link in development for rickylink that includes an option to buy pants that match the Spliff graphics and a new SBOL Hoodie. This is called the "full ricky" package. That's right... it's just like the full Monty package! 😁

Leave a comment:

• Wookie
    replied
    Note to Greco: The "a lot like the 120" text needs to be a hyperlink to the preorder page just for me, Sempai, and Bill. And rickylink!!
    I would assume that there is special preorder link in development for rickylink that includes an option to buy pants that match the Spliff graphics and a new SBOL Hoodie. This is called the "full ricky" package.

Leave a comment:

• Wookie
    replied
    Originally posted by sempai View Post
    There's lots to be exciting about. ......
    Yup. This is how I feel today....

Leave a comment:

• rickylink
    replied
    [quote name="valmorel" post=151150].... The stability is brilliant, a lot like a 120 actually, .....[/QUOTE]

You had me at "a lot like the 120". I think I stopped reading there.

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    Originally posted by sempai View Post
    There's lots to be exciting about. There are signs all around that we'll be skiboarding again soon. Temps are dropping. I woke up this morning to 45 degrees in Reno, and the news said it was around the freezing mark in Tahoe. El Nino Part 3 from Open Snow was in my inbox. Valmorel posted a wonderful review of the Spliffs, and tomorrow we should get our first look at the new 2015/16 RVL8 lineup and graphics. It's going to be an awesome season.
    Actually, we are having a cold summer here in UK. Least three years have been this way and ski season has been great

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied
    There's lots to be exciting about. There are signs all around that we'll be skiboarding again soon. Temps are dropping. I woke up this morning to 45 degrees in Reno, and the news said it was around the freezing mark in Tahoe. El Nino Part 3 from Open Snow was in my inbox. Valmorel posted a wonderful review of the Spliffs, and tomorrow we should get our first look at the new 2015/16 RVL8 lineup and graphics. It's going to be an awesome season.

Leave a comment:

• Wookie
    replied
    Originally posted by valmorel View Post
    .... The stability is brilliant, a lot like a 120 actually, .....
    You had me at "a lot like the 120". I think I stopped reading there.

Note to Greco: The "a lot like the 120" text needs to be a hyperlink to the preorder page just for me, Sempai, and Bill.

Leave a comment:

• rickylink
    replied
    Thanks for the review... looking forward to getting on a pair!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X