Blunt XL Production Model, First Impressions

Blunt XLs Reviewed By Sempai And JJue

Blunt XLs Spotted At Northstar
    Just these, nothing else !

Buy Your 2015 Blunt XLs Here

Comment

2015 Blunt XL Owners Club

Post up some images of your set up and I'll add you to the list.

Bad Wolf
      Sempai
      Jjue
      Slow
      Rickylinc

Comment

It snowed a couple of times here in Colorado already bad wolf... I'll let you come here if I can borrow the xl's:-)

Beautiful 48 days!
        33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
          It snowed a couple of times here in Colorado already bad wolf... I'll let you come here if I can borrow the xl's:-)
          The tops of the SanFrancicso Peaks turned white for a few days last week, but it was hail not snow. Still a good omen. If the Super El Nino hits like they predict, you'll be coming to ski with us

I should send you my soft boot conversion so you can do some early season field testing for me.

Comment

Now the long wait is on for snow to fall, boards to arrive, and reviews to be posted.

Ugh!
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I am stoked and placing my pre order today .. I think I have coined the term 3rd generation skiboards for the Blunts and the RC with their cool rocker design ... now we have third a board with a new very different use of rocker in a 100cm length , can't wait to ride it ..
              What is really nice is that each of these boards although basically of the same width and shape , have different lengths and significant differences in their use of rocker , they are not simple clones of each other in different lengths but really different boards with very likely different personalities.. I know that the Blunt is no midget RC clone and I think the Blunt XL will also be no giant Blunt but a board with it's own different and engaging personality ... .I will not venture a guess about how it will perform .. different enough that I just will have to find out by riding it myself ! I have heard rumors that a certain skiboarder friend of mine with access to all year indoor slopes will soon give us a first impression , can't wait !!!!
              Boards :
              Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
              Boots
              K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
              Bindings:
              Zero Pro Non release Binding
              Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
              Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
              Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
              Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
                ............I have heard rumors that a certain skiboarder friend of mine with access to all year indoor slopes will soon give us a first impression , can't wait !!!!
                That explains why he was keeping such a low profile this summer.

Add me to the XL Owner's Club. Just placed my preorder.
                sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
                  I think I have coined the term 3rd generation skiboards for the Blunts and the RC with their cool rocker design ...
                  Really?
                  Crossbow (go to dream board)
                  Most everything else over time.
                  Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                    Really?
                    Christopher Columbus didn't discover the America's but he sure took credit for it and that's all history remembers!

Give it a few years and those future skiboarders will fondly remember the afternoon, while sitting under an apple tree in the backcountry, Jack noticed the slight upward bend in the tree's branches and was divinely inspired to invent the rockered skiboard. Then on the 7th day of riding he saw that they were good and said, "I shalt name thee the 3rd generation of skiboards. Three shall be the number thou shalt call them, and the number of the generation shall be three. Four shalt thou not use, neither count them as two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out."
                    Boards:
                    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

And let's not even get started on six!
                      Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                        Really?
                        LOL Valmorel , you and I have had so many conversations , that I think your ideas are my own !!! Sorry , it was Valmorel that coined the term "3rd generation skiboards"!!!

https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=14882
                        Boards :
                        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                        Boots
                        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                        Bindings:
                        Zero Pro Non release Binding
                        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

I think it was collaborative old friend
                          Go Android

Comment

Xl

XL pre order complete.. I'm super excited about these new boards!!! And they'll match my pants!!
                            rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                            ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

OH man! Can't wait for the reviews for this. IT'll be a big debate for Blunt XL or 2015 RCs
                              Riding: RVL8 '15 Rockered Condors
                              Bindings: RVL8 '15 Black Receptors | Tyrolia Attack 13 Release Bindings
                              Boots: Full Tilt '14 Booters - 27.5

Comment

Working...
                              X