Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RVL8 Rockered Condors and Receptor Bindings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RVL8 Rockered Condors and Receptor Bindings.

Today Was the first day out for the season for me, and the first time riding rockered condors. I have always been a Slapdash kind of guy. The KTPs seemed too wide, and the ALPS too long. I decided to try the rockered condors, the 0 camber and tip/tail rocker made me think they may not behave like one may think. I couldn't be any more right.

These things made me fall in love with skiboarding all over again, like the first time I strapped on a pair in 2004. They blasted through the heavy slush and ruts no problem. The rocker / 0 camber is perfect for laying huge carves with little effort. The rocker allows you to really push your weight forward and pressure those front edges without worrying about hooking a rut and tomahawking down the hill. Beware as these are very soft, and if you have that classic ski stance / turn style. These FORCE you to ski properly. There is no backseat sliding on these without doing a surprisingly fun tail butter. People every run commented on them, more so then regular skiboards because of their sheer size.

They ski like a 98 and are stable like a 170. Best of both worlds.

In the Park they were super fun buttering and sliding rails/boxes. Coming out fakie makes things much easier as the tails are soft if you land backseat. Again skiers came up to me and told me how sick they were.

I found a skiboard I will probably ski for the rest of my ski life.

When the powder comes, I know these will slay even harder. If they were this good in the park and slush, imagine their performance in what they were made for...the powder.

I will get some videos and pictures out immediately. Today was the first day of the season and it was super foggy so I didn't take out the camera. Here is a picture of the flex!

-B

If you don't get anything else from this review at least get this: BUY ROCKERED CONDORS!

Attached Files
    Last edited by Greco; 11-18-2013, 08:47 AM.
    sigpic

Very interesting! I think you are the first person to ever review park riding on the RCs. I'm very surprised they perform that well in the park since they are so flexy and have very little running length.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

It's cool that you make the RCs work in the park. That adds another dimension to an already versatile board.
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

That is awesome! I always like it when people try something new - you never know what will happen until you try it. Can't wait to see photos and video of the RCs in the park. The performance envelope on these boards continues to expand.
        In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
        Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
          Very interesting! I think you are the first person to ever review park riding on the RCs. I'm very surprised they perform that well in the park since they are so flexy and have very little running length.
          I think the other Brandon (Enouf), tried his RCs in the park one time.
          Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Working...
          X