'07 Soft Alps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '07 Soft Alps

First of all, I love the BWP's and sub 100cm boards. I loved the non release bindings until I tried the release bindings and now that's all I'll use and I have ridden everything SBOL sells except for the Sherpa 130's, Allz 94cm, 75cm, & the 110 Condor.

I can proudly say I have ridden Adam Lynam's original 110cm board that got SBOL into the 'long' skiboards. This 110cm board I can honestly say is... AWESOME! LOVE IT! I would not even call this a 'long' skiboard! It feels so natural and smooth and like a sub 100 under my feet.

The Alp did great on normal blue runs to black steeper icy runs. Had not powder to try but had lots of mushy snow! They did better than I expected in the mush that's for sure! But mush is just no fun for skiboarding period.

The soft '07 Alp was very easy to get on edge with and hold it. Easy to do the fun 360 spins or ski backwards on. The stability was soooo nice ,never once did I have that wobble!! That alone will help me get back into the skiboard saddle even more now. Sure, the Spruce 120 does it all too but for me... it's too heavy of a ride and to carry around, and my legs feel it at the end of the day. The 120 is my powder board now but I do plan on riding it more to get more use to the weight because it too is smooth and actually easy to ride.

Back to the Fabulous Alp... I am pretty stinkin' sure these beautiful looking '07 Alps will be my one and only Go-To board!!! remember I was pretty stuck on my BWP's too!
    Yeah!!! Finally a board to appease all my current needs and future needs too! Don't get me wrong, you still need another board or two in a skiboarder's quiver! Gotta have a powder board and your goto board at least!

Compared to the BWP, there is not much difference side by side, honestly!.... but on the slopes there IS a difference and it is for the best! The Alp gave me the stability I've been looking for at the speeds I like to go. The Alp met my expectations, hands down. I was leery of going to the 110, thinking it's gonna feel to long, but Nope, it don't! The Alp is perfect. As Dave Valmorel says, it's the "Fabulous Alp" and I whole heartily agree. I will take the Alp over the Revolt for sure now.. I was debating between these two again even though I had ridden the Revolt before I still wasn't sure of the Alp since I never rode it. Hearing nothing but good things and knowing I personally prefer the softer boards, I went for it and am very happy.

You really can't go wrong with any R8 board to be honest. I like them all, they each have their pros and cons for each rider type and snow condition.

I just feel like I found a true all mountain board that still truly feels like a sub 100cm but give you the stability of a longer board. I debated to get a Revolt again, buuuuut I don't think I need to unless a new Revolt graphic is one a just gotta have! LOL

I hope to see more Alp's on the slopes, they ROCK!

Thank you Greco for ALL your support and offers and good board selections and colorful bindings for folks!

Thank you Jeff for your awesome release bindings and boards too!

Thank you forum friends for your support and friendship and shared passion of Skiboarding!

Shelley
    Feel free to ask me any questions or comparisons, I don't mind!
    C U N DA SNOW!

See I told you the ALPs were awesome...Awesome ALPs!
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

yep! you and everyone else! THANK YOU!
      C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Thank You. Now this makes me want to get the ALP. I have the Condor and Revolt and I love both of these boards but makes me think that the ALP is a cross breed of these 2 boards and would be a perfect fit. Decisions to make in the off season.
        2009 Revolt "Condor" w Orange Receptor
        2010 Condor w Spruce Sport

Comment

hey shelley,
          great to hear you were able to get out and enjoy some of the nice late season conditions.... .
          fantastic review of a fabulous board.... thanks for posting it up !
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Zero Pro Non release Binding
          Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
          Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
          Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
            See I told you the ALPs were awesome...Awesome ALPs!
            Ya, what Sempai said!!!!

Comment

Finally got there LOL!
              Crossbow (go to dream board)
              Most everything else over time.
              Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by cuffball View Post
                Thank You. Now this makes me want to get the ALP. I have the Condor and Revolt and I love both of these boards but makes me think that the ALP is a cross breed of these 2 boards and would be a perfect fit. Decisions to make in the off season.
                Definitely get the Alp!

Thanks everyone!
                C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

I'm sorry, I must have misread something, this is your new go-to board?!?!?! WHAT ?!?!?!

I can't believe my eyes, to hear the biggest supporter of BWP's find a new love. While I'm SO happy for you Shelley, I must say you put me in quite the quandary. Just when I thought my next boards would be Revolts, you HAD to go and stick this review in my brain. Hmm, what to do, what to do?!?!

I think it's fabulous that you now love release bindings, I LOVE my Pro Lites. I guess you're going to have to update your signature now, and move those BWP's to another spot on your favorite list. Man, what I wouldn't give to try out a pair of ALP/DLP's before I buy them. It scares me to think about jumping from 98 to 110. I trust your judgement and review, but it still sounds scary!

I hope you keep playing on those ALP's, they have found a good home. And while I knew (even though I wavered quite a bit) that the BWP's were a GREAT first board for me (and they really were) I hope I can make a decision when it comes to set #2.

Congrats on your purchase Shelley, I hope you enjoy those for years to come!
                  If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
                  www.GetFitnessFast.com
                  www.FastFitShake.com
                  www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                  '07 BWP's
                  2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                  Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Belle1708 View Post
                    I'm sorry, I must have misread something, this is your new go-to board?!?!?! WHAT ?!?!?!

I can't believe my eyes, to hear the biggest supporter of BWP's find a new love. While I'm SO happy for you Shelley, I must say you put me in quite the quandary. Just when I thought my next boards would be Revolts, you HAD to go and stick this review in my brain. Hmm, what to do, what to do?!?!

I think it's fabulous that you now love release bindings, I LOVE my Pro Lites. I guess you're going to have to update your signature now, and move those BWP's to another spot on your favorite list. Man, what I wouldn't give to try out a pair of ALP/DLP's before I buy them. It scares me to think about jumping from 98 to 110. I trust your judgement and review, but it still sounds scary!

I hope you keep playing on those ALP's, they have found a good home. And while I knew (even though I wavered quite a bit) that the BWP's were a GREAT first board for me (and they really were) I hope I can make a decision when it comes to set #2.

Congrats on your purchase Shelley, I hope you enjoy those for years to come!
                    Well, be like most of us, we end up buying all the boards practically to try them then sell them! LOL Craaazy to do though.
                    Oh yeah, my signature, thanks I'll do that... I do still love & enjoy the BWP's, they are dear to me. But them Alp's were seeeeet! The Revolt is a great board for sure, no doubt, but the Alp is just smoother I'd say and still very nimble to maneuver. The more length you can have and be comfortable the better.. the Alps provides that, remember I am 5'4" and was also concerned of the length... but so happy I took the Alp plunge!
                    It's ok to get the Revolt, if you dig their graphics go for it! See what comes out for the 2012 season then make a decision then. Have the 98cm & the 110cm is a good two board quiver, but honestly, the Alp is the one board for me now... we'll see how it does in powder but I'm pretty sure I'll need my 120's and Condors for that!

OK Signature updated!
                    C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkkid View Post
                      My Go To Board is the ALP!!! Love this board, it ROCKS!!!
                      If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
                      www.GetFitnessFast.com
                      www.FastFitShake.com
                      www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                      '07 BWP's
                      2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                      Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Working...
                      X