Need 75cm boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 75cm boards

I am looking for gently used 75cm boards with bindings. I am willing to consider 90cm boards, but I prefer 75's. I've never skiboarded before and I am having a tough time finding skiboard rentals in that size. So, I figure I'd try searching for a nice used pair here, since I may be able to purchase a used pair for the same price as a week rental. If you know something I don't know, please feel free to share. I'm a girl, 5'4", and 128 lbs. According to my size, the 75's seemed to be the right size. I'm looking for something to learn on and just cruise down some groomers. I'm a very confident roller blader, so I know I'll pick this up quickly. But once I improve, I'll upgrade to nicer boards. Any help is appreciated! Please feel free to send me specs and pics to look at.

Thanks!
    If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
    www.GetFitnessFast.com
    www.FastFitShake.com
    www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
    '07 BWP's
    2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
    Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

I know they aren't used, but $182 for brand new boards with bindings is a pretty good deal. You can take your pic of these graphics:

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/Merch...oduct_Count=25

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/Merch...oduct_Count=26

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/Merch...oduct_Count=27

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/Merch...oduct_Count=28
    I do it because I can.
    I can because I want to.
    I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
    '08 KTPs

Comment

Oh, I hadn't seen that deal, thanks! I'm a little nervous about non-releasable bindings. I know they're lighter and give a more secure fit to the board, but I'm a bit of a worrier. I don't anticipate being an "extreme" rider, especially my first time out, but I don't want to take a fall and break a leg because the bindings won't release.

Any thoughts about releasable vs. non-releasable?

www.GetFitnessFast.com
      www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
      '07 BWP's
      2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
      Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Hi Belle, I wouldn't worry about the non release bindings. Since the boards are so short it's highly unlikely you'd get enough force on the short board to pull your leg / ankle around and injure yourself. I'm about your size and I've been riding non-release bindings since I started skiboarding and love them. I've used them on boards as long as 101cm (which is something not usually recommended for someone my size) and I haven't had any issues.

Comment

Thanks Courtney, I appreciate the input! I'm so excited to try skiboarding when we go to Tahoe, but I'm having such a hard time finding boards to rent in my size. I really wanted to rent a pair before I buy a pair, just to make sure this is something I really love. I think I will, but there's no sense in spending money on something if I don't have to. Besides, I don't want to buy a lower quality board just to save some money, I want to get good boards, I've got my eyes on R8 Bantam's. I suppose time will tell. If I can find decent used boards to buy, I will buy them, and upgrade once I'm officially hooked

www.GetFitnessFast.com
          www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
          '07 BWP's
          2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
          Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Most rental boards will be much lower quality and less stable because of their narrow design. It's still not a bad idea to give rentals a try and see how it goes.

If you plan on getting into any powder I'd suggest looking at something longer. Riding anything but groomed runs on 75cms will be quite the work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Belle1708 View Post
              ....... I'm so excited to try skiboarding when we go to Tahoe, ......
              If you are in Tahoe between Feb 27 and March 8, join many of the forum members at Shredfest 2.
              http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=7981
              (1/2 way down page 3 for details)
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

I have Groove Retros 80 cm i will let them go for practically nothing.
                Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Belle,

The chances you will find decent skiboards to rent is almost zero. One thing to consider when looking at new skiboards is resale value in the unlikely case you decide you don't care for them. The last time I sold some recent model, good condition Revel8 skiboards here in the buy/sell section, they were literally gone in minutes for a good percentage of their new value. It might be useful to compare the loss you might take buying new and selling used to the value of rentals, my guess is that you would come out ahead. If you like rollerblading it's highly likely you will take to and enjoy skiboarding.

edit: Nothing wrong with Jason's Grooves, either, I would check that out with him!

Comment

Ugh, I feel like pulling my hair out!

I sincerely appreciate all the wonderful help everyone has been here. This has been the ONLY place to give me any feedback. I'm willing to consider 90cm boards, since my options are a little better in finding those. I just don't know if they'll be too long for me. I see that Revel8 stopped making 75's, right? At least they don't show a 75 on their website for this year. The reviews of Revel8's are great, so if I purchase, I want good boards. I know I can get SnowJam's for less money, but the reviews are very mixed.

I never thought this would be so difficult! I tend to "over" research, and I'm hitting my tolerance threshold. I just want to find some boards and enjoy the mountain, is that too much to aks?!?! I still have hope, because I will find some boards and I will have a blast, that I insist on!

Thanks again everyone, you don't know how much you've helped me!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
                    www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                    '07 BWP's
                    2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                    Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

I'd say the 75cm boards aren't as popular as the larger ones because there aren't as many small riders and most people are looking for a more versatile board. You'll adapt to 90s just fine. They'll be more stable, smooth, and let you kick back and enjoy riding more so than the 75s where you'd be focusing more on making sure you don't get caught up in some rough / tracked out snow. The 90s will ride over things like that much easier and give you better balance.

Comment

I should have mentioned earlier that my wife who is 5 foot nothing, started on SJ75s and really appreciated going up to 90 Tanshos for al the reasons Courtney has stated. My wife currently rides 101 MJ and will be trying 98 BWP next week.

My recommendation is that you consider getting boards between 90 and 101 with release bindings to have a controlled relaxed ride anywhere on the mountain.
                        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by Belle1708 View Post
                          I see that Revel8 stopped making 75's, right? At least they don't show a 75 on their website for this year. The reviews of Revel8's are great, so if I purchase, I want good boards.
                          No, actually, Revel8 does still offer Bantam 75's, in fact there are two options, graphics-wise:

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/Merch...ode=rvl8fitc08

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/Merch...=rvl8samurai08

While these will (I imagine, I've never ridden anything shorter than a 90) be extremely handy and skatelike, I agree with others that 90's will be more versatile, especially if you encounter the soft stuff, which can definitely happen in Tahoe. Also, those Snowjam 75's are 11.2 at the waist, that's awfully wide for such a short board. That's wider than the Spruce 120's I ride (and I'm 6'4" 230 lbs.)! I think the 10 cm waist on the R8 Bantams is much more sensible.

Sorry if this only adds to your confusion!

Comment

Again, many, MANY thanks to everyone who has helped in my quest!

I'll probably go for 90's. I just got $100 Christmas "bonus" cash from my boss, so that will be put toward my skiboarding quest. I'd really love to buy the R8 Tansho's, I just need to see if they're going to fit into my budget. Especially since I'd like to put releasable bindings on them.

I may just repost requesting 90's in case my post title doesn't attract any potential sellers of 90's.

I feel like I'm much closer to getting where I want to be on my skiboard quest!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
                            www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                            '07 BWP's
                            2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                            Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Working...
                            X