Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking to buy a pair w/ softboot bindings locally in N. Lake Tahoe today or tmrw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to buy a pair w/ softboot bindings locally in N. Lake Tahoe today or tmrw

Hi - This may be a long shot on such a short notice but ... my family is skiing at Northstar Lake Tahoe until tomorrow, Saturday, Feb 26... wish we could stay until Shredfest!! Slight chance I may come back for it if there is an opportunity to buy a pair...

I have been looking to either borrow or buy a pair of new or used skiboards with soft boot bindings locally in Lake Tahoe (Northstar) either today or tomorrow.
    Ideally I want shorter skiboards like 88cm Blunt but may get convinced to go up to 95cm (speed is not a priority but rather ability to "skate" and spin more...

If this does not work out, I will order online for my next trip. I am a long time inline skater, snowboarder (and one-wheeler and can not wait to try these ... until this week I did not know much about this industry, only vaguely remembering "ski blades" from a few decades ago. Many thanks to RVL8 for suggesting to post here and on Facebook.

best conditions to all,
    alex

If you can find a way to stay any longer and hit up a day or two of Shredfest, you're going to have the best choice of boards and bindings to play around and test than any other time.

The group that attends always has extras boards and bindings (I forgot my bindings and someone's loaning me a pair for the week). I have four boards that I brought and you're more than welcome to try any of them.

I don't think the length is always going to be an indication of being able to skate or spin. Out of all my boards, the Blunt XLs are the easiest to spin in because of their rocker, but I can skate easily in all of my boards (Stickys, KTPs, DLPs, BluntXLs). It's just something you pick up I think.

Comment

Working...
    X