Bomber Elite 2's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Tim's step-in nonrelease setup is so cool, it's great to see others giving it a try. I've thought for a long time it would be wildly popular if more folks would just give it a chance, especially hard-charging riders who would benefit most from the super-secure, direct boot/board connection.

Is Bomber still around and (at least) making alpine snowboard bindings? Are Fin-tec heels and heel receptors still available?
    I just heard back from a rep. at Bomber. Good news, they have parts for me!! Whoo hoo!! I plan on making a face-to-face trip sometime to visit them. He was very interested in the setup and in helping us keep this going! Teamwork makes the dream-work!!

Comment

Originally posted by krillinakw View Post
      I just heard back from a rep. at Bomber. Good news, they have parts for me!! Whoo hoo!! I plan on making a face-to-face trip sometime to visit them. He was very interested in the setup and in helping us keep this going! Teamwork makes the dream-work!!
      I’d love if Bomber gets back in the skiboard game, my BE2s are awesome. And this fintec setup sounds amazing, but the cost of the boots seems prohibitive to give it a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Toro View Post
        I’d love if Bomber gets back in the skiboard game, my BE2s are awesome. And this fintec setup sounds amazing, but the cost of the boots seems prohibitive to give it a go

Honestly the boots weren't too bad. I got em at $300, while Apex boots go for $700, so really this isn't the end of the world. Throw on the heels and this is probably the most bomb-proof setup for non-release. I am super happy to have gotten in contact with him. I also directed him to the forum, hopefully we get some more interest that leads to sales for everyone!!!

Comment

I guess I know what boots to get next time. Already checked a couple shops in SLC and nobody knows where to find em.
          Boards: 15 Blunt XL / 13 Slapdash
          Bindings: Bomber 2 Elite / Zero Pro
          Boots: Atomic Hawx 2.0 100

Comment

Originally posted by kyu View Post
            I guess I know what boots to get next time. Already checked a couple shops in SLC and nobody knows where to find em.
            I found a guy in Boulder CO who has a bunch of pairs, but purchased from Deutchland. Had a great experience too. Let me know if you want the contact info for either person.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by krillinakw View Post
              I found a guy in Boulder CO who has a bunch of pairs, but purchased from Deutchland. Had a great experience too. Let me know if you want the contact info for either person.

I'm likely going to be doing a Colorado trip so the information would be great. I'd at least like to try some on before I commit to buying a niche boot with likely no return. I do already have the bombers so I like halfway there.

Comment

Originally posted by Toro View Post

I spoke with a Bomber Rep recently... He said they are going through bankruptcy court and a new principle is expected to start manufacturing again.
                rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Originally posted by kyu View Post
                  I'm likely going to be doing a Colorado trip so the information would be great. I'd at least like to try some on before I commit to buying a niche boot with likely no return. I do already have the bombers so I like halfway there.
                  I wanted to get permission to handout information, but the first gentleman I spoke to about the Deeluxe boots is in Boulder CO, just a quick drive from Denver. He wanted to be reached at through his Ebay account and do feel free to. His seller name is "1sboarder"

Comment

The other eBay seller is "restposten_eckenputzer" both were a pleasure to talk to!

Comment

Finally bit the bullet....boots (free69s), heels, bails are on their way. Wishing Germany was just a little bit closer. Also wishing I would have seen this years ago.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Mission accomplished. Excited to try them out tomorrow. Had a casualty along the way so there's no going back.... without buying more parts

Comment

This looks sooooo familiar!!! Glad to see another bullet-proof, step-in setup out there!

We have to arrange something, you are too close to not make something happen this winter! feel free to email me krillinaw@aol.com and we'll touch base. I'd love to swing over to doze SLC mtnz!

Comment

I feel like such a trend-setter now
                            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                              I feel like such a trend-setter now
                              3 is a trend for sure.

Just got back from the first day. I really liked them. Didn't really push them all that hard but looking forward to putting them through the paces. The first step in on the hill was amazing. I wasn't really expecting the ride to be that different. I felt the ride was more different than the first time using my softboot (Bills custom) set up...maybe.... that was a long time ago, but I don't remember it feeling as different.

Anyway, thanks for sharing Tim and thanks for Krillinakw for your search for bomber2 bindings and bringing this to my attention (good luck on that and I figure every comment here is a bump to hopefully find more).

Comment

How do you all compare the boot weight, stiffness, etc. compared to regular ski boots? I have an old set of Raichle 123's from my alpine snowboard phase and they are heav-VEE and soft compared to my FT Booters.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                                171cm/190lbs
                                Current Favorites:
                                RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
                                Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
                                Other boards I'm trying:
                                Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Working...
                                X