Bomber Elite 2's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomber Elite 2's

I am looking for as many pairs of these bindings as I can find! I followed Tim/Crazyboy's step-in setup but need spare pieces (for when I break things again).

I'll post some pictures eventually, but this setup is (basically) bullet-proof and I love it! Anyone who has pieces or full sets of Bomber Elite 2's, please email me @ krillinaw@aol.com.

Thank you all for looking!

Originally posted by krillinakw View Post
    I am looking for as many pairs of these bindings as I can find! I followed Tim/Crazyboy's step-in setup but need spare pieces (for when I break things again).
    Tim's step-in nonrelease setup is so cool, it's great to see others giving it a try. I've thought for a long time it would be wildly popular if more folks would just give it a chance, especially hard-charging riders who would benefit most from the super-secure, direct boot/board connection.

Is Bomber still around and (at least) making alpine snowboard bindings? Are Fin-tec heels and heel receptors still available?

Comment

Yeah, it is a shame that things aren't much cheaper. (Boots ~$450-$550, heels ~$160, bindings ~$150)

Totally worth it, I get so many comments on the setup!

I am reaching out to Bomber's new owner, they are in Georgetown CO now, so I am hoping to arrange a meeting with "Gumbo."

Comment

Yeah, it is a shame that things aren't much cheaper. (Boots ~$450-$550, heels ~$160, bindings ~$150)

I am reaching out to Bomber's new owner, they are in Georgetown CO now, so I am hoping to arrange a meeting with "Gumbo."
        Any chance you can toss a picture up of what this set-up looks like as a finished product?
        Skis/Skiboards:
        2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
        2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
        2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
        2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
        20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
        2012 Salomon SPK 90
        2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
        2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Originally posted by mvhoffman View Post
          Any chance you can toss a picture up of what this set-up looks like as a finished product?
          If you search there forum there is a video Tim (CrazyBoy?) posted about the set up in detail a few years back. Sorry, can’t bring it up from my phone at work.
          Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
            If you search there forum there is a video Tim (CrazyBoy?) posted about the set up in detail a few years back. Sorry, can’t bring it up from my phone at work.
            I’ll check it out later after packing. We are enjoying our last day at Disney!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Skis/Skiboards:
            2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
            2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
            2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
            2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
            20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
            2012 Salomon SPK 90
            2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
            2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Were you able to reach the new Bomber owner? I am interested to see if they plan on supporting skiboard binding or have any replacement parts in stock.
              Boards:
              RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
              RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
              RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
              RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
              Bomber Elite2
              RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
              Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
              Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment

Originally posted by MoltenCore View Post
                Were you able to reach the new Bomber owner? I am interested to see if they plan on supporting skiboard binding or have any replacement parts in stock.
                Not yet. Been quite busy with some other things and will be shortly. I'll keep updates here!

Comment

So tapatalk only let's you select certain pictures? I tried uploading a few and I am not having luck...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

You have to select one at a time to insert using Tapatalk, or at least that’s all I have figured out how to do, but you can put multiple pictures in one post

Comment

Originally posted by Toro View Post
                      You have to select one at a time to insert using Tapatalk, or at least that’s all I have figured out how to do, but you can put multiple pictures in one post

Gotcha, thanks,I'll be able to do more later

Comment

It's awesome to see someone else going with that setup!

Below is my original video, in case anyone wants to spend 13 minutes listening to me talk about bindings.
                        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Thanks for reposting Tim!! I just got a brand new pair of deeluxe free69's and I'm waiting on new heels from Germany to use em. My line transfer boots finally broke a buckle and were almost done for.
                          I've now had probably 150+ days on that setup and absolutely love it. Simple, light, strong. Thank you for the idea, thanks for all the times you've let me ride your boards along the way, and thank you for your expertise here!!

Comment

Thanks for reposting Tim!! I just got a brand new pair of deeluxe free69's and I'm waiting on new heels from Germany to use em. My line transfer boots finally broke a buckle and were almost done for.
                            I've now had probably 150+ days on that setup and absolutely love it. Simple, light, strong. Thank you for the idea, thanks for all the times you've let me ride your boards along the way, and thank you for your expertise here!!

Love that setup! I'm jealous :P

The only thing prohibiting me from doing it is the upfront cost.
                            Maybe when it's time for me to buy a new pair of boots I'll consider this setup (If I can find parts and Bomber are still around)
                            Boards:
                            RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
                            RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
                            RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
                            RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
                            Bomber Elite2
                            RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
                            Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
                            Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment

Originally posted by MoltenCore View Post
                              Love that setup! I'm jealous :P

The only thing prohibiting me from doing it is the upfront cost.
                              Maybe when it's time for me to buy a new pair of boots I'll consider this setup (If I can find parts and Bomber are still around)
                              Even if the parts aren't being made new, you should still be able to get them second-hand. My current setup I built from new, but everything in my previous setup was pre-owned. I got components off of the classifieds on the alpine boarders forums and put them on older Bomber Elite base plates.
                              RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X