Bad deal, and bad seller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad deal, and bad seller

So about a year ago when I found out RVL8 and release bindings , and the skiboardonline store and this forum . I wanted to start my collection getting something good for family and friends and the best for me.
    I did some reading up and figured what’s for me will be brand new and the loaners could be used.
    I started fast and furious without any caution , and boy has that bitten me pretty bad.
    I found someone selling some cool looking boards that I haven’t seen before for sale on the Facebook connection. Seller by the name of Brett Connor. Did a little look up on him to see he was once a rider for RVL8 and they even named a board after him. The Condor . I’ve hear nothing but good things about the board so with Mammoth getting snow as often as the sunshine in LA I was in for buying a pair of his originals from him. I also got a pair of revolts with non release bindings , just because.

So figuring this is a reputable guy I seen him money thru PayPal and as friend so there’s no fee to him . I kick down 550 for everything .
    So the first promise comes in that he’s shipping them out come Monday when the ups store will be open. I wait about a week and a half and NO DELIVERY. This happens for about 7 months promise after promise excuse after excuse , lye after lye . Finally I threaten to get in and get a small claims court claim started , so one last promise that he will refund my money .. and another 3 months of weekly check up for when the money is getting to me .. always the same ... excuse after excuse

I know this is long but the moral of this is never send this crook (Brett Connor ) a penny , his word is worth nothing.
    Dam pity that since then I’ve not bought anything from anyone again. He really put a bad taste in my mouth.
    I guess it’s good for SBOL and Spruce as I’ve only bought new items since that bad deal.
    Thanks for reading ..Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry that you got scammed. I would file a complaint with paypal and report that guy's account as a scammer and fraud. Even if you don't get your money back they might close his account and ban him. I would also file a police report and go after him in small claims. If you win you have powerful ways to get your money back. 550 is not chump change and even if it were less it's just the principle of the matter.

Comment

I can’t remember the exact context, but I’m sure this guy’s name has appeared in the forum before with some negativity.

I always use PayPal. They are excellent at conflict resolution like this.

Sorry for your experience, but now you know who the good guys are[emoji3]
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Machine View Post
        Sorry that you got scammed. I would file a complaint with paypal and report that guy's account as a scammer and fraud. Even if you don't get your money back they might close his account and ban him. I would also file a police report and go after him in small claims. If you win you have powerful ways to get your money back. 550 is not chump change and even if it were less it's just the principle of the matter.
        I wish I had that time to get in to make that claim in a small claims court. 1st I don't have a address for him I wonder if a email works?

I guess I need to research on how to make that claim..
        Thanks for all the advice

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
          I can’t remember the exact context, but I’m sure this guy’s name has appeared in the forum before with some negativity.

I always use PayPal. They are excellent at conflict resolution like this.

Sorry for your experience, but now you know who the good guys are[emoji3]
          I'm not sure I didn't screw myself because I sent in with the no fees thru family and friends ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
            I wish I had that time to get in to make that claim in a small claims court. 1st I don't have a address for him I wonder if a email works?
            You have a confirmed email and real name from the paypal transaction and you have his facebook info from the listing. And if that scammer is really the person you named and not some ID fraudster or namesake then it looks like there are people even on this forum who know him and might be able to help you track him down.

I'm not sure I didn't screw myself because I sent in with the no fees thru family and friends ?
            Unfortunately you did. You have to make a payment as a buyer with fees to the seller to get the buyer protection. If a seller wants to avoid fees and asks for family friend or gift you can always counter to pay the fee yourself if they will invoice you first, and that usually gets rid of a lot of the easy scammers but not the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Machine View Post
              You have a confirmed email and real name from the paypal transaction and you have his facebook info from the listing. And if that scammer is really the person you named and not some ID fraudster or namesake then it looks like there are people even on this forum who know him and might be able to help you track him down.
              That was one of the reasons for making this post, had hopes that someone on here knew how I could find him

Comment

That was one of the reasons for making this post, had hopes that someone on here knew how I could find him
                There is a thread from 2007 with another forum member claiming that Brett ripped him off as well. His name also pops up as attending a few of the events. I can't find his name n the member listing, maybe someone can remember what name he went by on SBOL. Like I said, I remembered his name from the past, so he must have been active in the community. Maybe some one who know him could put some pressure on him?

Comment

There is a thread from 2007 with another forum member claiming that Brett ripped him off as well. His name also pops up as attending a few of the events. I can't find his name n the member listing, maybe someone can remember what name he went by on SBOL. Like I said, I remembered his name from the past, so he must have been active in the community. Maybe some one who know him could put some pressure on him?
                  He told me they named the Condor board after him, and they made one of the boards from the tattoo on his back. The tornado one ?

Comment

He told me they named the Condor board after him, and they made one of the boards from the tattoo on his back. The tornado one ?

If that is true then Greco and the pro riders would know him.

Comment

I recall meeting him at one Shredfest. That was a number of years back.
                      Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                      Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                      Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                      History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
                        I recall meeting him at one Shredfest. That was a number of years back.
                        It was the same year that I attended. There was a girl with him named Amanda.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                        Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                        Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                        Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

I don't know where he is or how to reach him but he sent out two other misrepresented pairs of skiboards to two other people (read insert damaged but said they were fine) and I've made the victims whole by either repairing or replacing their skiboards. Please do not do any business with Brett Connor. And he has no association with RVL8 or SBOL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
                            I don't know where he is or how to reach him but he sent out two other misrepresented pairs of skiboards to two other people (read insert damaged but said they were fine) and I've made the victims whole by either repairing or replacing their skiboards. Please do not do any business with Brett Connor. And he has no association with RVL8 or SBOL.

Thank you for clarifying, Greco.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            171cm/190lbs
                            Current Favorites:
                            RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
                            Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
                            Other boards I'm trying:
                            Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post

Thanks for the clarification.
                              Maybe within this forum a bad dealings page could be made ? Or is there one already made ? Something easy to find . It would be nice to share all of the non trusted sellers we have selling or should I say ripping off others that just love the sport ?

Comment

Working...
                              X