Backcountry Touring on Brett's Rig ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
    'Even though I like my Sherpa ridden center mount ... and ride my KTP center mount at the resort ( only using the rear inserts in the backcountry ) I liked Brett's set up a lot including at the resort and will ride it that way all the time .'

Oh NO! Back to the Dark Side

yes , Valmorel , but Lord Vader , aka , Brett Connor aka The Condor himself is VERY persuasive ! my sincere apologies to the crew of center mount Jedi knights , I am very sorry I have wandered from the fold ... .
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
      yes , Valmorel , but Lord Vader , aka , Brett Connor aka The Condor himself is VERY persuasive ! my sincere apologies to the crew of center mount Jedi knights , I am very sorry I have wandered from the fold ... .
      You WILL be back..............
      Crossbow (go to dream board)
      Most everything else over time.
      Go Android

Comment

I only ride the set back in the back country but always center mount for park and resort riding unless they are getting 8 or more inches. we got some good snow last week and I was at the resort riding setbacks in the powdery terrain park. makes it a little hard to ride rails especially the round ones because of needing to center my weight on uncenterd boards. so I say set back for pow and center for not and the condors will fly.
        live it, love it,rip it!!

Comment

Originally posted by winterparkrider View Post
          I only ride the set back in the back country but always center mount for park and resort riding unless they are getting 8 or more inches. we got some good snow last week and I was at the resort riding setbacks in the powdery terrain park. makes it a little hard to ride rails especially the round ones because of needing to center my weight on uncenterd boards. so I say set back for pow and center for not and the condors will fly.
          Great advice , Brett . . my problem is that many days at our resorts we have some pow in the trees or cut up stuff in the trees and firm snow elsewhere ... i don't ride park , but go off piste alot .. , I wanted to know if the set back would disturb me too much on the firm snow and moguls as I like to go back and forth . On the KTP , i dislike the set back for firm snow so much that it makes me want to just ride it center at the resort all the time even though I like to charge off into the variable snow off piste. . on the Condor I felt differently so that I can go either way and feel comfortable enough either set back or center ...
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

jack I think it is going to be personal prefrance on that. If I encounter hard pack in the set back its almost an atomatic responce I just shift my weight without thinking about it. and it the same for center when I encounter powder I just pull my toes up more and I will atomaticlly adjust. But do I think it will bother you, well only you can anwser that. But since i have been skiboarding for 13 seasons and I started on the much smaller sun 83s, I learned how to ride all the pow and park on the same small boards. but now at this point of my life with the big boards and better bindings it all seems easy by comparison.
            live it, love it,rip it!!

Comment

Originally posted by winterparkrider View Post
              jack I think it is going to be personal prefrance on that. If I encounter hard pack in the set back its almost an atomatic responce I just shift my weight without thinking about it. and it the same for center when I encounter powder I just pull my toes up more and I will atomaticlly adjust. .. ..
              Great points Brett, and very important for understanding how setbacks vs center mount are dealt with on all skiboards and on the Condor in particular . . The most important thing is that as skiboarders we are very active in moving our weight front and back to deal with different conditions , no matter where the static location of our bindings are . I agree with you completely that the best position on the Condor for riding powder is a set back postion , and the best position for riding the Condor on firm snow ( and in the park ) is center mount. What I really like about the Condor is that if you happen to be set back and encounter firm snow conditons or if your board is set center and you encounter pow just by adjusting your body position on the board a bit you are fine and the Condor works very well and is very comfortable either way . I also agree that it is much easier to do this on a big board like the Condor , and much less tiring then riding the older smaller boards in variable conditions and pow .
              Boards :
              Boots
              Bindings:

Comment

Working...
              X