ATTN all Condor riders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN all Condor riders.

Yes I gave in to Shredfest II peer pressure and ordered the Condors. I have a question though. What bindings will you all be using on them. I have my releasables on my KTP's and a set of bombers so I might just throw the bombers on the Condors as I don't have releasables with wide enough brakes anyway to fit them. Just wondering.

Chad
    64 CM Bigfoot’s
    100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
    110 CM Rockered Condors
    130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Congrats on the Condors , Chad !
    If you want to use the Spruce pro primes on the Condors .. just contact Jeff and he will send you some heel bases for the bindings .. you just unscrew the brake assembly ( one screw) and attach the heel bases without the brakes and add a leash .. simple to reattach the brakes when you go back to the KTP ..
    the Condors match very well with the Spruce riser and I like them with the riser a lot .... the Spruce riser/binding set up adds some mass to the whole set up which makes for a bit of a smoother ride through broken crud.

Lately,however, I have been riding the Condors with my Bombers/ FF pros a lot , I like the lighter weight on my feet ., also like the flexibility of using my modified Telemark boots which will not work in the release set up . .. will be riding them exclusively with non releasers in the backcountry because of weight and because of the new touring set up I designed for the non releasers.

I think you can go either way .. the Condors match perfectly with either the Spruce release set up or the Bombers or FF pros ..
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Thanks Jack,

I have the heel pad with no brakes. I just seem to be too lazy to switch them while on the hill or at the car. If I ride both for the day I'll use the bombers on the Condors. If just rideing the Condors I will set them up at home w/o brakes on the Condors. Pretty lazy if I can't screw in 4 screws huh?

Chad
      64 CM Bigfoot’s
      100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
      110 CM Rockered Condors
      130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

I prefer using the releaseables on my Condors and using non-releaseables on everything else I own.
        Edward in NYC

Comment

Originally posted by CAN View Post
          Yes I gave in to Shredfest II peer pressure and ordered the Condors. I have a question though. What bindings will you all be using on them. I have my releasables on my KTP's and a set of bombers so I might just throw the bombers on the Condors as I don't have releasables with wide enough brakes anyway to fit them. Just wondering.

Chad
          Brand new black S810ti mounted to the Spruce Riser with leash just waiting to be mounted to those new Condors.
          sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by BrklynCarver View Post
            I prefer using the releaseables on my Condors and using non-releaseables on everything else I own.
            Ed,
            Is that because of the height or safety?
            sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Just jumped on the band wagon and got the condors too! i cant wait til they come in cuz here in CA we have some pow that i need to ride lol

Ill be riding them with my Bombers. Maybe ill get some releasables next year.
              10 Revel8 Condors
              08 Revel8 BWP w/ 08 Bomber's
              Line Five-0's w/ Snowjam Extreme II's
              Line Jedi's on the Skibike
              Line FF composite

Comment

I use older Bomber Elites with Purple bumpers on my Condors. I don't know how much the "softer" bumpers actually help, but so far I've had no problems with pressure points etc. I was sure I'd snap them a couple times at Jay last season, but they just flexed a lot and then kept going. I'll probably mount Elite 2's on them this season and do a comparison.
                RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                  Ed,
                  Is that because of the height or safety?
                  Not really, I just feel more comfortable using the releaseables with the Condors being wide and 110, with the added height the Spruce riser gives me. All my other 110 skibords, I use non-releaseables.
                  Edward in NYC

Comment

Working...
                  X