Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I took the plunge and ordered the Lady Women's model. Mondo 25. I don't have the measurement right now, but I have wide feet. I've worn them twice now. Got the liner hot air molded, and did all the stuff from this forum for getting the boot more upright....

Right now the boots fit great...as long as I leave the top buckle undone. I have changed the cable position so that is in its loosest setting, but that doesn't seem to help. I think that the cuff might just be too high. Buckling the top buckle somehow changes the position of my feet so much that the boot feels short and narrow. I do put on the power strap.

The lower buckles fit so well that as long as I tighten them properly, I don't miss the top buckle at all. They keep the ankles very secure... no side to side movement at all. Boots feel like a dream this way. I don't do tricks, so I don't think that I need the extra support, anyways.

Any comments on my setup? I'm still a noob, so I would welcome anything more experienced people would have to say.

Oh, yeah... and I just ordered a pair of TWP 98s with Spruce bindings. Should be here soon. I'M SO EXCITED!

Comment

If you had the liners hot air molded at a ski shop, I suggest going back to them and let them know your concern so they can correct it.

Note that another consideration is safety, not just comfort. Your boot needs to support your lower leg, ankle and foot adequately to minimize the opportunity for injury. Therefore it would be best to get your boots dialed in as they were intended to be used.
      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

I went with the larger of the two feet

Mondo -- 28.5
        US Size -- 10.5
        Width -- 104 mm
        Length -- 28.6 cm

I have an appointment on the 4th, for the custom fitting will drop you a note if they need heat molding

Comment

Thanks UpstatedNY. The table has been updated.
          sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

Originally posted by swallowevil View Post
            Dave, where did you go by chance to have them molded? Just wondering if it was a chain place or not cause I don't know of any places in the Twins Cities that do it.
            Not sure if you're still following this thread or interested.. but I know Summit Snowboard & Ski in Lake Elmo will mold Full Tilt liners for free. I talked to them today because my FT Lady's will be arriving today. I'm going to head over there tonight and get them molded. Here's their info if you're interested:

Summit Snowboard & Ski
            www.summitboardshop.com

9242 Hudson Boulevard North
            Lake Elmo, MN 55042-8700
            (651) 714-1117

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
              Not sure if you're still following this thread or interested.. but I know Summit Snowboard & Ski in Lake Elmo will mold Full Tilt liners for free. I talked to them today because my FT Lady's will be arriving today. I'm going to head over there tonight and get them molded. Here's their info if you're interested:

Summit Snowboard & Ski
              www.summitboardshop.com

9242 Hudson Boulevard North
              Lake Elmo, MN 55042-8700
              (651) 714-1117
              Weird, cause that's where I went first. The guys helping me must not have known anything cause I asked them about it and they said I'd have to take them somewhere else and they had no suggestions. I know the one guy said he just started but the other guy was supposed to be the resident expert on Full Tilts.
              08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

Originally posted by swallowevil View Post
                Weird, cause that's where I went first. The guys helping me must not have known anything cause I asked them about it and they said I'd have to take them somewhere else and they had no suggestions. I know the one guy said he just started but the other guy was supposed to be the resident expert on Full Tilts.
                That is really strange. I talked to two people on the phone and they all made it sound like it was no big deal and they could do it quickly and easily. I guess I'll let you know after tonight. I hope I don't go all the way there for nothing.

Comment

Mondo 29.5 full tilt booter
                  foot length 28.7 width 108 , liner heat molded in store.
                  Boards :
                  Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                  Boots
                  K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                  Bindings:
                  Zero Pro Non release Binding
                  Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                  Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                  Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                  Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Thanks Jack. I updated the table.
                    sigpic

Comment

Slow,

I bought Mondo size 28.5. My foot length is 25.8, width 10.0. I bought the FT Booter like Jack's.

Wendell
                      Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                      Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                      Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                      History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
                        Slow,

I bought Mondo size 28.5. My foot length is 25.8, width 10.0. I bought the FT Booter like Jack's.

Wendell
                        Wendell,

Should your foot length read 28.5 versus 25.8? I assume it is a typo. Please confirm.

BTW: I can hardly wait to see you and Jack in your new outfits that match your FT boots next year at Shredfest !
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                          Wendell,

Should your foot length read 28.5 versus 25.8? I assume it is a typo. Please confirm.

BTW: I can hardly wait to see you and Jack in your new outfits that match your FT boots next year at Shredfest !
                          Foot length is 25.8. I plan to wear my boot gloves to cover my new fruit boots.

Wendell
                          Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                          History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Foot length is 25.8. I plan to wear my boot gloves to cover my new fruit boots.

Wendell
                            Your feet are 2.7 cm (~1.0 inch) shorter than your boots! Are you sure?
                            sigpic

Comment

I plan to wear my boot gloves to cover my new fruit boots.
                              Wendell
                              I like the full tilts a lot. Even after the all the intense (for me) riding we did at shredfest, my feet felt great. As much as I admire and wish I could ride like Jack and Wendell, I'm glad I got mine when the all-black model was still available;-)

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                                Your feet are 2.7 cm (~1.0 inch) shorter than your boots! Are you sure?
                                Yes... I hardly touch the toes when I stand straight up. I tried Roberts 27.5 last year and couldn't fit them at all.

Wendell

Comment

Working...
                                X