Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got an opportunity to try on the Booters and High Fives yesterday, when I was shopping for new ski boots.

Although both models looked nice and felt very light and roomy, somehow they just didn't fit me. With both the Booter and High Five, I felt quite a bit of pressure on the protruding part of the bone that's just above the back part of one's inner foot arch. I don't know if molding the inside liner would've helped with the uncomfortable sensation. I ended up buying a pair of Dalbellos, which were a lot cheaper than the FT's, but seemed to fit my feet very well.

Comment

Originally posted by snowhow View Post
      I got an opportunity to try on the Booters and High Fives yesterday, when I was shopping for new ski boots.

Although both models looked nice and felt very light and roomy, somehow they just didn't fit me. With both the Booter and High Five, I felt quite a bit of pressure on the protruding part of the bone that's just above the back part of one's inner foot arch. I don't know if molding the inside liner would've helped with the uncomfortable sensation. I ended up buying a pair of Dalbellos, which were a lot cheaper than the FT's, but seemed to fit my feet very well.
      Im glad you found boots that fit better for you, but for anyone reading this there is a pretty good chance that the problem you encountered is easily fixed. If you take the liner out and run your hand over the area you had issues I think you will find some weird mold shapes that dont fit all feet. They didnt fit mine anyway. You can take a dremel tool, dentist drill whatever you have handy and just grind this area down. The plastic is quite thick in fulltilts just for this purpose. Remember a little grinding goes a long way, so dont get carried away. The boot shop will also do this for you, its a common practice. When I stop being lazy I will probably do a writeup on the procedure.
      www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
      DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
      Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
      GGO soft boot bindings
      Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

Originally posted by bee View Post
        Im glad you found boots that fit better for you, but for anyone reading this there is a pretty good chance that the problem you encountered is easily fixed. If you take the liner out and run your hand over the area you had issues I think you will find some weird mold shapes that dont fit all feet. They didnt fit mine anyway. You can take a dremel tool, dentist drill whatever you have handy and just grind this area down. The plastic is quite thick in fulltilts just for this purpose. Remember a little grinding goes a long way, so dont get carried away. The boot shop will also do this for you, its a common practice. When I stop being lazy I will probably do a writeup on the procedure.
        I'm sure you're right, bee. It must have been something with the shape of the outer shell that bit into my ankles. I just didn't want to risk buying the boots and not being sure whether or not the problem could be fixed.

Maybe some proper soles with good arch support could also help if a boot doesn't fi around the inner arch area, especially for people with flat fleet, .i.e. a very low or nonexistent inner arch. I don't have flat feet, but I was wondering if some extra support might have eased the pressure on my ankles with the FT's.

I guess my newbie strategy was to find ski boots that were the best possible with the least amount of tuning necessary. It would still be very interesting to read about the boot-grinding procedure.

Comment

No your right Snowhow finding the most comfortable boots with the least amount of modification is the best strategy. To me the full tilts were the most comfortable out of all the boots I tried that is why I chose them, not because they are easy to modify.
          www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
          DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
          Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
          GGO soft boot bindings
          Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

I moved up to the 28.5 shell and its snug but working great... best boot I have used in years. Christy Sports was totally cool about it and changed the shell with no questions asked.
            Groove "taxi" 88cm
            Canon "M7" 99cm
            Spruce "120" 120cm
            Hagan "Off Limits" 133cm
            Icelantic "Scout" 143cm
            Icelantic "Shaman" 161cm
            Armada "JP v Julien" 175cm

And over the years, so many others...

All current boards integrated and ridden with BLACK MONDAY Binding System.

Comment

I spent 6 hours at the boot fitter yesterday. Apparently my foot is very wide and has a high instep relative to the short length of my feet. Most boots that were short enough for my length were either too small in the width and/or instep. The fitter almost found a pair of Full Tilts that worked, but I ended up not having enough space after the liner was molded (foot was falling asleep).

I ended up with a pair of Fischer Vacuum Fits. With these, they heat the shell itself and mold that to your foot using compressed air. After the molding process they fit me tight, but with no pressure points. I haven't skied them yet, but it seems like they'll be great (light too). They're expensive ($750+), but its not too bad if you'd have to pay to have a cheaper boot modified for a decent fit.
              '12 DPS 112RP
              '11 Condors
              '07 soft ALPs

Comment

Originally posted by Casezilla View Post
                I spent 6 hours at the boot fitter yesterday. Apparently my foot is very wide and has a high instep relative to the short length of my feet. Most boots that were short enough for my length were either too small in the width and/or instep. The fitter almost found a pair of Full Tilts that worked, but I ended up not having enough space after the liner was molded (foot was falling asleep).

I ended up with a pair of Fischer Vacuum Fits. With these, they heat the shell itself and mold that to your foot using compressed air. After the molding process they fit me tight, but with no pressure points. I haven't skied them yet, but it seems like they'll be great (light too). They're expensive ($750+), but its not too bad if you'd have to pay to have a cheaper boot modified for a decent fit.
                OK... so now I am jealous. Light as you say. I tried a pair at our ski show and they fitted me real well out of the box.
                Crossbow (go to dream board)
                Most everything else over time.
                Go Android

Comment

Full Tilts.

Looking at buying a pair now as they have pushed into a 102mm Last. I am like slow I have a massively wide foot. Head boots were one of the only boots I could find that were comfortable. I am a true 44Euro (10us). But need a size 30.5 Mondo boot. 344mm? just to get into boots. I have a nice flat foot.

I actually found a shop close to me (3hrs). I will have to try some on. Shoes/boots are the one thing I cant trust online. Especially when they are 300-500 bucks. I am looking at getting the High Fives or even the booters if I have too. The 102 Last will be a requirement. Would love to fit into a pair of seth Morrisons.

http://fulltiltboots.com/ski-boots

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Originally posted by Manlenium View Post
                    Looking at buying a pair now as they have pushed into a 102mm Last. I am like slow I have a massively wide foot. Head boots were one of the only boots I could find that were comfortable. I am a true 44Euro (10us). But need a size 30.5 Mondo boot. 344mm? just to get into boots. I have a nice flat foot.

I actually found a shop close to me (3hrs). I will have to try some on. Shoes/boots are the one thing I cant trust online. Especially when they are 300-500 bucks. I am looking at getting the High Fives or even the booters if I have too. The 102 Last will be a requirement. Would love to fit into a pair of seth Morrisons.

http://fulltiltboots.com/ski-boots
                    Unfortunately you will not be able to fit into the Seth Morrison Pros, they have 99 last. Someone may be able to do alterations to the boots, and I would recommend trying on the boots in store and buying them online if you can find them cheaper in your size. Just a thought but the SMPs are pretty awesome.
                    Revel8 ALPdors
                    Gold Revel8 Receptors
                    Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                    ____
                    Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                    If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Tried some in store. No way was I getting into them(Seths) Bought a pair of 2010/2011 Bootors(102 lastmm). Good fit and was able to use my actually foot size. Looking to get them heat molded. The liners are amazing comfortable. Highly Recommend.

Shop around!!! picked them up for 250.00 shipped.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Hi
                        My feet length approximately 278 mm to 280 mm, width 102-104 mm
                        I would like to take B&E 99 mm, size 28 or 28.5
                        Do you think they will suit me?
                        I have quite a pronounced flatfoot on the left leg and a fairly low arch on both feet
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfire View Post
                          Hi
                          My feet length approximately 278 mm to 280 mm, width 102-104 mm
                          I would like to take B&E 99 mm, size 28 or 28.5
                          Do you think they will suit me?
                          I have quite a pronounced flatfoot on the left leg and a fairly low arch on both feet
                          Thanks!
                          My foot width and lengths are similar to yours and found that I needed to punch out the sides of the foot after one season once the liners compressed with use. I suggest going for a wider boot that will result in a more comfortable fit for many seasons.
                          sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                            My foot width and lengths are similar to yours and found that I needed to punch out the sides of the foot after one season once the liners compressed with use. I suggest going for a wider boot that will result in a more comfortable fit for many seasons.
                            At first it was convenient, and then later found out that they were narrow when riding?

Comment

The liners thin out with use. For me it took a season of riding to feel the hot spots on my feet.
                              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Reviving this thread for the season.

I just went to a ski/board shop a little further than where I live (just because it was on the way back from testing for a job). They carried Full Tilt boots among other things so I decided to give them a go in terms of fitting. Unfortunately, they didn't have my size (26.5) but I gained some valuable insight that I can hopefully share (Since I promised Slow that I would do so!)

My Feet Measurements
                                - Heel to Tip: 270mm
                                - Width: 105mm
                                - Circumference of Calves: 17 inches

I got sized in for a 26.5. I opted for the Influence Shell (102mm width) because it was the wider fit. The Original & Soul Shell comes in at 99mm. So with that in mind, I settled on either the Booter or the High Five. Like I stated earlier, they did not have my size 26.5 in stock (and only had the Booter) but I tried on the 27.5 to make sure the width was a good fit. I slipped my foot in (bear in mind that it's SOOOO EASY to put them on!) and the width was nice and snug. No pressure points. Not overtly tight. Just nice and snug. I'm sure with a bit of wear and tear, they'll stretch but I was also wearing thin ski socks. In the 27.5, my foot was just not long enough for the shell. Difference of 8mm made a lot of difference as my foot was sliding back and forth. Straps were nice and easy to use. Very different from regular ski boot straps and the tongue coming out was amazing! (I can't stop saying it!)

With that in mind, the fitter had me try on a few other boots (Salomon Quest Access 90, Salomon X-Pro 90/100, and the Atomic Live Fit 100). They all felt nice but the one that stood out was the Salomon X-Pro 90. However, I really liked the feel of the Full Tilt Booters. I've been waiting for people to reply about the difference between the High Five and the Booter fit. Until that point, I'm still debating what to do.

But just a little insight on the fitting process.
                                Riding: RVL8 '15 Rockered Condors
                                Bindings: RVL8 '15 Black Receptors | Tyrolia Attack 13 Release Bindings
                                Boots: Full Tilt '14 Booters - 27.5

Comment

Working...
                                X