This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
    Yes... I hardly touch the toes when I stand straight up. I tried Roberts 27.5 last year and couldn't fit them at all.

Wendell
    Thanks for clarifying.

Did you see who else got the FT bug?
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

At the beginning of the week I went to the ski shop and tried on some full tilt boots. They sized me as a 28.5, and had me trying on a 28. I could get into them, but after a couple minutes of wearing the boots my feet started to get a bit numb. Is this something that would be fixable by heat forming the liners, or should I try to go up one size (though I don't know that anywhere around here carries anything larger than a 28).

I thought it was a bit strange that they had sized me as a 28.5 given that I wear a size 12 or 13 shoe, depending on the width.

Comment

Originally posted by dis View Post
        At the beginning of the week I went to the ski shop and tried on some full tilt boots. They sized me as a 28.5, and had me trying on a 28. I could get into them, but after a couple minutes of wearing the boots my feet started to get a bit numb. Is this something that would be fixable by heat forming the liners, or should I try to go up one size (though I don't know that anywhere around here carries anything larger than a 28).

I thought it was a bit strange that they had sized me as a 28.5 given that I wear a size 12 or 13 shoe, depending on the width.
        dis,

Before I heat molded my boots (oven method), they were unbearable. The key is getting the right size shell, not just the right initial comfort level when buying a boot with a heat moldable liner. If the shell works, the liner will mold to the right shape when heated to securely hold your foot so you have no heel lift.

Check this out for more details on what to check for before taking the leap of faith by heat molding your boots:
        http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...t=boot+fitting
        sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

Originally posted by dis View Post

This doesn't sound right to me. I wear a 9 1/2 shoe and bought the 28.5. I think you should try to find a 28.5 to try on. I am suprised that your toe was not mashed into the front of the boot. I can wiggle my toes in my boots. Some people don't like that much room.

Wendell
          Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
          Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
          Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
          History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Good point Wendell.

Many people, including myself, wear larger street shoes because it is the easiest way to accommodate our wider than normal feet. As the chart on page one of this thread indicates, the larger the standard shoe size, the wider the shoe width.

This street shoe strategy is not always the best when buying ski boots. So be cautious not to buy a boot that will pack out the liner quickly because the shell is too big.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
              This doesn't sound right to me. I wear a 9 1/2 shoe and bought the 28.5. I think you should try to find a 28.5 to try on. I am suprised that your toe was not mashed into the front of the boot. I can wiggle my toes in my boots. Some people don't like that much room.

Wendell
              I could actually wiggle my toes around without any issues. The big issues were through my arches, and there was some pressure on the outside of one of my heels. I'm not sure how great a job the guy who was doing my fitting was doing. I asked about the boot, and he checked my foot size on their scale and went and grabbed the boot out of the back, then helped me get them on, but we didn't check that they fit without the liners or anything like that.

My current boots are a 30, but they were bought second hand with no knowledge of how they should fit, or any assistance in selecting them. Now that I've been riding in them for a season, and riding more aggressively, I'm realizing that they're too big as I can lift my heel up fairly easily.

Comment

wow, sure seems like FT is the way to go after reading this and many other threads on them. Very cool! Good info@
                C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Foot Length 28.0
                  Width 10.0
                  Full Tilt boot size Mondo 28.5
                  Model High Five
                  Fit race boot snug
                  Crossbow (go to dream board)
                  Most everything else over time.
                  Go Android

Comment

Thanks valmorel.

I updated the chart with your and Wendell's data.

I would say mine are also race boot snug. Gives excellent control, so I cannot blame my boots any more.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just joined the full tilt club
                      Picked up some high 5s and they scrounged up a flex 4 tongue from the back for me, its even brown identical colour.

foot: 28 and 28.2
                      Last about 99
                      low volume
                      extremely flat footed. fitter said i was top 10 most pronated for the season and i dont think he was joking.

I had custom insoles made which definitely helped, reduced arch pressure, and even a hot spot on the top of my foot for some reason.

My foot is rectangular shaped so even though im very narrow and low volume we ended up doing a little grinding and a heat mold on my right foot. Left foot hasnt been heated yet. (Ran out of time in the day probably will grind a little on that one as well)

Even with all the issues overall these are going to be the best fitting boots i have ever worn.

Oh and maybe its me but they dont seem that flexy. was expecting a little more freedom.
                      www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
                      DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
                      Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
                      GGO soft boot bindings
                      Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

Welcome to the club bee and thanks for the data.

BTW: What mondo size boot did you get?
                        sigpic

Comment

Whoops They are 28.5, they didnt have a 28 in stock, but the custom insole took up a lot of room.
                          www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
                          DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
                          Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
                          GGO soft boot bindings
                          Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

Thanks bee. I will update the chart in a day or two.
                            sigpic

Comment

Can this be a sticky thread G?

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                                Can this be a sticky thread G?
                                sure

Comment

Working...
                                X