• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks GOM.

Bill, I will weigh them tonight.
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Slow,

That's odd. The pair of FT's I have are lighter than any ski boot I've ever handled by a large margin. I wonder if different FT models weigh the same? Do you know how much yours weigh? I'll weigh mine tonight when I get home. I'll be careful not to use my "special" fish scales.

Bill
      I was mistaken Bill. My Konflict's are about .2 lbs lighter each than the 6.0 Performas I have been using the last number of seasons.
      http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...3245#post93245
      sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

my dimensions.... 27.3 long/ 104 wide before I got my boots heat molded, i thought i was gana have to sell them, and i was pissed cause they look so damn good. the top of my foot is so much higher than most peoples and it was painful to put the boot on. i went and got the boots heat molded professionally, and the result was fantastic. not only did it take away every pressure point i had, but it made the boot create a suction to my leg where, it hug my foots tight in every spot, without pressure points, and without letting my foot go numb.... i am very happy with the boots and would recomend them to anyone that wants new boots.
        facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Dave, where did you go by chance to have them molded? Just wondering if it was a chain place or not cause I don't know of any places in the Twins Cities that do it.
          08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

For those thinking of doing a home-molding job:

Last season, I had my FT liners professionally heat molded but still had a few areas of discomfort, mainly around the outside - middle of each foot (outside-middle being the precise, scientific term). Since our handy local shop went out of business last spring, I decided to try re-doing it myself and did so last night using a conventional kitchen oven and this recipe:

http://www.yyzcanuck.com/E_tech_cooking.htm

I fastened some spacers (Dr. Scoll's "moleskin") on the sore spots to create extra room in these areas prior to molding. It worked well. I think I'm done, the sore spots seem to have gone away. I'll know for sure when I get a chance to ride them.

Comment

wicks sporting goods, im pretty sure theres only one of them...
              facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Thanks for the data Dave. You have a 27.5 mondo, right?

Your experience is the same as mine. Wide foot, somewhat high instep, but the heat molding took care of it.

Bill, my experience is that the hot air molding is not as effective as the oven method. The process you used is nearly identical to what I have now used on two pairs of boots for myself and two pair for Maria. The most important thing to remember is the beer being close at hand while the boots are cooling on your feet.

Here is the method I used in our home oven:
                http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=8496
                sigpic

Comment

Bump,

As a reminder to those that I am still hoping can supply me with some foot and boot data.

Inch data is also fine and I will convert.

So far the data (the summary table in yellow is at the end of the first post of this thread) suggests those with a narrow or average foot width per the US sizing chart will fit the Full Tilts well without heat molding. Those with wide feet need to get heat molding to make them work. That is the benefit of the relatively thick Intuition heat moldable liners that drive up the cost/price of the FTs.
                  sigpic

Comment

My mondo is 27.5 and that is dead on for the length of my feet - perfect length.

My forefoot width is just over 112 mm. Thus, considered pretty wide for my length.

That explains why I had to fight with mine a lot to get them comfortable.

As far as width is concerned, they barely work for me and I have them opened up as wide as they will go.
                    Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
                    Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
                    Full Tilt Boots
                    Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Thanks FFA. I assume the liners were heat molded. Air or Oven?
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes ... had them molded at a shop. Then also had to do some more work to pack them out a bit more. I actually put on three pair of thick socks, cranked them down as tight as I could get them, then walked around in them in my house for about 1/2 hour. Comfy now but definitely no extra space in there.

Originally posted by slow View Post
                        Thanks FFA. I assume the liners were heat molded. Air or Oven?
                        Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
                        Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
                        Full Tilt Boots
                        Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
                          my dimensions.... 27.3 long/ 104 wide before I got my boots heat molded, i thought i was gana have to sell them, and i was pissed cause they look so damn good. the top of my foot is so much higher than most peoples and it was painful to put the boot on. i went and got the boots heat molded professionally, and the result was fantastic. not only did it take away every pressure point i had, but it made the boot create a suction to my leg where, it hug my foots tight in every spot, without pressure points, and without letting my foot go numb.... i am very happy with the boots and would recomend them to anyone that wants new boots.
                          *nod*

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Length - 28.7cm flat foot on floor
                            Width - 108mm flat foot on floor
                            average instep height
                            Size 29.0/US11 Full tilt booter

I do have a pressure piont above both inside ankle joints. I heated them myself, but have not been on the mountain yet. Will re- heat after a few hours.
                            -Ryan

Summit 110's w/ Releasable bind.
                            Full tilt Booter's

Comment

Thanks Ryan. I will update the chart tonight.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey, no problem. Ill add a bit if I re-mold or change anything.
                                -Ryan

Summit 110's w/ Releasable bind.
                                Full tilt Booter's

Comment

Working...
                                X