No announcement yet.

105's or 110's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome guys, I really appreciate all the input!

@slow: I plan on getting the Spruce Pro Prime Releasables no matter what board I get. I want to make sure that my knees are safe in the event of a crash. I know that the short length of ski boards reduces the chances of knee injury, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Also, I have tried your test and can balance on one foot with my eyes closed, but I kind of rock left to right a little.

@sempai: My brother rides a pair of BWP's and is in the park most of the time. I have considered them, but i just dont think they would be stable enough for me.

I think the four seasons center is now the US Cellular Center. LOL

@CAN: Thanks for your opinion. At this point I am leaning toward the ALP's for stability

@valmorel: Thats good to know. If the ALP is noticeably more stable, then I will go for that one

Again, I really do appreciate of the suggestions.

-Brad

Comment

Originally posted by BJE View Post
      @sempai: My brother rides a pair of BWP's and is in the park most of the time. I have considered them, but i just dont think they would be stable enough for me.

I think the four seasons center is now the US Cellular Center. LOL-Brad
      I have BWPs and ALPs, and I'm a huge fan of them both. You can't go wrong with either. I just figured while you're young you might want to take advantage of the BWPs' fun factor. If you are definitely going with releaseables, you'd be better off with the Revolts or ALPs. Releasables on sub 100 cm boards is silly in my book.

I know it's been the US Cellular Center for several years now, but back in "the day" it was the Four Seasons Center.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

In my opinion there is absolutely no difference in maneuverability between the 105 and 110. you can throw any skiboard around on the hill like its an ice skate, the ALP just give you exceptional stability and bite when your tearin into the side of the hill carving till your shoulder touches the ground or straitlining the steeps. just to make your choice a little easier..... Go ALP
        facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

At your height and weight Brad, and your style and what slopes you skiboard on along with room for progression.... and you are going with the pro prime's... I say the Alps.
          BUT... either board will do for you-really! My brother is 6ft and heavier than you and rode the Revolts after being on 90cm Snowjams for 5 yrs and swore he didn't need a different board... well he got hooked on the Revolts!
          Bottom line; Pick the board with the graphics you like best.
          if you are liking the graphics on a Revolt board better, then by all means get it; both boards will suit you perfectly. Pick the board you really like and go for it, you'll have no regrets; that Revolt is fast and stable, but so is the Alp just little bit more! Either board will truly suit you Brad!

As for the BWP, since your bro has a set, you can ride his anytime. But as Sempai said, it is a fun board with lots of 'umpf' to it! It's my favorite board and is great for those groomed slopes.
          C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

everyone keeps tellin him either will ALP work, but the kid ALP is havin a tough time deciding between ALP the two, you gata be ALP firm on your opinion, like a persuasive essay ALP
            facebook.com/dlynamr8

Comment

Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
              everyone keeps tellin him either will ALP work, but the kid ALP is havin a tough time deciding between ALP the two, you gata be ALP firm on your opinion, like a persuasive essay ALP
              Que? (ALP)
              skiboarding since 1996. salomon skiblade and 4x4 insert added ficher web XXL, summit custom woodies, line mnp, line jedis, summit marauders, revel8 revolts, spruce sherpa, and lacriox 125. my bindings are spruce risers, bomber elite bindings, ff pros, freeflex and cams.

Comment

its turettes
                facebook.com/dlynamr8

Comment

I say go with ALPs now that it is the first time that is actually correct to do so since Dave said that they were the right boards for him.

ALPDORS
                  Revel8 ALPdors
                  Gold Revel8 Receptors
                  Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                  ____
                  Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                  If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

discalimer....... if you dont like the alps, I take 1% of the responsibility
                    facebook.com/dlynamr8

Comment

All of these opinions are great guys!

I have decided on the ALPDORS. I like the graphics on the ALPDORS and Revolt Bullseyes the same, but I want that little extra bit of stability that the ALPs provide.

Now I just need to get a little more money...

Comment

Well guys, time to bring this thread back. Last night I ordered some 2009 ALPDORS and a bag from SBOL. I will get the Spruce Pro Primes after I get my boots. I was measured at a local ski shop and my mondo size was 26.5. It says on the website that for any size smaller than 270mm you have to do some sort of custom order thing. I plan on going to either Madison WI or Chicago this weekend to look for boots and get fitted properly. The shops around me dont have the greatest selection and if I am going to spend $400-$550 on boots, I want to get my moneys worth.

I cant wait for my boards to get here. Now it just needs to start snowing...

-Brad

Comment

That 270mm is sole length, not the Mondo size of the boot. 26.5's will have a sole length well over 270mm.
                          I do it because I can.
                          I can because I want to.
                          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                          '08 KTPs

Comment

Originally posted by BJE View Post
                            Well guys, time to bring this thread back. Last night I ordered some 2009 ALPDORS and a bag from SBOL. I will get the Spruce Pro Primes after I get my boots. I was measured at a local ski shop and my mondo size was 26.5. It says on the website that for any size smaller than 270mm you have to do some sort of custom order thing. I plan on going to either Madison WI or Chicago this weekend to look for boots and get fitted properly. The shops around me dont have the greatest selection and if I am going to spend $400-$550 on boots, I want to get my moneys worth.

I cant wait for my boards to get here. Now it just needs to start snowing...

-Brad
                            Don't worry, my granddaughter wears a 23.5 boot with a 272mm sole lengths

Comment

Originally posted by SkaFreak View Post
                              That 270mm is sole length, not the Mondo size of the boot. 26.5's will have a sole length well over 270mm.
                              Oh ok, that makes sense. I still need to get my boots though so its not a big deal.

I have few other questions about the Spruce Pro Prime Releasables.

1. How exactly do they mount to the boards. Does a screw go through the riser plate and the black spacer and into the boards or does it work some other way?

2. How easy are they to fine tune? I know that Spruce will mount and adjust them to the numbers I give them but each boot is a little different so I probably will have to adjust them.

Finally, has anyone heard anything about the Dalbello Surge, Salomon Shogun, Dalbello Krypton Kross, or Salomon Impact 8 CS?

Thanks

-Brad

Comment

BJE,

1. As you described and the correct length stainless steel screws will come with the risers.

2. Adjustments are easy and the risers will come with instructions.
                                sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Working...
                                X