leashes for godofmedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leashes for godofmedia

godofmedia asked me to give instrustions on how i made the leashes on my wifes boards. so here goes. first what you need is a piece of 3/32 coated cable. two 3/32 ferrule's, two 3/8 screw protectors and a metal spring clasp.
    this will do one leash.

take the cable and cut it to what ever length you want. add about 4 to 5 inchs
    to your desired leash length. then strip about two inches of coating on the clasp end.

next take one of the screw protectors and cut a small hole in the closed end.
    then slide it on the cable. then slide the ferrule on the cable.

next bend a loop in the cable. put the clasp in the in the loop and slide the end of the cable in the ferrule

next you will have to crimp the ferrule. i have a hydrulic crimper but you can crip it together with a bench vice. after that slide the screw protector over the crimped ferrule.

do the other side on your bindings the same way. sorry this was so long.

ecr,

Ha, love it. Most excellent post.
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

nice, i use brakes. thats sick though. if the world was ending and i had to use leashes, it would be those.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

i use airplane certified cable for that extra added security in my mind.

no no really, but you cant go wrong with braided cable.

someone make matt some of these so he doesn't have to chase his boards anymore
        you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

glad you guys like these. the parts for two leashes can be bought for about $9.00 btw.

Comment

Thanks man, these are great and look professional as hell (unlike my posts) I couldn't find all of these parts when I was trying to make my own last summer, maybe I will look into it again.
            Revel8 ALPdors
            Gold Revel8 Receptors
            Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
            ____
            Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
            If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Good stuffs.

Maybe I can find some spring coil or something and make my own coil leashes.

Hrm....trip to Home Depot tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
                Good stuffs.

Maybe I can find some spring coil or something and make my own coil leashes.

Hrm....trip to Home Depot tomorrow.
                That's what I was looking for but never found in 2 months of looking at regular hardware stores.
                Revel8 ALPdors
                Gold Revel8 Receptors
                Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                ____
                Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Duly noted

Google can find everything.

Comment

A possibility for coils would be the tethers from PWC's. I'm not sure how strong they are, but it may be worth looking into.

Or just wait until G gets more Pro Coils in.
                    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X