my wifes new mary janes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my wifes new mary janes

here is a couple pics of my wifes new boards she really likes the way they look. the alps are mine btw. she will not get to ride them untill this sat. i will let you know what she thinks.

What riser and binding system is that on the MJs?
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

sempi the riser binding system is one i made. the bindings are dyanstar/look exclusive. they are the same bindings as on the spruce jrs. the riser is a 1/4 inch thick piece of 6061 aluminum i cut and polished. i also milled some cavities out to take away some weight. the spacers are 5/8 inch thick derlin. the bindings are spaced corectly and the forward pressure is also correct. i had my local shop check everything as far as set up goes just to be safe.

Comment

That's cool that you have that ability. They look nice.
        Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

yep, looks like she'll enjoy her saterday
          you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

thanks a lot sempai i just wanted to give it a try. i really like the spruce system
            but i thought i would try to make a set. they are close to the same weight as to spruce set up also.

Comment

Originally posted by ecr View Post
              sempi the riser binding system is one i made. the bindings are dyanstar/look exclusive. they are the same bindings as on the spruce jrs. the riser is a 1/4 inch thick piece of 6061 aluminum i cut and polished. i also milled some cavities out to take away some weight. the spacers are 5/8 inch thick derlin. the bindings are spaced corectly and the forward pressure is also correct. i had my local shop check everything as far as set up goes just to be safe.
              ecr:

By spacers, do you mean the riser part is made out of 5/8" delrin? Would you mind posting some side-view pics? Is that light cable you used for leashes? It looks like you did some nice work on these.

BTW, I think your wife will like the Mary Janes a lot, my Fiance' is very fond of hers.

Bill

Comment

el slurpo, the derlin part is the piece between the aluminum and the board. the leashes i made with 3/32 plastic coated stainless cable. here are a few side pics. btw the aluminum is thick enough not to bend. also all of the weight is basicly on the derlin.

Comment

ecr:

Thanks for posting the pictures. I suspected that's what you used the delrin block for. That's a slick way you attatched the fasteners to the cable ends, it looks factory. Good job on these, let us know how they work out. A few other guys on the forum have made their own risers with good results.

Bill

Comment

you might wanna try to make that derlin a little softer at the edges, so there isn't such a sharp edge where it meets the board could cause problems if to much pressure is applied.

maybe put a radius on it
                    you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. If you have the equipment to do some basic machining just mill a fillet into it to kill the stress concentration a little bit. if you don't, take a sander or grinder and round it out a little bit by hand.
                      I do it because I can.
                      I can because I want to.
                      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                      '08 KTPs

Comment

ska i understand what you are saying, but i do not think it is needed. i do have a 1/8 inch rubber pad i am going to put under the derlin. the spruce riser also has flat edges on its nylon mounting base and i have not heard of any problems from them.

Comment

Originally posted by ecr View Post
                          thanks a lot sempai i just wanted to give it a try. i really like the spruce system
                          but i thought i would try to make a set. they are close to the same weight as to spruce set up also.
                          ecr,

Your binding setup looks great. Thanks for posting.

Wendell
                          Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                          Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                          Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                          History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Yeah, if you are putting rubber under then it won't be a problem at all. It is true that if you stress your boards enough to break them that the bindings should release first, but being a mechanical engineer I'm the type that will throw in any little thing I can to reduce stress concentrations. When you actually study how they work they can do some pretty interesting things that most people wouldn't realize.
                            I do it because I can.
                            I can because I want to.
                            I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                            '08 KTPs

Comment

Working...
                            X