Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy way to get non-release bindings on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy way to get non-release bindings on?

Hi, I just tried out my new Revolts today and loved them except for the bindings. It takes me about 5 minutes to put them on. I have the Groove X1. Do you have any ideas how i can get them on easier?
    P.S. I would also like to thank Greco for all your help. I wouldn't be on any if it wasn't for you.
    Thomas

Revolt Cities
    Spruce Pro Primes
    Groove x1

you'll get used to putting them on in time. I can do it pretty fast now.
    Revel8 Revolt 105cm Trees w/ Bomber Elite Bindings
    4FRNT TNKs w/ 4FRNT Deadbolt 12 Bindings

Comment

I know Bomber makes a fintec heel & receiver that lets you step-in to your non-release bindings... But I don't know of anyone that has used it.
      Dave | Elevendy

Comment

You've got leashes on your boards right? If you have it on the heel, you can do what I do.

Basically, I pull up on the leash, so that the heel is upward, and I push my boot back into it. Then I clamp it down. Takes less time than it took me to type that.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
        Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
        Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

How to put on nonreleaseable Skiboard Bindings from Skiboarders United on Vimeo.

Comment

Biggest problem with putting on fixed bindings is that the board slides all over the place, which makes it tough. Just take off your glove, and put the board down on top of it. Problem solved.......
            Crossbow (go to dream board)
            Most everything else over time.
            Go Android

Comment

I never have trouble with my board sliding, the only trouble I'll get is with my boots. The Raichle's have rubber heel and toe pads, and they grip to my bombers sometimes, so if I don't put my foot down pretty close to the heal, it's hard to slide it back.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
              Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
              Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

Yes i was talking to mark about this. my boards slide all over the place when i try to put em on. and the reason i have so much trouble is the heel bail. so my solutions

#1 = releasables!!! solid in place and they have brakes

#2 = Why doesn't someone make a non-moving solid heel bail???? yes it would take up a little extra room but they would be so much easier to get on!

Search & Win

Comment

Actually the old Canon Thais bindings had a little bit of a lip that the bails would sit on. You could push them past the lip to take up less space, but it worked nicely to get them on.
                  I do it because I can.
                  I can because I want to.
                  I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                  '08 KTPs

Comment

Its just a matter of practise: First Time it took me about 2 mins, now I'm at about 20 Seconds.

Its important to choose a flat spot to get in, or if flat is not available then put on board parallel to the gradient, get in, take the 2nd board and get in it parallel to the gradient.

or if you want to get into them in the middle of a black diamond, use your skiboots to build a terrace in the hillside and dont let the boards out of your hands until theyre firm on your feet

Comment

mine are pretty easy, insert toe, push down heel. clickkkkkkkk.

the px-12s are a bit more effort to get out of though

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Mark...you don't have them set all the way to 14 do you?...
                        Revel8 ALPdors
                        Gold Revel8 Receptors
                        Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                        ____
                        Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                        If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Originally posted by Godofmedia View Post
                          Mark...you don't have them set all the way to 14 do you?...
                          no, 10. they only go to 12

Comment

Awesome man, I love thos things. I am setting my heel release higher for Jay and for everything else, I was unhappy with some of the releases that I started to get.
                            Revel8 ALPdors
                            Gold Revel8 Receptors
                            Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                            ____
                            Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                            If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Originally posted by Godofmedia View Post
                              Awesome man, I love thos things. I am setting my heel release higher for Jay and for everything else, I was unhappy with some of the releases that I started to get.
                              this of course can't be official advice, but i find as you go bigger and bigger you need to turn the DIN up a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X