Suggestions on locking bare boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on locking bare boards?

Ok here is the problem ... I like to take a couple of boards with me out to the base lodge , I want to use my Spruce pro prime and trade off between boards... I usually want to take one longboard and one shortboard .. while I am riding one , how do I lock the bare board so no one walks off with it ???

One solution I thought of was to use a dummy snojam binding that I am not really going to ride with some allen wrench type machine screws ( most theives aren't carrying allen wrenches in their pocket , I guess ) to attach two of the screws to two of the inserts on the boards ( can't use all 4 screws on the 10x4 long board) , I can use some dummy screws on the other two screw holes on the snojam binding , then use a regular ski lock ... it would look like a drilled ski binding on the bare boards..

any other thoughts ?
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

You need two of those little extracting cable locks, the kind with the cable retracted inside and a combination to unlock them. Place the two boards without bindings top to base (nested). Extend one of the cables fully, and wrap tightly round the waist of the two boards, and close. This type of cable lock allows you to retract any slack back into itself before locking. Use the other cable lock to go thru the loops and lock the lot to street furniture. The wide tips prevent anyone being able to slide the boards out.
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Comment

thats a good idea. try to keep them out or site or maybe bring a bag. out of sight, out of mind. if someone wants to steal your stuff bad enough, they will.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
        You need two of those little extracting cable locks, the kind with the cable retracted inside and a combination to unlock them. Place the two boards without bindings top to base (nested). Extend one of the cables fully, and wrap tightly round the waist of the two boards, and close. This type of cable lock allows you to retract any slack back into itself before locking. Use the other cable lock to go thru the loops and lock the lot to street furniture. The wide tips prevent anyone being able to slide the boards out.

Thanks Valmorel , this is a great idea !!! ( I even have two locks , but never thought of using them this way )
        Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Zero Pro Non release Binding
        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

I have a lock I use for my snowboard that screws into one of the bsae holes. you put the cable lock through it and no one can get to the screw because the cable is in the way. I got them at a snowboard shop. you can buy extras of the piece that screws into your boards.

this post is kind of useless since I can't find a picture online to show you. If you're interested, I can take a pic and post it. I have only used mine once, but I still have the thing on my board and the cable lock in my bag. hehe
          ~harry

@HarrySiii
          -Skier turned snowboarder turned skiboarder
          -RVL8 2010 KTP, RVL8 Receptors
          -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro
          -Deeluxe 225 (FINALLY a boot I can wear!)

Comment

This season to lock up my boards I'm using a large (almost hand sized) combo locking carabiner big enough to snap over pole racks and a simple coil cable with loops at each end. Just thread the cable through the rear of bindings, loop through carabiner, snap over rack pole and roll combo lock. I found both the carabiner and coil cable (different lengths available) at the dollar store. It does a perfect job of locking up the boards to the rack, the combo lock is pretty glove friendly and total cost is a paltry 2 bucks.
            "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

I know at least a few staff members at every mountain I'm on. I just hand my crap to them, and they put it in their staff room.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
              Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
              Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

I usually bury my stuff in the snow; its pretty safe as long as the wrong person doesnt see you burying it^^

as for locks i dunno

Comment

Working...
                X