2009 Condors???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Condors???

A few of you have noticed the Revel8 2009 Condor 110cm skiboards were pulled off the site a couple of days ago. The reason is there was a manufacturing error we just found out about which precipitated us pulling them off. It turns out the new 2009 Condor graphic was mistakenly put on the Revolt 105 model instead of the Condor 110 model. What this means is the new Revolt 2009 "Condor" 105cm skiboards will be in stock by the end of November and the new 2009 Condor 110cm skiboards will not arrive until the end of December. We've contacted all the people who pre-ordered the Condor 110's and made arrangements to supply them with 2008 models to use for free until the 2009's are in.

G
    Last edited by Greco; 11-18-2008, 07:53 PM.

Originally posted by Greco View Post
    A few of you have noticed the Revel8 2009 Condor 110cm skiboards were pulled off the site a couple of days ago. The reason is there was a manufacturing error we just found out about which precipitated us pulling them off. It turns out the new 2009 Condor graphic was mistakenly put on the Revolt 105 model instead of the Condor 110 model. What this means is the new Revolt 2009 "Condor" 105cm skiboards will be in stock by the end of November and the new 2009 Condor 110cm skiboards will not arrive until the end of December. We've contacted all the people who pre-ordered the Condor 110's and made arrangements to supply them with 2008 models to use for free until the 2009's are in.

G
    whoaaaaa mad props to customer service there!!!! condor 105s are gunna be a collectors item

Comment

How does Brett feel about that. I definately want a pair of those I really like those graphics but don't really want the 110s.
      Mike Ponessa - Team Revel8

Do The Evolution

Comment

Too bad things did not go as planned.
        But what a great customer service response G, WTG!
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Take notes boys and girls. Greco's post is EXACTLY how you both do the right thing AND benefit from it. Step up to the plate, own the mistake, ensure your customer is not burdened in anyway (the owner of the mistake owns the burden) and a firm time frame to resolution.

Greco could have easily handled this in a more comfortable to SBOL way, gained more short term profit and gotten back to his "real" life. This is without a doubt his busiest time of year. The reverb from this type of decision is more than meets the eye. Time, energy, profit, syncing up with external providers, production line changes, ensuring that all happens in a way that meets standards, continuing to communicate with those affected, making sure it all happens at warp speed (warp speed costs more), etc.. That list goes on and on.

So, what's in it for him? Well, he gets to look in the mirror without flinching (although he won't like the bags under his eyes) and he just purchased something that money doesn't buy - loyalty.

Greco did not start this post. He did not do it for the applause. This apparently all happened behind the scenes and then one of "us" noticed and publicly raised the question precipitating the response.

You are looking at an honest, upright businessman in Greco.

Greco, you didn't ask for it but you have one customer standing and clapping. Please take a bow. BRAVO! Time for me to build a pyramid.
          Last edited by Greco; 11-18-2008, 10:37 PM.
          "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Thanks Vannon, Ty and Slow. I appreciate your kind words.

g

Comment

That is a sweet graphic for the Revolts (which I thought were lacking this year), so this would be a treat for anyone to pick up. I might have had to purchase these suckers instead of the Cities if something like this could have been anticipated.
              Revel8 Cities, Line FF Pro Bindings (orange)
              MNP's, Line FF Pro Bindings (blue)
              Line Weapons
              09 Line Anthems, Look px12 jib wb bindings
              06 Line Chronics, Salomon STH12 bindings
              sigpic
              "Leaving naysayers stumped like rainforests" - Sage Francis

Comment

Yeah I was getting a little freaked out when I last checked on the 09 Condors and couldn't find them. I'm glad to see I'll still be able to get them. The only problem now is the fact that I'd love a pair of those special Revolts too. Now I'll have to scrape together some more money. Oh well.
                RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

hey guys, I just saw this and I hope greco gets his money back for the mix up. And I am fine with my graphic being on 2 boards even if its a limited thing. I would actually like a pair if they come in. I would have to been an a$$ hole to get mad about a manufacture mess up. Besides greco spends alot of money on us as his riders and I dont think any of us are anything more than absolutly gratefule to him for the oppertunity he has handed to us as pros. without him I would be riding a delapitated pair of mnps. on another note I will get back into CO in 3 weeks so its back on the best skiboards on the market with my name printed on them. thanks to greco and all you guys who support him buy shopping at skiboardsonline and anyone who buys my boards u help make my dream come true.
                  live it, love it,rip it!!

Comment

Props ... I've never felt a need to be loyal to a business but Greco and SBOL are winning me over.

You have one more loyal customer here now.
                    Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
                    Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
                    Full Tilt Boots
                    Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForAir View Post
                      Props ... I've never felt a need to be loyal to a business but Greco and SBOL are winning me over.

You have one more loyal customer here now.
                      Yeah, G has a tendency to do that to people. It's what happens when you run into one of the few in this world who are more concerned about putting out a good product and running the business for the community rather than simply for personal gain. On that note, thanks again for that G. It truly is great having people like you around.
                      I do it because I can.
                      I can because I want to.
                      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                      '08 KTPs

Comment

Working...
                      X