a new look at the condors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks kx,

It's hard to believe that a place could be open all Summer.

Chad
    64 CM Bigfoot’s
    100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
    110 CM Rockered Condors
    130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Correct , timberline is where the summer riding is on the palmer snowfield , that is where I went July and Oct last season

http://www.sbol.ws/vbulletin/upload/...&threadid=5830

This is the web cam link , as you can see , plenty of snow up there now ..
      http://www.timberlinelodge.com/ski_r...ons_webcam.php

Here is the current conditions ( closed today because of adverse weather- ? wind )

http://www.timberlinelodge.com/ski_ride/conditions.php

Here is the ticket prices
      http://www.timberlinelodge.com/ski_ride/ticket_home.php
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Zero Pro Non release Binding
      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Thanks jjue,

You always have helpful info. for others and wonderful ride reviews. Can't wait to meet up with you in Tahoe. How do you have so much time to do all this? Are you a professional ski bum?

Chad
        64 CM Bigfoot’s
        110 CM Rockered Condors

Comment

Originally posted by CAN
          .... How do you have so much time to do all this? Are you a professional ski bum?

Chad
          No not a professional ski bum.... just addicted to the sport !!... unfortunately .. it does come with a cost ... my wife is constantly grousing about how I should spend less time skiboarding and thinking about skiboarding and more time doing chores around the house !!!! !
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Does your wife skiboard? It helped me by teaching my wife to skiboard too. Now we base some of our vacations around it. I don't go as fast or as steep as I used to but it is still a great time.

chad
            64 CM Bigfoot’s
            110 CM Rockered Condors

Comment

Originally posted by CAN
              Does your wife skiboard? It helped me by teaching my wife to skiboard too. Now we base some of our vacations around it. I don't go as fast or as steep as I used to but it is still a great time.

chad
              My wife is a skier and pretty good at it ( she used to be ski instructor ), I have offered to have her ride one of my skiboards but she is not interested , she likes her long skis
              and these days , she certainly is not as enthusiastic about it as I am !!!.. but then again , I am , way over the top nuts about skiboarding !!
              Boards :
              Boots
              Bindings:

Comment

My wife wants to "graduate" to longer skiboards 120 or more. I keep trying to convince her that the shorties are the best and there is no need to go longer. She is using Head 94's right now. I will have her use my KTP's and she will be hooked.
                64 CM Bigfoot’s
                110 CM Rockered Condors

Comment

Originally posted by jjue
                  Correct , timberline is where the summer riding is on the palmer snowfield , that is where I went July and Oct last season

now i looked at their trail map and it shows that the palmer snow field is all blacks is this true?
                  im not a great skier just an intermediate and i never tried skiboarding yet. just bought boards and want to try them out.
                  do you think timberline would be a good place for me.

my girlfriend would be going with me and she skis but is only like an intermediate could she go?
                  10 Revel8 Condors
                  08 Revel8 BWP w/ 08 Bomber's
                  Line Five-0's w/ Snowjam Extreme II's
                  Line Jedi's on the Skibike
                  Line FF composite

Comment

Originally posted by kx125rider1313
                    now i looked at their trail map and it shows that the palmer snow field is all blacks is this true?
                    im not a great skier just an intermediate and i never tried skiboarding yet. just bought boards and want to try them out.
                    do you think timberline would be a good place for me.

my girlfriend would be going with me and she skis but is only like an intermediate could she go?
                    kx, I think it is more like high blue ( just because of steepness at the beginning ) rather than black and it is groomed... if you have skiied at Sierra , I would say it is similar to the West Bowl runs off Sierra at Tahoe

Here is pic looking down the slope from the very top ( July 2007 ), , it is pretty good at giving you an idea of what the slope looks like and is pretty accurate as to the slope angle ..

Last edited by jjue; 05-15-2008, 07:55 AM.
                    Boards :
                    Boots
                    Bindings:

Comment

yea i saw that picture before and i thought to myself that it didnt look that steep for a black.

im really think about goin i have to try these things, they look like so much fun.

now is there any park terrain? like boxes/rails or jumps?
                      10 Revel8 Condors
                      Line FF composite

Comment

Originally posted by kx125rider1313
                        yea i saw that picture before and i thought to myself that it didnt look that steep for a black.

im really think about goin i have to try these things, they look like so much fun.

now is there any park terrain? like boxes/rails or jumps?
                        yes , they usually have a whole park set up to one side of the main run , with boxes and rails and jumps ., they run summer park camps up there also . .. you may wish to call before you go though .. when I was there .. they had had some big snowboard demo the week before and there was some huge jumps that were left over from the week before and there was no public park set up .. , so best to call and see if there is public park set up ( not just for summer camp participants ) if you go ..
                        Boards :
                        Boots
                        Bindings:

Comment

oh man i have to go now. skiing in the summer that is so cool

i thought i was gonna have to wait til november. not now!
                          10 Revel8 Condors
                          Line FF composite

Comment

I noticed ALOT of snow on the mountains in UTAH last night on American Idol when they were at little David Archuletta's home town of Utah... just filmed last week there. Alot of snow too!
                            C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Hey CAN, if you go up to oregon to timberline let me know cuz me and my girlfriend want to get in some summer skiing and i want to try out my new skiboards.

im looking to go in mid to late june.
                              10 Revel8 Condors
                              Line FF composite

Comment

Will do,

I don't know if the wife is convinced of going. She is in Summer mode already. Probably more of a dream on my part.

Chad
                                64 CM Bigfoot’s
                                110 CM Rockered Condors

Comment

Working...
                                X