Taming The Titanal 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taming The Titanal 110

I spent the last afternoon of my last trip trying different things with the set-up of the Lacroix 110 with a view to making it more user friendly for beginner/intermediate skiboarders. The intention was to extend the user group for this board, without impacting on overall performance.
    First I tried set-back. I was able to adjust the set-back incrementally up to 35mm, and though it made the board feel a bit different, I cant really say it was any easier to ride.
    Next I tried incrementally blunting the tips and tails, and I am pleased to say, this had a huge effect, making the board really quite easy to manage, and much more forgiving. For anyone interested in doing this, this is how to proceed:
    First, find the ends of the running length (the bit that actually sits on the snow). This is dead easy. Just hold the boards base against base, and put a little mark on the steel edges where they touch at each end, like this:

You can see the little black mark I have made on the steel edges.
    Next, using a file or grinding stone, blunt the edges a little either side of this mark. I found after experimentation that about an inch and a half in either direction was about right for these boards, but it is not too critical.
    This photo shows a thin black line which represents the end of the running base, and the two thicker strips of tape which represent the limits of the blunting.

So you blunt the area between the two thick tapes.
    It is important to only BLUNT the steel, do not round it right off, because as your skills improve, you might want to sharpen it again.
    It is no secret that this is a very advanced board, but by blunting the tips and tails a little like this, there is no reason why anyone should be afraid of it. If you have been thinking about a pair of these, also bear this in mind: just now the Euro is strengthening, and the Dollar is weakening. As these are made in Europe, they are almost sure to be more expensive next season, so they might just be a real bargain just now.
    Last edited by valmorel; 03-16-2008, 04:15 AM.
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

val, have you moved to another country?

you're like, riding loads this last few weeks!
    all the gear and relatively little idea.

riding condors

www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk

rectangle

Comment

Very clearly written Valmorel. That'll really help folks who buy the Titanals.
      IMHO Greco should make this a 'sticky' thread.
      Last edited by Greco; 03-16-2008, 12:13 PM.
      Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
      Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
      Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Originally posted by taimos
        val, have you moved to another country?

you're like, riding loads this last few weeks!
        Its all down to Ryanair and living 35mins away from Stansted Airport :-)
        Mind, I think you are off to Chamonix soon?
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

yeah in 2 weeks. was supposed to be there a week ago as well but father got a bit ill again.

cant waitttt
          all the gear and relatively little idea.

riding condors

www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk

rectangle

Comment

Working...
          X