Good but Comfortable Boots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good but Comfortable Boots!

I went skiboarding in the $120 salamons I bought at Dick's Sporting Goods. Wow the guy who sold them to me probably didn't know shit about boots.

Well long story short they were horrible, I have worn ski boots before (rentals) and the rentals felt alot better. These boots sucked and they were a bitch to wear all day. Whenever I went into the lodge for a break or a breather I had to take the off to aloow the blood to flow again.

Basically what I am asking is anyone know of some good comfortable boots? Price is really not a problem I rather not spend over 500 dollar for boots. Basically I am looking for comfortable boots. I wear between a 13-14, depending on the shoe/boot.

I just need some suggestions on good boots, I am still a noob in this side of things.
    "I may be big but Im fast"

I wear a size 13 boot, and I have a high instep. Salomans fit wide and tall. I am almost a "D" width.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

I wear 13 or 14 street shoes depending on the brand. I have Salomon boots which worked ok and SoftLight 3's which are my current weapons of choice
      Dave | Elevendy

Comment

I also wear a 13 street and I rented a pair of Nordica boots that fit great...now they are mine...lol
        Line Weapons with FF aluminum bindings ...

Originally posted by SkaFreak
        I hate it when I sarcasm all over the place like that.

Comment

I wear anything from 12-13 and have fairly wide feet. the most comfortable boots I found were hardshell snowboard boots, but had to switch over to some Dalbello Rampages because I've started using release bindings now that I have a pair of Sherpas.
          I do it because I can.
          I can because I want to.
          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
          '08 KTPs

Comment

Yeah, if you don't have releaseable bindings, alpine snowboard boots are the way to go IMO. I really like my 225's.
            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

dont listen to anty advice on forums, go see a proper boot fitter and have a pair fitted properly.
              Rockered Condors/Bomber Elite 2's
              Spruce 125LE's/Tyrolia attack 13 bindings

Comment

225's have a moldable liner. i've been using the deeluxe boots for years and they are the most comfortable boots i've ever worn and i used to have foot pain all the time with all different boots.

g

Comment

alright heres a quick low down, i had to take classes from company reps when i worked at the ski shop.

1) comfort comes first NOT PRICE

2) the ski boot should be EXACTLY what ur foot measures. if ur foot is a 9 (27) then buy a 27 MAYBE a 27.5, do not get boots bigger for "comfort" that is horribley bad.

since boots have hard shells they are molded for a basic foot design, so when u buy a boot to big ur foot wont sit in it right.

your toes ARE supposed to be touching the ends, with very little wiggle room. when boots are too big ur feet slide and u get black n blue nails and bruised toes.

your heal SHOULD NOT lift up when walking around in them, sign that boots are too big.

when u put ur boot on for the first time it should feel a bit over snug. lightly buckle the boot and squat down which will pull ur heel back into the pocket and toes away from the edge, (notice how boots are angled to give proper ski position)

DO NOT wear cotton sox. that is one of the worst things you can do. cotton absorbs moisture which freezes ur feet. if ur boot is too big and u wear cotton it will roll and craete blisters.

SOX arnt ment to keep ur feet super warm, they are ment to whick away moisture keeping them DRY. the boots padding will keep them warm.

so wear neoprene or smart wool sox.

comfort first then money,

a pair of 750$ boots that hurt will ruin ur day.

a pair of 200$ boots that make ur feet happy will make ur day happy.

in general:

salomon runs wider and flatter than most boots

dalbello are for average to slightly wider feet

technica are for think feet, and/or with a high instep

hope this helped u some.

-B
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Manlenium
                    I wear a size 13 boot, and I have a high instep. Salomans fit wide and tall. I am almost a "D" width.

You know not to make you look stupid or anything but "D" width is the common width for footwear. IF you had a wide foot you would be in the "W" or "E" range.
                    "I may be big but Im fast"

Comment

Originally posted by graeme
                      dont listen to anty advice on forums, go see a proper boot fitter and have a pair fitted properly.
                      You can get alot of information about boots on a forum. That is why professional boot reviewers (some of which are fitters) talk about more than just technical specs of the boots i.e. what boots are better for styles of riding, foot width, etc. You can go to a pro fitter to get proper size but more than half of them don't know how a boot will perform for skiboarding or freeskiing. If there is any advice that should't be listened to on the forum it is yours.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablodenieve
                        You can get alot of information about boots on a forum. That is why professional boot reviewers (some of which are fitters) talk about more than just technical specs of the boots i.e. what boots are better for styles of riding, foot width, etc. You can go to a pro fitter to get proper size but more than half of them don't know how a boot will perform for skiboarding or freeskiing. If there is any advice that should't be listened to on the forum it is yours.
                        anyone giving advice about what boots to buy without actually seeing the persons feet is 100% wrong. if you want boots go see a profesional bootfitter, be sized correctly, have your foot looked at for any problems, andf have the boots fitted to your feet. its not just a case of saying, oh you yhave narrow feet, i reccomend this boot. bootfitting is a hell of a lot more precise than that.
                        but if you fancy boarding with a little discomfort, without ever getting the best performance from your boots, by all means listen to the experts here.
                        Rockered Condors/Bomber Elite 2's
                        Spruce 125LE's/Tyrolia attack 13 bindings

Comment

Originally posted by graeme
                          anyone giving advice about what boots to buy without actually seeing the persons feet is 100% wrong. if you want boots go see a profesional bootfitter, be sized correctly, have your foot looked at for any problems, andf have the boots fitted to your feet. its not just a case of saying, oh you yhave narrow feet, i reccomend this boot. bootfitting is a hell of a lot more precise than that.
                          but if you fancy boarding with a little discomfort, without ever getting the best performance from your boots, by all means listen to the experts here.
                          Anyone who buys a boot without getting fitted or trying a boot on runs a serious risk of getting an ill fitting boot. However, that has nothing to do with getting advice about what boots are good for narrow feet versus wide feet or which boots have a more upright stance or better flex. I don't have to be an expert to tell some one with an E-EE width foot that they want to avoid a 98mm last or that the SPK, Kaos, and sprayer have softer flex at the cuff and are padded on the shin to prevent shin bang in the park. I got measured and fitted by a professional boot fitter and still paid another $250 to get the boots adjusted to just the way I wanted them. To say people should disregard any recommendations on this forum is IGNORANT.

Comment

If you are trying a pair of boots, wear them for at least a half hour in the store. Take your time and make sure they are comfortable. This is the minimum time I would wear them before buying.
                            Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                            Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                            Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                            History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

I found that nordica boots are really comfortable. I found a very lightly used pair that fit me for only $35 online! I love them, have spent 2 full days wearing them on the slopes and have had no problems.
                              Revel8 Revolt 105cm Trees w/ Bomber Elite Bindings
                              4FRNT TNKs w/ 4FRNT Deadbolt 12 Bindings

Comment

Working...
                              X