First Pics of the Sherpa 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Pics of the Sherpa 130

My buddy , Wendell (Wjeong) who posts over on Skiboards.com bought a brand new Sherpa after demoing my prototype and posted some pictures of his new Sherpa over there alongside his Spruce 120 . I think the graphics turned out pretty nice !
    Congrats Jeff and G for getting this concept board finally out on the market !!

http://skiboards.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=2191
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

sweet pics ...does he post over here, cuz if he doesn't you should def get him to post up his review of them.

Comment

links to the dark side !

just kidding. sb.com sells their boards on ebay now... *sigh*

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

[i]

just kidding. sb.com sells their boards on ebay now... *sigh* [/B]
        They've had that "Superstore" for some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark
          links to the dark side !

just kidding. sb.com sells their boards on ebay now... *sigh*

LOL Mark! , Actually wendell has caused a bit of stir with Remington II , if you check out the thread , who feels Wendell has "overstepped the boundaries by promoting a competitor's product " by showing pictures of the Sherpa , now that SBOL is the exclusive supplier of Spruce products .. !

One of the real cool things about G , is that he has been very open about allowing all of us to discuss the pros and cons of any and all skiboarding products , whoever makes them and has not in any way tried to censor or block our posts or links , which I really appreciate !
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Discussion should be open. If you have to be concerned about a competitor's products, it should tell you something about your own. Either your competitors board fills a niche that your boards don't work as well for, or your boards are lower quality. In the case of the boards on skiboards.com, there are a few boards that fall into each category. I too would like to thank you G for allowing open discussion of everything. In all honesty, I bet G takes a careful look anytime any boards are discussed to see if he can get any ideas on how to make improvements or ideas for new boards.
            I do it because I can.
            I can because I want to.
            I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
            '08 KTPs

Comment

Originally posted by jjue
              LOL Mark! , Actually wendell has caused a bit of stir with Remington II , if you check out the thread , who feels Wendell has "overstepped the boundaries by promoting a competitor's product " by showing pictures of the Sherpa , now that SBOL is the exclusive supplier of Spruce products .. !

One of the real cool things about G , is that he has been very open about allowing all of us to discuss the pros and cons of any and all skiboarding products , whoever makes them and has not in any way tried to censor or block our posts or links , which I really appreciate !
              i saw that...it seems like remington II is a very big sb.com supporter. I noticed before he pretty much called greco an idiot for making a 105cm skiboard????....crazy and now he is trying to moderate what models of skiboards are discussed on the forums....maybe a bit on the controlling side.

Comment

Maybe it's just the way he happened to stack the boards, but it kinda looks like the Sherpa is longer in the tail than the 120. Wouldn't that be the opposite of what you want in a pair of powder boards?

Yeah I read all the posts in that thread and was surprised to see rem's post. SBOL and Skiboards.com each represent two different philosophies within the skiboarding community, and though they are competitors, I think they cater to different types of people. Having said that, there is definitely a grey area there, and obviously there are people like Jack who are involved in both "sides." Summit boards have been discussed and even praised on this forum along with the Bluemoris/Strictly boards, so I see no reason why R8 or Spruce boards shouldn't be discussed on the skiboards.com forum. At this point I doubt that either company/site is going to drive the other out of business, so rem's insecurity is rather moot imho.
                RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1
                  Maybe it's just the way he happened to stack the boards, but it kinda looks like the Sherpa is longer in the tail than the 120. Wouldn't that be the opposite of what you want in a pair of powder boards?
                  One thing to remember is that the Sherpa 130 is an assymetric shaped board with bigger tips than tails as opposed to the Spruce 120 that is a symmetric board . The tips are 160 compared to 145 in the tails . So if there is more tail , a rider center mounted on the inserts may actually be center mounted float wise . Not sure though , maybe Jeff will help us out ...
                  Boards :
                  Boots
                  Bindings:

Comment

the thing i like about skiboarding is that its chilled, cant stand any of this debating arguing about whats better.

people causing trouble on forums need to go get a hobby, or go otu and actually do some skiboarding rather than bitching at thier computer.

my 0.02
                    all the gear and relatively little idea.

riding condors

www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk

rectangle

Comment

The sidecut on the Sherpas in those pictures looks so exaggerated and I love it.

I wouldn't have even found SBOL had I not been on the forums at skiboards.com. I was asking about my atomic skiblades and whether it was worth it to switch something like Summits or some other brand. Someone on there mentioned something about Revel8 and because I'd never heard of it, I searched and found this site and never looked back. I liked the graphics on the EMPs ten times better than the Customs. Anyway, at that time I guess discussion was a little more open.

Dan
                      Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

Looks like Doc went ahead and deleted my buddy's Wendell's post on the Sherpa .... !

Glad there is one forum that still allows open discussion of products from other manufacturers ..

Thanks , G. !
                        Boards :
                        Boots
                        Bindings:

Comment

It used to be a lot more open in discussion over there. Things have certainly changed this season. Its as if a DARK influence has appeared. Now who might that be.....................................
                          Crossbow (go to dream board)
                          Most everything else over time.
                          Go Android

Comment

That's sad. Open discussions have been instrumental in keeping this sport alive.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue

Greco doesn't censor our posts because he doesn't need to... customer service and products on here speak for themselves...

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Working...
                              X