No announcement yet.

First Pics of the Sherpa 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hence why I rarely posts there, it's one thing to promote your product, it's another to not allow others to voice opinions such as bad reviews and other products out there. It's such a small core of companies, we all need to support each other and ensure the sport will grow.
    Edward in NYC

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm registered. I didn't want to use multiple forums, but it looks like I have no other choice if I want my discussions to be free from censorship.

Wendell
      Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
      Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
      Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
      History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Welcome aboard! From the sounds of it, many others may be jumping ship.

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong
          Hi everyone,

I'm registered. I didn't want to use multiple forums, but it looks like I have no other choice if I want my discussions to be free from censorship.

Wendell
          welcome aboard i too from time to time read up and enjoy on your guys opinions and reviews of the boards you have and the binding set up discussions on the other forum, but that is too bad that it has to end that way with them. we all have the same goal in skiboarding,to have fun,learn and help one another. this forum is great and i'm sure you know that already, you've done your surfing here before welcome again W! btw, this weekend is the time i'll try out my Spruce 120, can't wait!!
          08' Spruce Sherpa 130/Pro-lite (STILL THE ONE)
          08/09 Dalbello Krypton Rampage

Comment

It would be nice if Wendell posted those comparison pics on this forum.
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai
              It would be nice if Wendell posted those comparison pics on this forum.
              Here's the first.

here you go wendell...

g
              Last edited by Greco; 02-18-2008, 07:20 PM.
              Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
              History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

I don't know. Those things just look huge to me. It's taken me a while to get used to the size of the 120s. To go even longer and wider just seems insane to me. They've got to be hard to skate on? It's not easy skating with the 120s. All the videos I've seen of people using the Sherpas they are all using poles with them. Are they just so big that poles are a necessity? I've been very impressed with Spruce boards. Though the size scares me a bit, I'm drawn to the Sherpas.
                Boards/Bindings:
                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Sempai , they ARE HUGE ! and they are more difficult to get around then 120's and certainly the smaller boards , they take more effort to get going and turn then the smaller boards , but once you get them up to speed they become much easier to turn and control . Skafreak and Vacticdart and Valmorel , ride them poleless and skate them .. . I ride them with poles to get around and then put the poles into one hand while carving . For me the rewards out weigh the decrease in manuverability and difficulty getting around in the ability to get performance that totally matches any ski or snowboard everywhere on the mountain , and they remain much more manuverable than long skis for me . But it certainly is a spectrum on the manuverabilty issue as we go up in lengths . My favorite boards right now at the resort (as opposed to the backcountry) are the KTP 101 , the Spruce 120 and the Sherpa 130 . I am riding the KTP always without poles , , mostly the 120 , I ride without poles now , and the Sherpa I always have them in hand but sometimes both in one hand !
                  Last edited by jjue; 02-19-2008, 06:52 PM.
                  Boards :
                  Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                  Boots
                  K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                  Bindings:
                  Zero Pro Non release Binding
                  Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                  Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                  Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                  Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by sempai
                    I don't know. Those things just look huge to me. It's taken me a while to get used to the size of the 120s. To go even longer and wider just seems insane to me. They've got to be hard to skate on? It's not easy skating with the 120s. All the videos I've seen of people using the Sherpas they are all using poles with them. Are they just so big that poles are a necessity? I've been very impressed with Spruce boards. Though the size scares me a bit, I'm drawn to the Sherpas.
                    Sempai,

I am the original one hand pole rider. I hate the lift line madness if I don't have the poles. The flat cat tracks also really exhaust me without poles, but the Sherpas move in the flats much better than the symetrical boards. I think the asysmetrical design and width makes them coast much easier. I can't skate these monsters at all. Once I get them moving though they really respond.

Wendell

Comment

Yay - more nor-cal people!

hitting up Kirkwood this weekend - lets get some others going!
                      Dave | Elevendy

Comment

Yeah Dave , we really do need to meet up sometime ... this weekend I will be headed out to the backcountry ... but it would be great to hook up with you some time ..
                        Wendell ( Wjeong ) and I usually ride out of Sugarbowl as his cabin is up on the highway 80 side .. maybe we can get together a nor cal skiboard get together sometime , anyone else from the nor cal area ??
                        ps your designs on the Revel 8 boards are really sweet .. nice work !!!

Jack
                        Boards :
                        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                        Boots
                        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                        Bindings:
                        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Originally posted by dcox20
                          Yay - more nor-cal people!

hitting up Kirkwood this weekend - lets get some others going!
                          You did the Revel8 designs? Great job.

Wendell

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong
                            Sempai,

I am the original one hand pole rider. I hate the lift line madness if I don't have the poles. The flat cat tracks also really exhaust me without poles, but the Sherpas move in the flats much better than the symetrical boards. I think the asysmetrical design and width makes them coast much easier. I can't skate these monsters at all. Once I get them moving though they really respond.

Wendell
                            As an aging ex skier , and now longboard skiboarder. , my first teacher was Wendell . He tought me how I could use my poles to save my legs in lift lines and getting around and then hold them in one hand to get them out of the way while skiiboarding , This to avoid me going to the BAR too early for a tall one after wearing out my legs skating around .
                            Here I am using Wendell's one hand pole technique .

Boards :
                            Boots
                            Bindings:

Comment

But lately I have been taking secret lessons from this Valmorel dude .. He is a few years my senior yet rides in impeccable style yet skates around all day long and all week long all over the Swiss Alps and never seems to tire out!! There are major top secret techniques I have learned under Valmorel's tutelage that allow us REALLY , REALLY OLD dudes to skiboard longboards poleless without breaking a sweat ... but I have been sworn to secrecy on pain of death .. so I am not about to reveal these secrets here !!

Here is Master Valmorel at work , a few years ago when his skiboards were a bit shorter !

Boards :
                              Boots
                              Bindings:

Comment

Originally posted by jjue
                                As an aging ex skier , and now longboard skiboarder. , my first teacher was Wendell . He tought me how I could use my poles to save my legs in lift lines and getting around and then hold them in one hand to get them out of the way while skiiboarding , This to avoid me going to the BAR too early for a tall one after wearing out my legs skating around .
                                Here I am using Wendell's one hand pole technique .

Jack,
                                Cool shots! I can't believe it's the same carve angle in both pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X