Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line Skiboard Recall

Hey guys,

It's been a long time since I posted on here as I'm on longer sticks these days but I still read the forum from time to time and like to keep up with what's going on.

Just thought you'd be interested to know that Line issued a product recall for all this season's skiboards due to screw retension problems on the binding!! (serves the bastards right for going all cheap and tacky on us!). Anyway, just a bit of news I thought would give you guys some pleasure.

Is this the end of the Line (!) for Line skiboards? Wouldn't surprise me.

Peace
    Rich

Wow very interesting. I see this going one of two ways. Like you mentioned that Line could be done with Skiboards, or they will change the bindings they use. They might stay 8hole, but maybe go with something a little stronger or even switch back to the correct 4x4 bindings. Who knows, my guess is they will be done.
    Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

hey rich,

thanks for the info. very interesting.

hey didn't you use to have a skiboarding forum back in the day. if it was you and i remember correctly it was really a good one with a lot of pro riders posting.

g

Comment

supposedly Line is bringing back the weapon next season, so I doubt they are done with skiboards. Maybe this will be a wake up call with 8-hole bindings and they'll start using inserts.

Comment

I don't know I think I stand by the LAME shirt enurshia made, i just read their history the only said the word "skiboard" 1 freaking time on like a whole 2 pages worth of history

bas***ds how can they just ignore the fact that they pretty much single handily invented the skiboard
          you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

no comment.
            Attached Files

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

I wouldent stand by the LAME concept eather Thow the did pretty much invent the sport of skiboarding they suck for switching I have Line 5-0 and love them I am also trying to get my hands on a pair of line weapons if they do make them in the weapons in the future and they had 4X4 binding incerts i would buy them in a heat beat. Wats is so frigin wrong with them that they cant just do both
              Last edited by David Johnson; 02-28-2007, 04:37 PM.

Comment

if they do both thats awesome but they should do it right if their going to
                you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

it might take a year or two, but if they bring back the weapon, they are atleast willing to change up some things.

Comment

I think if they came back in to the skiboarding industry and became a compeatitive seller it would be great. But the first thing they should do is apoliges
                    hey thisisjon were did you hear they were gona make weapons again JW

Comment

I emailed Jason, and then called and talked with someone at line. The said it sounded like a great idea and would try to put something together.

Comment

Thats impressive i realy hope they do they were such a good company and wat a better way to come back than with a the weapons keep us updated if you find out any more

Comment

Will do. Its amazing how just being assertive can change things, rather than just sitting and complaining.

Comment

Yup. You can't accomplish anything until you do something first.

Comment

In their day the weapons were really cool.

however they're still skinny and have smaller tips and tails then today's skiboards.

also, the grind plate groove was only partially useful, as most rails are square with the exception of handrails,

and i don't know about you but most people i know with snowblades don't hit handrails...

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Working...
                              X