New Softboot Bindings for Skiboards, with a "Twist"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shortydude View Post

I assume that setup (because of the releasable bindings) could be setup on Sherpas. Would you still use a riser with AT binding?
    The Sherpa cannot be direct drilled safely for AT bindings . You would need a custom AT binding riser designed by Jeff Singer.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

I just received a box from Uncle Greco. I got the risers and Snowboard bindings on my skiboards after poking with them for a bit. Both arrows on the speed disks point to the middle between the skis. Turn the key after pulling it up to adjust the angle. The head logos go on the outside of the left and right ski.

So comments for ya. Please make a video or use some pictures to explain setup. The binding straps use split ring lock washers and lock nuts...? Is there a good reason for the split washers? I think they will tear up the straps. I think I will replace them with flat washers unless there is a good reason not to. I have a piece of sticky felt. What is that for?

I included pictures of the quick release open and closed, and what they look like on my admittedly some what beat up sticky ickies. Feel free to use the pictures

So I will now buy a snowboard and snowboard boots. I am going to have Aspen Ski and Board adjust the bindings to the snowboard, but I will probably be on my own with skiboards as I know one other person in Ohio who wears them regularly.

Any thoughts in boots? I am thinking of anything with double boa straps, but I need to see if they will play well with the bindings.

I think this warrants a trip to Colorado in a few months.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jenn_eris View Post
        I just received a box from Uncle Greco. I got the risers and Snowboard bindings on my skiboards after poking with them for a bit. Both arrows on the speed disks point to the middle between the skis. Turn the key after pulling it up to adjust the angle. The head logos go on the outside of the left and right ski.

So comments for ya. Please make a video or use some pictures to explain setup. The binding straps use split ring lock washers and lock nuts...? Is there a good reason for the split washers? I think they will tear up the straps. I think I will replace them with flat washers unless there is a good reason not to. I have a piece of sticky felt. What is that for?

I included pictures of the quick release open and closed, and what they look like on my admittedly some what beat up sticky ickies. Feel free to use the pictures

So I will now buy a snowboard and snowboard boots. I am going to have Aspen Ski and Board adjust the bindings to the snowboard, but I will probably be on my own with skiboards as I know one other person in Ohio who wears them regularly.

Any thoughts in boots? I am thinking of anything with double boa straps, but I need to see if they will play well with the bindings.

I think this warrants a trip to Colorado in a few months.
        You did a great job, everything looks correct. Double BOA boots should work fine. You have the new, redesigned RVL8 wings that were made with BOA dials in mind. As for the washer it's a lock washer and here is a description of why it was used. (and the nut has a nylon insert to also prevent loosening). I've been selling them like this for almost 10 years with no issues:

"Lock washers work by preventing the rotational movement of the installed bolt. Nuts are often used for this purpose as well. When placed on the end of a bolt, a nut can protect it from loosening. The problem with nuts is that they are susceptible to vibrations. When exposed to vibrations, a nut may loosen. If a nut loosens too much, it may fail to secure the bolt in the workpiece’s threaded hole. With a lock washer, however, the bolt won’t come out. A lock washer will “lock” the bolt in the workpiece’s threaded hole."

Comment

These look pretty awesome Greco! Any interest in letting me try out a demo pair so I can review them on my YouTube Channel?

Comment

Working...
          X