New 2022 RVL8 Skiboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2022 RVL8 Skiboards

Hey all, another ton of work but I'm proud to make available the new 2022 RVL8 skiboards for pre-order. I hope you enjoy them and are excited as me to be back next season after a crazy one last year. I also hope you're all healthy and doing well considering what we've been through.
    Best, Greco

Click image for larger version  Name:	RVL8-2022-Skiboards.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.24 MB ID:	263827
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-RVL8-Rockered-Skiboards-1920.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	760.7 KB
ID:	263831
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Greco; 07-09-2021, 10:01 PM.

They all look great, personally I'm very intrigued by the "Playmaker"s ! Tell us more ! How would they compare to the regular Condors ? Just got a pair of those last winter, but I might like these more

btw, are the specs right ? Running length of 88cm sounds a bit long given the rocker they have ... also wonder about the 880 turning radius, they look to be longish XLs, they must turn shorter than that ...
    Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
    Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
    Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Nice line up! Greco, I also wonder how the stiffness of the Playmaker will compare to the regular Condor and to the KTP? Perhaps I am wrong but the KTP always has seemed to me the stiffest of the RVL8 boards. Ps I am very happy that the new run of the regular Condor has the 3cm set back inserts for the Spruce riser. My current favorite all around board is riding the regular Condor with a set back. That is a also a great option for riding both in firm snow and pow but of course the new set back is only for Spruce risers and not for 4 x4 like the Playmaker.
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Zero Pro Non release Binding
      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Oh damn, those look good this year! Want the new Spliffs, should have done a better job of trashing out my old Spliffs last season, but I'd be proud to ride any of those boards.

I might need those Playmakers. They look badass. I don't have any fully rockered boards yet, and more nose rocker, a little shorter and fatter PLUS extra stiffness seems right up my alley. Sounds like great in pow and crud, and able to handle some drops.

They look a fair bit heavier than the Spliffs... thicker core to stiffen them up I presume? Not that weight is much of a factor on skiboards.
        BOARDSLAYER
        Base / Edge Destruction X X X
        Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2011 View Post
          They all look great, personally I'm very intrigued by the "Playmaker"s ! Tell us more ! How would they compare to the regular Condors ? Just got a pair of those last winter, but I might like these more

btw, are the specs right ? Running length of 88cm sounds a bit long given the rocker they have ... also wonder about the 880 turning radius, they look to be longish XLs, they must turn shorter than that ...
          The regular condors have camber, no rocker and are relatively flexible compared to the very stiff Playmakers. Running length is kinda difficult to nail down with rockered boards but I believe it's correct but will double check.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
            Nice line up! Greco, I also wonder how the stiffness of the Playmaker will compare to the regular Condor and to the KTP? Perhaps I am wrong but the KTP always has seemed to me the stiffest of the RVL8 boards. Ps I am very happy that the new run of the regular Condor has the 3cm set back inserts for the Spruce riser. My current favorite all around board is riding the regular Condor with a set back. That is a also a great option for riding both in firm snow and pow but of course the new set back is only for Spruce risers and not for 4 x4 like the Playmaker.
            Thanks Jack. The Playmaker is as stiff if not a bit more stiff than the KTP (which, yes, was the stiffest RVL8 board). The Condor is pretty flexible compared to the PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeps View Post
              Oh damn, those look good this year! Want the new Spliffs, should have done a better job of trashing out my old Spliffs last season, but I'd be proud to ride any of those boards.

I might need those Playmakers. They look badass. I don't have any fully rockered boards yet, and more nose rocker, a little shorter and fatter PLUS extra stiffness seems right up my alley. Sounds like great in pow and crud, and able to handle some drops.

They look a fair bit heavier than the Spliffs... thicker core to stiffen them up I presume? Not that weight is much of a factor on skiboards.
              That's correct, the majority of the stiffness is achieved with a thicker core.

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
                Running length is kinda difficult to nail down with rockered boards but I believe it's correct but will double check.
                I'm comparing with other specs, looks like one should deduct twice the rocker from the board's length, and then some, to get to the running length. XLs with rocker over 220mm get to 34cm out of 100, Spliffs with rocker over 100 (tip only) get to 67 out of 109. The Playmakers have rocker over 200mm, tip and tail, so I would imagine the running length should not exceed 67cm just from rocker considerations, before deducting whatever else is usually deducted. As it stands at 88cm they have the same running length as the DLPs that have no rocker at all ... Maybe I've misunderstood something, but this 88cm doesn't seem to match the pattern of the rest of specs, thank you for taking a second look into it

Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
                Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
                Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

It turns out there were many running lengths that needed to be corrected. the formula is the center section plus the rockered sections. the spec chart has been updated. thank you!

https://www.skiboardsonline.com/brds.html

- Rockered Condor: Running Length should be 88 not 51

- Spliff: Running Length should be 87 not 67

- Sticky icky Icky Running length should be 82 not 66

- Blunt XL Running Length should be 78 not 34

- Blunt Running Length should be 66 not 60

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
                    the formula is the center section plus the rockered sections. the spec chart has been updated. thank you!
                    Oh, I see, the short lengths got me thinking they might be footprint values, thanks for the clarification and for sorting the specs out !

Comment

One more thought regarding the ratings: I find it a good idea to use .5 decimals, like you did for the Playmaker, otherwise it's more difficult to make apparent some differences between boards.
                      For instance, take powder rating for some boards: DLP - 8; Spliff 8; Condors 9, RCs - 10; Given the extra width and rocker compared to the DLPs, I'm thinking Spliffs would be more of a 8.5, right ? And again, with 2cm extra over the whole length vs DLPs, with +1cm vs Spliffs, the regular Condors could be 9.x, maybe 9.5, closer to the RCs, isn't it ?

Comment

Thank you. I've implemented your suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey, so I though I'd got the name wrong on the Playmakers, couldn't figure out why I wanted to call them the 'Playermakers' - until I looked at the graphics at the top of this thread again. Early mock-up in those pictures? A bit too lazy to do the pre-order tonight, but I'm gonna get me a pair this season.

I'm trying to get my head around how the stiffness will affect the ride; I'm a light rider (160 lbs) but yeah you know the style... I feel like stiff would be a good thing, and the extra float will be good on the biggest powder days. Don't have much basis for comparison as I haven't ridden a fully rockered board before. I guess I'm hoping the bigger rocker, wider footprint and stiffer board will make them more forgiving when taking drops into powder. I took it pretty easy on drops last season but would like a little more confidence with cliffs when the conditions are good.
                          BOARDSLAYER
                          Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Hey, so I though I'd got the name wrong on the Playmakers, couldn't figure out why I wanted to call them the 'Playermakers' - until I looked at the graphics at the top of this thread again. Early mock-up in those pictures? A bit too lazy to do the pre-order tonight, but I'm gonna get me a pair this season.

I'm trying to get my head around how the stiffness will affect the ride; I'm a light rider (160 lbs) but yeah you know the style... I feel like stiff would be a good thing, and the extra float will be good on the biggest powder days. Don't have much basis for comparison as I haven't ridden a fully rockered board before. I guess I'm hoping the bigger rocker, wider footprint and stiffer board will make them more forgiving when taking drops into powder. I took it pretty easy on drops last season but would like a little more confidence with cliffs when the conditions are good.
                            Ha, you noticed. Yeah the picture above has the name incorrect, it's since been fixed everywhere else.
                            What do you mean the Spliffs weren't forgiving enough dropping a cliff into powder? Meaning they flexed too much on the landing? If that's the case then yes, the Playmakers will definitely provide more support on the landings.

Comment

Oh, the Spliffs have never let me down on drops into powder... but my biggest concern on upping my drop game is sinking the tips and tomahawking off the landing. More rocker means less chance of doing so, which means more confidence to take bigger drops. I'm always blown away by how well Spliffs handle chopped-up and inconsistent powder, and I don't ever worry about letting them rip in and out of pow. Doubt that I'll ever progress to anything bigger than a 20 ft cliff drop in any case (getting too old for that!), but consistently sticking 15 - 20 footers in good conditions would be sweet. I hold myself back from hitting things I'm not sure I can stick cleanly, as I'm a pretty conservative rider.

The season I rode Red Mountain, I had some good days hitting drops with my DLPs (non-powder landings) and was impressed how well they stuck the landings. I think the DLPs are a fair bit stiffer than Spliffs - correct me if I'm wrong - so stiffness plus a big rocker sounds like a real win for riding out drops.

ADDITION - Just found this post from 2020 in another thread:

I love the DLPs enough to wish for a snow drought to ride them.... well, almost. I'm even warming up to the new graphics; I think of them as the Thundercats. I'm using Receptors, so I set them back as far as the bindings will allow. Haven't been able to use the setback inserts on the new ones.

After a couple of days on the DLPs, my Spliffs feel too soft in the tails in similar conditions. If I could have a Spliff rockered nose with a stiff DLP tail on the same board, I'd be a happy man.
                              BOARDSLAYER
                              Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Working...
                              X