Rear-entry boots making a comeback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gromit View Post

I've posted a review thread on the Nordica HF110 Rear-Entry ski boots in the "Gear Reviews" section of the forum.

I bought a pair of the boots after seeing them in ysb33r's first post, in this thread.

I found that my own, Mondo 26.5 size boot is 1.83kg/boot.
    So the 1.76kg/boot is likely to be the weight of the Mondo 25.5 (25-25.5 shell size) boot or even the smaller, Mondo 24-24.5 shell size?
    That is pretty light. A 28 might just be lighter than my new Fischer Ranger boots.
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
      That rivet has the liner attached to it. That's the only purpose. Yes. It's hard to believe that Atomic did this considering the 2020 boot does not have the rivet and is removable . Good news is that the Superfeet foot beds really firmed up the boot around my toes. I skied them very comfortably all day today. I could ski this boot like my other pairs. These boots are pretty good if you can dial in the fit. I think Atomic did a good design that's going to appeal to a lot of skiers. When you get off the slopes, you can hit the single buckle release and walk much easier.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
      Spent 2 more days on them riding powder. They are fine. I do notice that it is very easy to ski them too loose. I can tighten them through my pant cuffs without lifting them up.

Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
      Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
      Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
      History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

I'd like to see soft boots like Kneissle Rails make a comeback. I switched from the Kneissle soft boots to some levelnine Head I -Type mid entry boots with an auto locking/unlocking walk mode that controls whether or not the sole is allowed to pivot at the ball of the foot. I could be tempted by some rear entry AT boots with a walk mode. Some day I'll probably go for a set of Apex boots if I ever find the right pair at the right time.

Comment

Spent 2 more days on them riding powder. They are fine. I do notice that it is very easy to ski them too loose. I can tighten them through my pant cuffs without lifting them up.

I tried on my Tecnica Agent 110 boots today. After using the Atomics, they suck really bad to get on and off. I'm putting them on Craigslist for free.

Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
          History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Glad these boots are coming around for you!

Comment

Originally posted by mag View Post
              Glad these boots are coming around for you!
              I replaced the Superfeet green foot beds with new Patriot free ride foot beds. The fit now is about as good as it's going to get. These boots are working fine now. Skied them all day today without any issues. They are a really comfortable boot. A four buckle boot is definitely better for performance, but these are better for just cruising. Walking is also much easier. Looks like Atomic decided not to continue this boot. I couldn't find a 2022 model on the internet.

Sent from my J5-W using Tapatalk

Comment

I replaced the Superfeet green foot beds with new Patriot free ride foot beds. The fit now is about as good as it's going to get. These boots are working fine now. Skied them all day today without any issues. They are a really comfortable boot. A four buckle boot is definitely better for performance, but these are better for just cruising. Walking is also much easier. Looks like Atomic decided not to continue this boot. I couldn't find a 2022 model on the internet.

I found a problem today with these boots. I took a fall on an icy mogul run. When I clicked back in the binding, I had zero edge control and took another tumble. Even on a shallow incline I had no control. I thought my riser had come loose. The way the boot is designed, the closure button will cause the boot to open if you hit land on the side of the boot in a fall. This is a game changer. I don't recommend this boot.

Comment

Working...
                X