Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mag View Post
    2 things:
    I believe they come with a sole insert to adjust the volume. To get the liner out is possible, but it's a lot of work. (there's a plastic thing to twist & align first)

Good luck w/ the new boots. Just skied on them this past weekend, and the comfort is still there.

Mike

By any chance, did they come with extra standard din toe pieces?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
    Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
    Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
    History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

sorry, not sure what you mean by that.

(oh, and my 2nd point from my previous post was that I bought an extra sole insert to take up a bit more volume than what came w/ the boot. That made it fit perfect.)

Mike

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
      By any chance, did they come with extra standard din toe pieces?

Comment

sorry, not sure what you mean by that.

(oh, and my 2nd point from my previous post was that I bought an extra sole insert to take up a bit more volume than what came w/ the boot. That made it fit perfect.)

Mike

I received a sole insert with the boots. My liner doesn't come out. It's riveted in. Does your liner come out or did you put it on top of the insole? The boot is very light and seems fairly stiff. It didn't come with gripwalk soles.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
        History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

I received a sole insert with the boots. My liner doesn't come out. It's riveted in. Does your liner come out or did you put it on top of the insole? The boot is very light and seems fairly stiff. It didn't come with gripwalk soles.

My liner definitely comes out. I can't imagine they'd make a boot with a liner that is stuck in place. I've attached a pic (from a website) here to show where that plastic piece is you rotate 90 degrees to release the liner. If you have that, and the boot is loose from the rear shell, then it's just a matter of using gorilla strength to get it out.

Loosen it all the way up, and push the liner in the direction of the toe (from the rear to the front) while pulling slightly upward.

My last piece of advice is to contact the store that sold it to you, or contact Atomic.

When I got the boot, I was convinced the liner couldn't be removed, so I contacted the online ski store. The guy on the phone walked to their stock, pulled one out, and did it right there. I actually called him back twice saying mine doesn't come out. . . "you must be doing something differently than me!". LOL
          Attached Files

Comment

My liner definitely comes out. I can't imagine they'd make a boot with a liner that is stuck in place. I've attached a pic (from a website) here to show where that plastic piece is you rotate 90 degrees to release the liner. If you have that, and the boot is loose from the rear shell, then it's just a matter of using gorilla strength to get it out.

Loosen it all the way up, and push the liner in the direction of the toe (from the rear to the front) while pulling slightly upward.

My last piece of advice is to contact the store that sold it to you, or contact Atomic.

When I got the boot, I was convinced the liner couldn't be removed, so I contacted the online ski store. The guy on the phone walked to their stock, pulled one out, and did it right there. I actually called him back twice saying mine doesn't come out. . . "you must be doing something differently than me!". LOL
            I think mine is different. Here are photos. You can see the rivet on the side also. This is a 2021 model.

Comment

Bummer. Here's a pic of mine.

I'd still reach out to Atomic or a ski shop to confirm.

Mike

I think mine is different. Here are photos. You can see the rivet on the side also. This is a 2021 model.

Attached Files

Comment

Bummer. Here's a pic of mine.

I'd still reach out to Atomic or a ski shop to confirm.

Mike

Called Atomic. The 2021 models don't have removable liners.

Comment

Called Atomic. The 2021 models don't have removable liners.

That's a bit of a let down. I hope the boots still work for you.
                  Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                  Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                  Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
                    That's a bit of a let down. I hope the boots still work for you.
                    I went out today. 10 inches of powder with a firm base underneath. These boots are light to walk in and very comfortable. Because of the roomy toe box, they took a bit getting used to skiing. Last is 104. I need to put in the footbed to tighten them around my toes. The liners seemed to pack out really quickly. There are no hot spots unlike all the 4 buckle boots I've owned. They are plenty stiff, but I had to get used to turning from my cuff instead of my feet. I'm used to turning using pressure on the balls of my feet. So much so that in moguls, I often get cramps in my feet. I couldn't ski like I do in my other boots with so much play in my toes. They are also very upright. I had to consciously lean forward. Otherwise, I felt like I was on my heels. These aren't bad boots. Way better than the Alpinas. I need the make the foot bed adjustment. My buddy that owns these boots skied with me today. His are 2020 models. The liners are removable. He said he's got more room and needs to put in foot beds too. I think if one has really wide feet and can't fit anything, these are worth trying. If one loves really tight stiff boots, these are not for you. If you snowboard and are used to turning with your cuffs, you may really like these.

Comment

I went out today. 10 inches of powder with a firm base underneath. These boots are light to walk in and very comfortable. Because of the roomy toe box, they took a bit getting used to skiing. Last is 104. I need to put in the footbed to tighten them around my toes. The liners seemed to pack out really quickly. There are no hot spots unlike all the 4 buckle boots I've owned. They are plenty stiff, but I had to get used to turning from my cuff instead of my feet. I'm used to turning using pressure on the balls of my feet. So much so that in moguls, I often get cramps in my feet. I couldn't ski like I do in my other boots with so much play in my toes. They are also very upright. I had to consciously lean forward. Otherwise, I felt like I was on my heels. These aren't bad boots. Way better than the Alpinas. I need the make the foot bed adjustment. My buddy that owns these boots skied with me today. His are 2020 models. The liners are removable. He said he's got more room and needs to put in foot beds too. I think if one has really wide feet and can't fit anything, these are worth trying. If one loves really tight stiff boots, these are not for you. If you snowboard and are used to turning with your cuffs, you may really like these.

The only drawback to not having removable that I can think of is that you need to use a boot dryer if they get wet. They stayed dry today.

Comment

The only drawback to not having removable that I can think of is that you need to use a boot dryer if they get wet. They stayed dry today.

Got home from my trip and put a pair of Superfeet greens that I had in the boots. I think this is going to do the trick. Heels on the Superfeet are almost 1/4" thick so I have a little more forward lean now. It's more of what I'm used to. The boot is now very snug against the top of my foot. Heels barely move. The fit is now like my other boots. Width was not affected and is great. More to come when I can get out again.

Comment

Wendel, I just don't believe these liners are not removable. They look essentially like the Salomon SX7s that I had (vintage from eBay). You posted a pic of the back of the boot which shows, near the top, a vertical bar, then a horizontal bar, then another vertical. To take the liner out, twist the horizontal middle bar vertical and push it into the boot. Reverse the procedure when you put the liner back. I could be wrong, but it sure looks exactly the same as my vintage pair.
                          Crossbow (go to dream board)
                          Most everything else over time.
                          Go Android

Comment

Maybe the side rivett prevents it though.
                            Crossbow (go to dream board)
                            Most everything else over time.
                            Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                              Maybe the side rivett prevents it though.
                              That rivet has the liner attached to it. That's the only purpose. Yes. It's hard to believe that Atomic did this considering the 2020 boot does not have the rivet and is removable . Good news is that the Superfeet foot beds really firmed up the boot around my toes. I skied them very comfortably all day today. I could ski this boot like my other pairs. These boots are pretty good if you can dial in the fit. I think Atomic did a good design that's going to appeal to a lot of skiers. When you get off the slopes, you can hit the single buckle release and walk much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
                                And the Nordica is ~1.76kg/boot.
                                I've posted a review thread on the Nordica HF110 Rear-Entry ski boots in the "Gear Reviews" section of the forum.

I bought a pair of the boots after seeing them in ysb33r's first post, in this thread.

I found that my own, Mondo 26.5 size boot is 1.83kg/boot.
                                So the 1.76kg/boot is likely to be the weight of the Mondo 25.5 (25-25.5 shell size) boot or even the smaller, Mondo 24-24.5 shell size?
                                Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
                                Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
                                Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Working...
                                X