Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RVL8 Rumspringa (103cm) vs. KTP (101cm) vs. Blunt XL (100cm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RVL8 Rumspringa (103cm) vs. KTP (101cm) vs. Blunt XL (100cm)

Hey everyone! It has been forever since I posted. I'm back to skiboarding, and I think I'm looking to add one more pair to my quiver.

I'm currently on Summit ZR 88 cm Twin Tips, and I picked up a super old pair of the BWP 98cms to play around with this season. I'm just thinking I need one more...

("need" lol)

I'm 5' tall, 130lbs, and an out of shape intermediate skiboarder. Mostly I'm on groomed runs, since I'm teaching my 5 year old, but I'll be introducing him more to the park this year and maybe some deeper powder if the opportunity arises. I'm also planning on getting out with friends / without the 5 year old in tow, so I might decide to expand a little more (but still no more than blues, let's not get excited).

I'm in the PNW so that's my climate. I'd also like to have one more board for me to ride, so I can loan out the older stuff to friends / family when we ski together.

So, the $100 question....RVL8 Rumspringa (103cm) vs. KTP (101cm) vs. Blunt XL (100cm) ? I've stared at them too long and can't make up my mind. I'm leaning toward the Rumspringa, especially for just going fast down groomed / resort runs. Thoughts?

Originally posted by yosemitegirl View Post
    especially for just going fast down groomed / resort runs.
    I would look at the Rumspringa or the sticky Icky Icky for what you want to do. They are both on the narrow side so you'll be able to make quick edge to edge carves. The wider, stiffer KTP wouldn't be ideal for someone your size and the BluntXL is designed primarily for powder and soft snow so it won't hold an edge on hard pack as well as a traditional cambered board.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you considered the slightly longer Spruce Crossbows?
      Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
      Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
      Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

My wife is of similar specs and finds the sticky icky icky the perfect all round Skiboards for her. You should give them serious consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

I would say the rumspringas , with them being a bit thinner and easier to carve.
          I think when you build the ski muscles , the stiffness of the KTP’s along with the added width would be good for the groomer runs.
          But if you get fresh pow the XL’s are definitely the preferred choice .. hopefully all the info helps

Sent from Tom via TapATalk

Comment

+1 for the Rumspringa for a good reason : in a few years when you'll want to put your child on skiboards it would be (in my opinion) the best young kids board, because of the narrow width, easier to put on edge. By that time you'll outgrow them anyway, but you'll know what you would fancy for yourself, given your better skills.
            Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
            Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
            Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2011 View Post
              +1 for the Rumspringa for a good reason : in a few years when you'll want to put your child on skiboards it would be (in my opinion) the best young kids board, because of the narrow width, easier to put on edge. By that time you'll outgrow them anyway, but you'll know what you would fancy for yourself, given your better skills.
              Good point but it's for this reason I would recommend the stickies. The slight rocker of the stickies as opposed to the full camber of the Rumspringa will make it less likely they will catch an edge or tip in to crud/stashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
                Good point but it's for this reason I would recommend the stickies. The slight rocker of the stickies as opposed to the full camber of the Rumspringa will make it less likely they will catch an edge or tip in to crud/stashes.
                You're right, but I was thinking of what could get the kid earlier on skiboards. Judging by the selection table, my understanding is for a lower weight and height one would need narrower boards.

I mean a growing kid would first get to the point of being tall/heavy enough to ride the Rumspringa, but it would take some more time ( to add height & weight ) before he/she could ride the SII - because of their larger width.

Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
                Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
                Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

The narrow width would make it easier however the reduced camber (5cm as opposed to 7cm) and slight rocker of the SII would be more beneficial in my option as the SII are still relatively narrow at 13/10.6/13

Comment

Working...
                  X