Monkey backpack vs boot bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkey backpack vs boot bag

Monkey bag backpack vs standard boot bag backpack?

After seeing some of the posts on Facebook the other day regarding the monkey bag backpack, the pics have me intrigued...

I like my boot bag(fits boots, helmet, clothes, goggles,etc)but looking at the monkey bag backpack just seems a lot more versatile than the standard boot bag

I like the option of being able to throw a pair of boards on it and go, if I’m just running up the mountain quick after work and don’t want to take all the boards with me.

Thoughts?
    Skis/Skiboards:
    2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
    2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
    2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
    2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
    20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
    2012 Salomon SPK 90
    2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
    2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

It’s the best money you’ll spend bro! Great capacity, and the ease of carrying everything and having your hands free. The best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Monkey bag and a high capacity Avalon boot bag. There is a lot of crossover between the two bags, with the best choice coming down to specifically what you are using the bag for. I like that my boot bag has separate pockets for each boot, my helmet/gloves/mask/goggles.layers and a place for valuables, but you have to carry your boards separately. The Monkey bag allows you to strap your boards and boots to the outside of the bag, but makes it somewhat bulky and awkward to move around. As I am usually driving to the resort and using my ski rack for my skiboards, I tent to use my boot bag for my boots and gear. I especially like keeping my boots warm in the bag prior to use, then isolating them after use when they are dirty and wet. I use the Monkey bag as a mid sized back pack, but not for skis and boots.
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

My biggest criticism of the Monkey backpack is that it does not have a hip belt. Besides that it is a pack with great features.

(Unfortunately some of the stitching on the webbing at the back has come undone on mine. I wanted to discuss that with Greco whilst in Tahoe, but forgot).

Sent from my Mi Note 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
        Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
        Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
          My biggest criticism of the Monkey backpack is that it does not have a hip belt. Besides that it is a pack with great features.

(Unfortunately some of the stitching on the webbing at the back has come undone on mine. I wanted to discuss that with Greco whilst in Tahoe, but forgot).

Sent from my Mi Note 10 Pro using Tapatalk
          Mine have waist straps... ? Or a strap across the front, at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the concept, but I find it rather unwieldy when you want to put it down. When loaded up, it works, but it is a handful. I generally like using a boot bag, and a separate ski bag. I think this well suited for back county skiing. I can fit everything in one bag that I need for a ski trip, however it would not be good for airline use. I don’t use this as much as the Sbol long ski bag or the padded monkey bag as they are easier to pack and I can throw them in my car. With the backpack, I need to be concerned with what my skis and boots will tear up, and what will tear up my skis.

Comment

Working...
            X