Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiboard Touring Gear Thread!

Post your Skiboard Touring Gear!

Spliffs, with Spruce Risers and Salomon 610s, Secura-Fix and Black Daimond Skins. Had to make my own tip clips, used some heavy gauge electrical wire.

Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Your pictures are all broken :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DreGarciaTAT2 View Post
      Your pictures are all broken :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Pictures display perfectly when the post is viewed on the web browser but not on Tapatalk app. This happens often if you post images then edit the post within the web browser. Just changing a word for example causes the images to all break on the Tapatalk version of the post but not when the post is viewed on the web version of the forum

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Zero Pro Non release Binding
      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Nice job , Roussel! The idea of using a touring adapter to click in to standard downhill bindings has been around for a long time. Check out this link for a modern version of the secure a fix and also a video of how it works. I have used this but the height of the touring adapter on top of the downhill binding on top of spruce riser just makes me feel like I am too high off the board especially on touring traverses. It does work fine on going straight up a hill without having to do traverses.

​​​​​​https://www.daymakertouring.com/prod...uring-adapters
        Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

I have used a whole slew of different touring solutions for skiboards . My current ones with pictures are in this thread.
          https://forums.skiboardsonline.com/f...country-review
          Boards :
          Boots
          Bindings:

Comment

The stack height is a bit of a pain on the traverses true. I use this set up for touring the meadows behind whistler mostly. When I go into more alpine stuff on blackcomb I use k2 pinnacles with marker dukes. I think if I invest in a full skiboard backcountry set up I would want to direct mount something over 120cm and asymmetrical. Hard to find skins that fit well on skiboards also. Especially on the rvl8 tips.

Was thinking of getting the day makers and then found the secura fix for 15$ at a thrift shop.

I've used the fritchi explore bindings on some bandits but found the rear has too much twist play. Granted they were about 15 years old.
            Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

So... there's a big touring scene out here and I've been thinking about the best way to get proper AT bindings on a pair of skiboards. I'd like to go with something lightweight, with separate toe and heel pieces, instead of the frame-type bindings that move with the boot. There's a lot of nifty setups here, but I've been thinking lately about using the Receptor binding system for mounting bindings.

Essentially, this would require a couple of machined aluminum pieces to replace the regular toe and heel bail-holders (i.e. the pieces that mount to the base plate). Something similar to those aluminum pieces, with the same screw-mount system, but large enough and shaped correctly to drill and tap for mounting screws on your binding of choice. They'd be a picky piece of machining, as they'd need to match the tooth pattern on the bottom plate.

Other than being a bit of a difficult machine job, I think this would work. Thoughts?
              BOARDSLAYER
              Base / Edge Destruction X X X
              Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

I think your idea would work well. I remember at one of the Shredfest s, Bill showed us a prototype of exactly that kind of set up albeit with standard release binding toe and heel pieces on special toe and heel pieces on a receptor base. If he sees this maybe he can share pictures and details

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
                Boots
                Bindings:

Comment

Cool! I'd like to see that.

I suppose HDPE pucks might work in a pinch, as they could be embossed with a hot Receptor to get the grooves.
                  BOARDSLAYER
                  Base / Edge Destruction X X X
                  Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Working...
                  X