RVL8 Receptor Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RVL8 Receptor Mod

I didn’t know if anyone else had this problem... but, due to how tightly my boots are held in my bindings... I have a helluva time clamping down my toe clip in my receptors... to alleviate this without giving up that locked in control... I made a simple mod:

I drilled a hole into the end of the toe clip, and then strung some paracord through them, braided it, and attached a small carabiner to the end so I can clip it to my boots buckle. It makes pulling the toe clip up extremely easy, and completely eliminates the chance of pinching a finger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loosen micro bindings one notch. Your boots still should be tight enough.
    rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
    ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Originally posted by rickylink View Post
      It’s strange, one micro adjustment larger and my boot seems to have a little play in it... and where I set it it’s SUPER hard to lock on... this was the best solution I could figure. But it works well... and I like custom shit. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by rickylink View Post
        Also... your pants in your profile pic are DOPE!

Comment

Nice fix! Yeah, Receptors take some force to lock in, and I agree that even one setting slacker can result in a bit of play. I'd rather strain my hands than take a bit of slop (the buckles on my boots can take even more effort to strap down, some days; getting locked down may be my biggest risk of injury .

It seems like I have to re-adjust my Receptors a notch tighter every so often. I suspect some of this is due to the boot deforming over time, and I know the set I ride most of the time have worn out a bit where the binding bails go through their mounting piece. On cold days, I start speculating about the difference in the coefficient of expansion between boot plastic and the aluminum binding, although I doubt it's big enough to cause an issue.

I need to keep the right and left bindings at slightly different settings, so my boots must be slightly asymmetrical.

BOARDSLAYER
          Base / Edge Destruction X X X
          Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Originally posted by Steeps View Post
            ............................on, some days; getting locked down may be my biggest risk of injury ...................
            I still have a few non release set ups, and every now and then I remember that short boards and non release is skibarding in it's purest minimalistic form, but then I remember all those times where I jacked up my knees, or fingers, and even my back, fighting heel bales and toe clips. Life is so much easier now that I get to step in and go, but I do miss the response and feel of a non release.
            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post

I still have a few non release set ups, and every now and then I remember that short boards and non release is skibarding in it's purest minimalistic form, but then I remember all those times where I jacked up my knees, or fingers, and even my back, fighting heel bales and toe clips. Life is so much easier now that I get to step in and go, but I do miss the response and feel of a non release.
              I had a minor strain in my back from getting in my receptors... this mod has definitely eliminated that problem!!

Comment

I have my cord leash attached to the front lever of my FF Pros, really helps and avoids a separate pull strap. Easier with a non solid lever of course...

Comment

Working...
                X