Slingshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slingshots

Okay.... I just spent two days on these in decent snow, not deep powder, but good groomers and trees with three or four inches of powder. These are great all mountain skiboards center mounted. Jjue calls them a Swiss army knife. I have to agree. I really like the Crossbows, but I have to ski them set back for the same performance. I skied into some powder over breakable crust. The tapered cambered tails break right through this stuff and I could still turn. The shape really gets a lot of edge when you want it. It's skis more like the Hagan and my Atomic than my other skiboards. It's directional very unlike the feel you'll get skiing a spliff or XL. It's also very easy to edge unlike the spliff and XL. Not tiring at all. In the trees with four inches of powder over skied out junk, these are great. The wide tips and rocker really handle this stuff. You can turn on a dime considering it is somewhat long. It does lack that playful feeling the XL has due to the shape. I don't mind that though because I usually ride going forward. This may be my go to board depending on how I do on it in the deep stuff. If you still enjoy long skis, buy this board. If you want to try something different from the traditional skiboard, buy this board. Take advantage of Jeff's great sale.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
    Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
    Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
    History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

I fully agree! Great fun riding with you yesterday!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

The Dream Team !
      rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
      ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
        I fully agree! Great fun riding with you yesterday!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
        Funky skipants, Wendell!
        Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
        Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
        Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
          Okay.... I just spent two days on these in decent snow, not deep powder, but good groomers and trees with three or four inches of powder. These are great all mountain skiboards center mounted. Jjue calls them a Swiss army knife. I have to agree. I really like the Crossbows, but I have to ski them set back for the same performance. I skied into some powder over breakable crust. The tapered cambered tails break right through this stuff and I could still turn. The shape really gets a lot of edge when you want it.
          We finally got our powder day and I agree. I found riding pow centre-mounted, less work than the Crossbows. And they turn a dream in the soft snow. Even when the powder got tracked out, riding the chop was very controllable. I rode mostly without poles, although I did stop at the car at one stage to take the poles just to get through some slow soft snow.
          Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
          Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
          Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post

Funky skipants, Wendell!
            Rickylink has the same pair.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
            History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

To bad they don’t have them in a smaller size

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy Fred who some of you met at Shredfest, bought a pair of Slingshots. He skied them last Monday at Heavenly. He really likes them and says they are going to replace his sherpas as his go to skiboard.

Comment

My buddy Fred who some of you met at Shredfest, bought a pair of Slingshots. He skied them last Monday at Heavenly. He really likes them and says they are going to replace his sherpas as his go to skiboard.

I just spent three days at Mt Bachelor riding the Slingshots. These are my number one favorite boards now. Performance on steep ice cannot be matched by any board I have except the Sherpas. I love the grip and how nimble they are. I almost never felt like I might slide out. I skied with three expert skiers on long skis and could keep up with them.

Comment

Wow!
                    rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                    ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

I just spent three days at Mt Bachelor riding the Slingshots. These are my number one favorite boards now. Performance on steep ice cannot be matched by any board I have except the Sherpas. I love the grip and how nimble they are. I almost never felt like I might slide out. I skied with three expert skiers on long skis and could keep up with them.

that's a HUGE statement
                      Skis/Skiboards:
                      2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
                      2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
                      2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
                      2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
                      20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
                      2012 Salomon SPK 90
                      2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
                      2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Wendell, do you have the race tune from Jeff? If so, could that be contributing to the performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Performance on steep ice cannot be matched by any board I have except the Sherpas. I love the grip and how nimble they are. I almost never felt like I might slide out. I skied with three expert skiers on long skis and could keep up with them.

Would the new sharp edges contribute to that feel?
                          As I have experienced that on my last ski trip, I was fine until I got into some rocky conditions. Sometime after that everything seemed like I was sliding out quite a bit, like the spliffs got detuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post

Would the new sharp edges contribute to that feel?
                            As I have experienced that on my last ski trip, I was fine until I got into some rocky conditions. Sometime after that everything seemed like I was sliding out quite a bit, like the spliffs got detuned.

I don't have the race tune. I also detuned the tips. Without a wide tail like our usual twintips, the entire edge engages when you go into a turn, not just the the tips and tails initially. On the wide boards, when you hit a slick spot, you will almost always slip a bit. Where the loose snow had been scrapped off, I expected to slide. These boards boards don't slip. You can allow them to slide with control by releasing the pressure on the tips. This is more like skiing a ski. If you are used to skiing carving off the tips this will take you some time to get used to. Like I previously posted if you like skis or the Ethan Too's, this board will be right up your alley. The spliff and XL are on the opposite end of the continuum to this board. I like them a lot, but only in soft conditions. I would have been sliding all over the place on these boards the last 3 days even with razor sharp edges.

Comment

After four days at Shredfest purely on Slingshots and also seeing other ride them in their own style, I can definitely say that this is a remarkable design. The boards dealt very well with all conditions that we encountered.

Comment

Working...
                              X