I want to buy something for my wife.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to buy something for my wife.

I read the chart on this site to choose some boards for her, and maybe it's a little outdated. I'm a recent convert to the Sherpas and I love them. My wife is just learning to ski on rentals and I would like to buy her some skiboards to learn. she is 5ft 4, 150 lbs. I'm looking at the chart provided and I'm a little confused. She will mostly be on green, groomed trails and if I'm reading correctly it seems she would be happy learning in boards 100cm-120cm (with release)…. What would y'all recommend?

spliff, Rumspringa, Elan freeline maybe, I dunno...

Comment

If she's new to skiing you should probably look at boards that are also not too wide, because the wide ones would be a bit harder to put on the edge by a beginner.
      Rumspringa are the closest to ski size, maybe SnowJam 99cm also, but I have never tried those, you need to search in the "gear reviews" sub-forum.
      The Sticky Icky are also very good boards, not that wide, they would be a good choice as well.
      The Revolts and ALP/DLP are other good boards, even for beginners, but they are significantly wider, the technique is a bit different comparing to skiing, but with your assistance and starting on green slopes like you said, I think they should work as well
      Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
      Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
      Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

I wonder if the Crossbows would be a little too much for someone her size and new to it all?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirefisher View Post
          I wonder if the Crossbows would be a little too much for someone her size and new to it all?
          They would be a good choice from her in my opinion. They are not too wide.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
          Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
          Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
          History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Boy now after reading the reviews for the caddy Jr. And hearing from Mr. Singer, I'm leaning toward the caddy Jr, !?. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirefisher View Post
              Boy now after reading the reviews for the caddy Jr. And hearing from Mr. Singer, I'm leaning toward the caddy Jr, !?. Any thoughts?
              They are great twintips. They carve great and take little effort to ski. My ex girlfriend, her daughter and her sister love them. There is only an issue in powder as there is not adequate float even if you weighed 140 in a foot of powder. I've seen them struggle in powder on these. This may not he an issue since your wife is just starting to ski.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

The price is reading right
              Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
              Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
              Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
              History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

I have always had great success having new to ski boarding/skiing females on 98 to 105 lengths. Previous soft revolts, SII, and slapdash.
                If too stiff or wide and it is harder for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Working...
                X