Blunt Xl vs Spliff how do they compare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blunt Xl vs Spliff how do they compare

I currently ski RVL8 Blunt and Slapdash. 5'2" 130 lb I kind of have an idea of what the Blunt Xl would be like what about the RVL8 Spliff?

I mostly ski east coast resorts.

Originally posted by Madmax View Post
    I currently ski RVL8 Blunt and Slapdash. 5'2" 130 lb I kind of have an idea of what the Blunt Xl would be like what about the RVL8 Spliff?

I mostly ski east coast resorts.
    Hi Madmax, I tend to think the Blunt Xl would be a better choice for you based on your size and your riding on the East coast. . The Blunt Xl rides similarly to the regular Blunt you have but has a huge increase in performance that seems way beyond the increase in length. The main difference is that it performs way better in softer , variable , broken up snow conditions then the regular Blunt but remains very easy to turn and get on edge despite it's wide shape primarily because it is zero cambered and mildly rockered. It rides very well in all conditions from a center mounted position of the binding. The Spliff on the other hand is cambered and rockered which requires significantly more effort to get on edge and maintain an edge on firm snow and that is for me , a much heavier person then you. I also find that I need to set back my binding to prevent tip dive in soft snow which does not occur for me with the Blunt Xl . I prefer the Spliff over the Blunt Xl because it gives me more float in deep snow for my weight over the Blunt Xl and holds a bit of a better edge carving at speed then the Blunt Xl but that is for me and my size and me riding west coast resorts with generally softer snow . Anyway that is my two cents. Hopefully others will give you theirs.
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

I wouldn't choose the Spliffs at your size. I love the XLs and consider them the most playful and capable boards out there in the right conditions. Those conditions being powder and soft-snow groomers. Get them on icy hard pack, and they're not much fun. Last year at Westfest (particularly the Solitude day) several of the riders were riding XLs and having a difficult time on the icy skied-off groomers. They were choosing to go off piste to avoid those conditions. I was on the Sticky Icky Ickys and wasn't having an issue at all. Since you already have the Blunts, you might want to consider the Ickys instead of the XLs. I hear conditions on the East Coast are quite icy a lot of the time. The Ickys (for me) have great edge hold and a decent amount of float (set back). I've ridden them in some pretty deep powder, and I'm quite heavier than you.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Working...
      X