90cm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90cm

What is the best all-around 90cm skiboard? are they the line pros, the snowjam 90's?
    <3SKIBOARD

Thats a tuff one to decide. There are not too many 90cm boards anymore but....As far as my personal preferance I have always loved my Line Five-0's.
    Live and ride like there's no tomorrow...because tomorrow might not be here for you.

Comment

Re: 90cm

Originally posted by Marc8190
      What is the best all-around 90cm skiboard? are they the line pros, the snowjam 90's?
      Line Five-O's are nice, but line pros are not the same.
      Snowjam is the best in the 90's, at least for me.
      I love the mountains - summer or winter! Hiking, Biking or Snow Riding - just can't be beat.

Comment

If you can get your hands on a pair of old Line 5-0's or Jedi's or a pair of Canon Heritage/H-series boards it would be ideal. Out of the boards that are currently being manufactured, I'd say that the SnowJam 90's are the best.
        I do it because I can.
        I can because I want to.
        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
        '08 KTPs

Comment

I have a pair of Line Pro 90s with extreme 2s and havent had any problems, besides being a little bit narrow
          Boards: Condors, Chickens, EMP's, Original Revolts
          Bindings: Bombers, FF Pro
          Boots: Lange xt100
          portfolio

Comment

does anyone here have experience with the Line Cruisers (89cm)? there are a pair on another site right now for pretty cheap, was thinking about getting as secondary short boards

Comment

The only thing about the ones on skiboards.com is that they have the freeblock pattern, meaning you won't ever be able to upgrade your bindings. I still also don't think that those would work as well as regular 4x4 bindings considering that they aren't made by anyone anymore. Someone else who knows more might be able to answer that better. They boards themselves look nice though.
              I do it because I can.
              I can because I want to.
              I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
              '08 KTPs

Comment

yeah i was wondering about the bindings......ebay has some line weapons and a pair of 5-0's too, the weapons are pretty beat up though but can be fixed up enough i'm sure - come with FFpro bindings too

Comment

ive only ridden 90s. i had snowjams, have canons and line jedis. the jedis are good the canons are ok but the tip and tail arent very big.

www.lokenindustries.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                    ive only ridden 90s. i had snowjams, have canons and line jedis. the jedis are good the canons are ok but the tip and tail arent very big.
                    what about the snowjams?
                    <3SKIBOARD

Comment

mine were used and something was wrong with them, the bindings kept coming off or lose where it would come off if you did anything, and then it just split down the middle

www.lokenindustries.com

Comment

Originally posted by SkaFreak
                        The only thing about the ones on skiboards.com is that they have the freeblock pattern, meaning you won't ever be able to upgrade your bindings.
                        I got my first skiboards when I bought some Line Jedis on eBay earlier this season. I nearly bought those Cruisers before I'd had a chance to try my Jedis, but held off so I could check that 90s were the right length for me. Good job I did, as they are a little short for general use.

The Jedis are great fun (superb for spinning on the snow) and I learnt a lot in my first three outings. Then I bought some MNPs (98cm) on eBay, which look very much like a longer Jedi. They're brilliant; I feel a lot more stable on them at speed.

Having tried the MNPs I then put the Jedis back on, expecting to be disappointed with them. On the contrary, all of a sudden I'd had an upgrade in low speed control and could spin really easily, ride down the lift line backwards, etc; it felt a lot more like skating.

The perceived stability is going to vary with your height and weight; it's a not just a function of board length. To give you a yard stick, I'm 6' and 200lbs.

A friend of mine who's 5'8" and quite stocky tried both (hist first time boarding) and also preferred the MNPs (stability again), but he's coming straight from skiing. My girlfriend (5'2") likes the Jedis, which are the maximum length she should be on with fixed bindings. She didn't notice any stability issues.

My Jedis are a bit beat up and I think I paid slightly over the odds for them. I saw a nice looking pair of five-O's go on eBay for under a hundred bucks the other week (with FF Pro bindings!). I probably should have bought them to lend to friends, but then I'd have two pairs that I'll rarely ride!

Comment

Ive ridden the cruisors once at my home mountain and they had a nice feel. Wouldnt have been my favorite board.

Be careful tho cuz u might be looking at a board that is too short for you.

How tall are you jason_elk?wat do you weigh?
                          "I Know that I am a woman, a woman with inward strength and plenty of courage"
                          ~Anne Frank~

Comment

Originally posted by graham
                            I saw a nice looking pair of five-O's go on eBay for under a hundred bucks the other week (with FF Pro bindings!). I probably should have bought them to lend to friends, but then I'd have two pairs that I'll rarely ride!
                            i bought those... i'm glad you didnt bid on them! i hope i get them, the guy has zero feedback and hasn't really answered my emails much.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Working...
                            X