Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time of year again. Are you ready to start thinking about snow? RVL8 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that time of year again. Are you ready to start thinking about snow? RVL8 2020

I'm proud to open up the new RVL8 skiboards for pre-order at Skiboardsonline.com

Last edited by Greco; 07-31-2019, 11:35 PM.

Stoked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Favourite graphics

Those look good Greco.
      My favourite graphics design is on the Blunts with the Bantams coming in second.
      Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
      Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
      Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Another great looking lineup! Loving the return of the bright Blunt XLs, the Stickies are sure to be head turners and I’m digging the subtle Mario vibes on the Spliffs.

Comment

Great new graphics but was hoping to see some design changes like a RVL8 longboard or something as simple as adding the Spliff/Sticky 4x4/4x10 setback inserts to the RCs and DLPs. For us taller riders that little setback for release bindings can make a ton of difference on heavy powder days.
          Boards:
          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
            Great new graphics but was hoping to see some design changes like a RVL8 longboard or something as simple as adding the Spliff/Sticky 4x4/4x10 setback inserts to the RCs and DLPs. For us taller riders that little setback for release bindings can make a ton of difference on heavy powder days.
            If all goes to plan the Revolt and DLP will have the same Spruce riser setback option as the Spliff and Sticky. I'm not convinced the RC needs a setback.

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
              If all goes to plan the Revolt and DLP will have the same Spruce riser setback option as the Spliff and Sticky....
              Excellent!

... I'm not convinced the RC needs a setback....
              Make up a prototype and I'll test them for you ... ... you might be right but I always had a little setback in Bombers on my RCs (maybe 1cm). That made them more comfortable for me. That said I skate off balance from my heels on ice and inline skates so I'm an odd duck.

Question -- Which models of RCs do the elves at SBOL have in stock and ready to ship before the 19/20 season? I sold my old beater boards but might want to add a new set back to my quiver. Are the '15 Global Warming boards in stock and the '18 dessert/jungle boards only pre-order?
              Boards:
              2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
              2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
              2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
              2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
              2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
              2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
              2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
              2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Looks like I'll be ordering a new set of boards this year. Going to need to get some new gear all around I think. Thinking about getting some 105s or something similar since I have 110s maybe even a set of blunts. Will 99s support 185lbs or should I cut some weight?
                Revel8 ALPdors
                Gold Revel8 Receptors
                Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                ____
                Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                  Excellent!

Question -- Which models of RCs do the elves at SBOL have in stock and ready to ship before the 19/20 season? I sold my old beater boards but might want to add a new set back to my quiver. Are the '15 Global Warming boards in stock and the '18 dessert/jungle boards only pre-order?
                  These are here now -

Comment

Yes ,nice line up , Greco. Late this season I got back on my ancient 1st edition ALPs , the old soft version and really enjoyed them set back 4cm with my modified Receptor bindings and my Zero bindings. Unfortunately I broke one of the boards in half which is I guess is one of the reason the newer versions are stronger especially for us heavyweights. While I love the Spruce Crossbows, I really enjoy the lightweight feel and tight connection of a non releaser with hardboots. I finally have a hardboot ski boot which is really comfortable and have gravitated back to hardboots from my soft boot set up primarily because I enjoy the precision of carving with hardboots and a non releaser. I now am riding mostly regular Condors and Spliffs set back and I really enjoy them and the 110 length so I preordered my new DLPs ! The graphics are cool! I really think the idea of having a set back option for the Spruce riser is great and having the Spliff and Sticky set back options on new runs of the other boards is great . I tend to agree, however, that a 3cm set back on the RC is not necessary or helpful. Setting back just a bit at 1cm or so with a nonreleaser can help a bit but any more I think a rider would tend not to have much support out back because of the very big rocker. Just my opinion.
                    Boards :
                    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                    Boots
                    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                    Bindings:
                    Zero Pro Non release Binding
                    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

If all goes to plan the Revolt and DLP will have the same Spruce riser setback option as the Spliff and Sticky. I'm not convinced the RC needs a setback.
                      I agree with Greco. The RC doesn't need a setback. The board's sweet spot is in the middle IMHO.
                      Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
                      Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
                      Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

What's the skinny on pre-order? I'm in for a pair of Spliffs and DLPs this year, but I also just spent my life savings on an acreage and haven't got used to being in debt yet, so.... Is there any incentive to pre-order right now as opposed to October or so?

(and hey, one can hope that the loonie comes up a bit in the meantime... exchange and duty suck)

Sticky Icky graphics are probably my favorite of the bunch. The Spliffs are a little better than last year... maybe? Can't decide. The graphics are too mellow for the ride. The tiger on DLPs is a bit cringe-worthy, but I like the rest of the board design and will be riding them anyways... the watercolour graphic is still my favorite by a long shot. I've retired that set of DLPs but the top sheets are still in great shape and I'm keeping them for wall art.

Also noticed that some of the 2019 boards (Spliffs, SII) are shown as pre-order... are some of last years' models getting re-made? Does that make it essentially a graphics choice, or are there differences in the boards?
                        BOARDSLAYER
                        Base / Edge Destruction X X X
                        Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Originally posted by Steeps View Post

Also noticed that some of the 2019 boards (Spliffs, SII) are shown as pre-order... are some of last years' models getting re-made? Does that make it essentially a graphics choice, or are there differences in the boards?
                          Yes, this is correct, the only difference will be graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
                            Yes ,nice line up , Greco.
                            Thank you Jack.

Comment

Working...
                            X