Cool Skiboard Projects This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Skiboard Projects This Season?

One of the things I’ve come to love about this community is the group of tinkerers coming up with novel ideas for bindings and boards (fintec step-in, unique setback ideas, etc)

Just curious if anyone has been up to anything like that this season, and hoarding all the knowledge for themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing from me. The HDPE risers I made two seasons ago fixed all my binding/boot/interface/footprint/flex issues, so I seem to have no more problems to solve.
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I keep snagging my Crossbows where one board slides into the rear gap between the other board and its riser and gets stuck. It is extremely annoying and actually got dangerous a few times this season when I couldn't get them to separate until I stopped. I'm planning to try inserting a 1/4-1/2 inch HDPE plate between the board and the riser but am having trouble sourcing longer screws locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Machine View Post
        I keep snagging my Crossbows where one board slides into the rear gap between the other board and its riser and gets stuck. It is extremely annoying and actually got dangerous a few times this season when I couldn't get them to separate until I stopped. I'm planning to try inserting a 1/4-1/2 inch HDPE plate between the board and the riser but am having trouble sourcing longer screws locally.
        Spitballing here, but perhaps you could fabricate a sort of hinge for the riser back that is angled? So that if there is contact from the side it won’t get stuck but the board flexing upwards will allow the hinge to move and the board to flex freely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unless you have a Fastenal or Grainger store nearby, it's not likely you'll find these screws locally. They're not the cheapest, but you can't beat McMaster-Carr for fast shipping and having everything/anything in stock:

https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-flat-head-screws

"Factory" Spruce screws are M6 x 30mm stainless Phillips-drive flat-head. 35mm and 40mm are available, so you'll likely want one of those lengths.

Edit: Another possible solution to consider would be to fit a block of flexible foam rubber (re-purposed weather-strip material or some such) into the "V" where you're getting your board wedged under the riser. Maybe fasten it to the bottom of the riser with rubber contact cement so it would be secure but not necessarily permanent.

Comment

Thanks, Bill, I will probably have to order online from there.

I don't think any kind of barrier will really work. The problem is that the inside board gets wedged into the outside board while I'm turning, so the outside board flexes and compresses to make the riser bite into the inside board. I rarely experience this on other boards, and I think that's because they're stiffer and more cambered than the Crossbows. I thought about grinding away some of that aluminum on the riser, but I think elevating the whole riser is the safer bet. We'll see.

Comment

Thanks, Bill, I will probably have to order online from there.

I don't think any kind of barrier will really work. The problem is that the inside board gets wedged into the outside board while I'm turning, so the outside board flexes and compresses to make the riser bite into the inside board. I rarely experience this on other boards, and I think that's because they're stiffer and more cambered than the Crossbows. I thought about grinding away some of that aluminum on the riser, but I think elevating the whole riser is the safer bet. We'll see.
              I found a great deal on Amazon and ebay for bolts in ALL sizes
              Skis/Skiboards:
              2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
              2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
              2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
              2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
              20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
              2012 Salomon SPK 90
              2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
              2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Working...
              X