Summit Carbon Pro 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Carbon Pro 99

Well I pulled the trigger on the Summit carbon pros and received them last week. I purchased the Carbon pros without knowing anything about them except for the fact that they had a carbon top layer. Summit sent out the boards the moment I purchased them and so I cant say anything bad about their service.

Once I came onto this forum, I saw a lot of people complaining about Summit skiboards. Since I didn't want to waste a ski trip in case the Carbon Pros sucked, I decided last minute to purchase a used set of DLP's from a user on this forum. So I figured I would come back with a quick little review.

The carbon pros are SERIOUSLY the sexiest looking boards imo. I puchased the boards with release binding mounted and running the Spruce risers on the DLP.

Went up to my local mountain, where it dumped. Even in fresh powder the Carbon's rode really well but of course really woke up once the snow packed down later on in the day.

The DLP's rode really well too but I just naturally just kept coming back to using the Carbon Pros. Maybe it was because of the nimbleness of the the Carbon's that I really liked. Through the powder the DLP's definitely a little faster.

So far Im very happy with the carbon pros, and I will be looking into purchasing a few other boards. Im glad I have both these boards in my aresenal, and Im excited to see the differences in other boards.

ONTO THE PICTURES (did more closeups of the carbon fiber than anything else)

Congratulations on finding a set you like that catches your eye.
    Skis/Skiboards:
    2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
    2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
    2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
    2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
    20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
    2012 Salomon SPK 90
    2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
    2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment