X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in bindings... Peak 11 to Attack 13

Long story short... switched riser/binding combo

Old Set:
    Spruce Risers with Peak 11 T.H. edition bindings - Great connection to board, not one issue with performance, early release, anything. A very high performance binding - Sold to a fellow forum member. He will hopefully have as much fun with them as I did.

New to me Set:
    Spruce Risers with Attack 13 bindings - HOLY $H*T... snapping into these is ridiculous. it is possibly the most secure feeling I've ever had snapping into a binding. Performance wise, it is very similar feeling as being on non-release bindings as in the feeling of connection and response. Does not feel like there is any "lag".

Just thought I would throw my thoughts on a post. Haven't really been able to get a performance run in hard carving yet, but just riding it has an unbelievably secure feel.
    Skis/Skiboards:
    2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
    2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
    2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
    2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
    20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
    2012 Salomon SPK 90
    2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
    2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

I agree, I rode my Spliffs back to back one week apart in similar conditions with Spruce riser with Attack 13 in Vail and with non release zero bindings in Utah. I could not tell the difference in carving performance on firm snow. A very firm connection and different from other release bindings I have used.
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

The Attack bindings have an variable height toe piece that is very sensitive to adjustment. If it's too tight, you won't ever get a release. There has to be 1/2 millimeter of space between the bottom of the boot sole and the binding. That's set using a shim. If the setting is too tight, the toe piece indicator may say 6.0 and the actual release value in a tester may be 11. So, you can adjust it to be a non-release binding if you want, but that's not how the binding was designed to work.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jsinger View Post
        The Attack bindings have an variable height toe piece that is very sensitive to adjustment. If it's too tight, you won't ever get a release. There has to be 1/2 millimeter of space between the bottom of the boot sole and the binding. That's set using a shim. If the setting is too tight, the toe piece indicator may say 6.0 and the actual release value in a tester may be 11. So, you can adjust it to be a non-release binding if you want, but that's not how the binding was designed to work.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
        I made sure to pay attention to this when getting them set up last night. Tom passed the info along to me and I made sure to pay attention to it. Thank you Jeff for making all of our skiboard experiences better.
        Skis/Skiboards:

Boots:
        2012 Salomon SPK 90
        2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Originally posted by mvhoffman View Post
          I made sure to pay attention to this when getting them set up last night. Tom passed the info along to me and I made sure to pay attention to it. Thank you Jeff for making all of our skiboard experiences better.
          TIP: After you lock your boot into the binding, pull back on the shin part of the boot so that the toe of the boot lifts up vertically to rest against the upper part of the toe piece of the binding and stays there, then let go. Only then should you use the 0.5mm shim to adjust the height of the toe piece. If you don't do this, you can end up with a gap much larger than 0.5mm.

Comment

Originally posted by mvhoffman View Post
            Long story short... switched riser/binding combo

Old Set:
            Spruce Risers with Peak 11 T.H. edition bindings - Great connection to board, not one issue with performance, early release, anything. A very high performance binding - Sold to a fellow forum member. He will hopefully have as much fun with them as I did.

New to me Set:
            Spruce Risers with Attack 13 bindings - HOLY $H*T... snapping into these is ridiculous. it is possibly the most secure feeling I've ever had snapping into a binding. Performance wise, it is very similar feeling as being on non-release bindings as in the feeling of connection and response. Does not feel like there is any "lag".

Just thought I would throw my thoughts on a post. Haven't really been able to get a performance run in hard carving yet, but just riding it has an unbelievably secure feel.
            Glad you like them - I told you they are the best!

Also glad you did the shin adjustment for proper release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
              Glad you like them - I told you they are the best!

Also glad you did the shin adjustment for proper release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              As soon as I got home with them I checked and made adjustments.
              Skis/Skiboards:

Boots:
              2012 Salomon SPK 90
              2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Working...
              X