Spruce riser questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spruce riser questions

I got some new boots for Christmas, so I took my boards in the have the bindings adjusted. The shop called me the next day to tell me that Tyrolia will no longer indemnify the SL100 bindings. The shop will only adjust them if I sign a waiver. The other option is to have them install new bindings.
    • How risky is it to sign the waiver?
    • If I go with new bindings, do you have any recommendations? Can new bindings even be safely installed on an old riser?

Any thoughts? All opinions would be appreciated.
    Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
    Spruce 120's (they served me well)
    Trikke Skki

Originally posted by Ukuvox View Post
    I got some new boots for Christmas, so I took my boards in the have the bindings adjusted. The shop called me the next day to tell me that Tyrolia will no longer indemnify the SL100 bindings. The shop will only adjust them if I sign a waiver. The other option is to have them install new bindings.
    • How risky is it to sign the waiver?
    • If I go with new bindings, do you have any recommendations? Can new bindings even be safely installed on an old riser?

Any thoughts? All opinions would be appreciated.
    Personally I feel that the indemnification itself is far less important than the actual safe and proper operation of the bindings. If the bindings fail to release when needed causing irreparable bodily harm, no amount of money would make up for that kind of injury. Tyrolia is no longer indemnifying the SL100 because they are too old, which means that statistically they have reached the end of their useful life. Your shop won't adjust unless you sign that waiver freeing them of liability. Your specific bindings might be in perfect condition and continue to function properly for years, but I feel that taking on that kind of risk is unnecessary when brand new, warrantied, indemnified replacement bindings can be bought for $100-200. I would reach out to Jeff @ Spruce for recommendations.

Comment

Wouldn’t it be something that youd just be able to adjust the bindings yourself? Slide the heel to the correct position?
      Skis/Skiboards:
      2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
      2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
      2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
      2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
      20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
      2012 Salomon SPK 90
      2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
      2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment