boots and moving to next level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boots and moving to next level

I've got myself a pair of Atomic LiveFit 70s and I'm pretty happy with them. Pretty dang comfortable without having to punch them or custom footbeds (just some Superfeet insoles). I just weighed these things and each of them are 5lbs! (size 30.5)

I'm looking to try and improve my skiboarding this season and potentially trying some park.

Are these things boat anchors? should I be looking at lighter boots for jumps and park? Sometimes they feel like boat anchors, but it just may be mental.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by noties View Post
    I've got myself a pair of Atomic LiveFit 70s and I'm pretty happy with them. Pretty dang comfortable without having to punch them or custom footbeds (just some Superfeet insoles). I just weighed these things and each of them are 5lbs! (size 30.5)

I'm looking to try and improve my skiboarding this season and potentially trying some park.

Are these things boat anchors? should I be looking at lighter boots for jumps and park? Sometimes they feel like boat anchors, but it just may be mental.

Thoughts?
    I just got new boots this year. Solomon XPro 80. They are around 5 lbs. I am happy because my previous Lange's were 7lbs each.
    Skis/Skiboards:
    2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
    2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
    2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
    2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
    20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
    2012 Salomon SPK 90
    2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
    2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Originally posted by mvhoffman View Post
      I just got new boots this year. Solomon XPro 80. They are around 5 lbs. I am happy because my previous Lange's were 7lbs each.
      I'm guessing you have big feet like me and the weight is commensurate to the size of the boots.

The specs I found on the LiveFit70s say they should be around 4.1lbs in a 26.5.

I may just be overthinking this whole boot weight thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm guessing you have big feet like me and the weight is commensurate to the size of the boots.

The specs I found on the LiveFit70s say they should be around 4.1lbs in a 26.5.

I may just be overthinking this whole boot weight thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I would see what everyone else comments but there are different weights for different boots from the research I have done while I was looking at different boots. There are some feather weight boots that weigh in at around 2 lbs, but from what I’ve seen depending on size, the average is 3.5-5. Closer to 5 for the Bigfoot crowd. Technica has some nice options that are extremely light if you are going to continue to look.
        Skis/Skiboards:
        2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
        2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
        2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
        2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
        20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
        2012 Salomon SPK 90
        2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
        2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Thoughts?

I use Full Tilt. They're on the lighter side as hard shell boots go. They allow your shins to easily lean and flex forward which is important when trying to reach or ride at a higher level.
          rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
          ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Working...
          X